When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

logo backs

archibald

Thinking about putting together a 005H, out of my old 005A now that the L-Swiss-L dial is "correct" and have a couple Q's for the PAM WISes:

1)Is the rep back below the best available (Pic #1)? If so can the ink be removed to more closely match the OEM pic #2

2)Unless I'm missing a new version, the rep H series guards all look a little thin to me. Anyone have an opinion about which one is best?

Thanks as always.

post-53-1146250967.jpg

post-53-1146250993.jpg

Hi John, apologies for replying with a question rather than with an answer, but:

are not the BBxxxxxx / PBxxxxxx numbers starting from BB970001 and increasing? I see that OEM marked PB523860... ???

Hi John, apologies for replying with a question rather than with an answer, but:

are not the BBxxxxxx / PBxxxxxx numbers starting from BB970001 and increasing? I see that OEM marked PB523860... ???

Hi Marco,

Yeah, the caseback numbers on PT's rep are wrong, like most of the reps, which doesn't bother me at all

--what I like about his back is the H serial number box and the logo, which is about all I care about--just enough to indicate it's an H series logo watch. I was hoping someone had a version with all around better engraving--this version just looks a little rough to me. Eddie's H series watches have excellent quality engraving casebacks, but no logo version as far as I know.

Hi Marco,

Yeah, the caseback numbers on PT's rep are wrong, like most of the reps, which doesn't bother me at all

--what I like about his back is the H serial number box and the logo, which is about all I care about--just enough to indicate it's an H series logo watch. I was hoping someone had a version with all around better engraving--this version just looks a little rough to me. Eddie's H series watches have excellent quality engraving casebacks, but no logo version as far as I know.

Thanks, John. I think that my English drove me wrong. I believed that 'OEM' was synonymous of 'genuine', so I also supposed your 2nd pic was from a gen, hence I got confused.