When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

WM 1680 - Loose Bezel Problem

leitztozeiss

Some pics of my spare bezel... Let me know if your planned methods don't pan out. You can resort to this extra bezel as 'Plan B'. :)

Ubi. Thank you, thank you. Well, I took everything apart again, and found that without the insert and with the retainer ring lifted ever so slightly from the case by a gasket, I get good retention of the bezel and nice smooth movement. But now, everytime I try to glue the insert down and reinstall the bezel ring + insert onto the watch, the insert gets separated and pushed off the bezel ring. The inner lip that sticks up from the retainer ring seems to push up on the undersurface of the insert.

I should be receiving my replacement 127, bezel insert and gasket next week. So, I'll give it another go next weekend. Again, thank you for the Plan B option - I'll let you know how it goes.

I love this place.

• 3 weeks later...

Halley. I installed my crystal retainer ring, but left about 0.5-0.75mm gap (filled with o-ring) between the bottom of the ring and the case - just enough to make sure that the ring was squeezing the inner case lip, but high enough to allow my bezel to fully engage the outer lip. I also put a couple of bends in the washer. And, presto, everything works beautifully.

51982-36094.jpg

Looks Fantastic!!! Dont you love that watch?

//robi

I do . . . I really do . . . I can't believe that I even thought about dumping it to fund a valjoux 72 donor watch. Please verbally lash me if I ever post another MBW or Watchmaster for sale!! Thanks in advance for the lashing.

• 2 weeks later...