When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Fake Panerai 1950 on eBay ...

wheaton26

How convenient for them to NOT post pics of the movement...

and a macro shot of the BIGGEST flaw... (recessed cannon pinion)

and obviously FAKE COSC certificate (no numbers?!?!?!?!)

What people will do to try to make a buck on the bay...

It's people like these that ruin it for the rest of us. :thumbdown:

How convenient for them to NOT post pics of the movement...

and a macro shot of the BIGGEST flaw... (recessed cannon pinion)

and obviously FAKE COSC certificate (no numbers?!?!?!?!)

What people will do to try to make a buck on the bay...

It's people like these that ruin it for the rest of us. :thumbdown:

I don't usually "get involved" but for some reason this one bugged me. Especially when I saw that people were raising the bid and this watch has the potential to go to $10,000.00+ Anyway I sent the joker an email - for entertainment purposes I have included the exchange:

Me: "Your watch is fake. If you don't remove it you will be reported to ebay."

Seller: "how can you said is fake" (Notice that he is fishing for ways to improve his scam and and I really doubt someone who owns a 127 would have such terrible English or grammar!)

Me: "Thats' easy. Recessed cannon pin, COSC certificate is fake and you have no picture of back of watch to show movement or serial # of watch. Remove your watch or you will be reported to ebay"

Seller: "telling you My watch is 100% real.you wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" (Nice grammar)

Me: "You really aren't that smart are you? The watch you are trying to sell as real is a model 127, it is 47mm, NOT 48mm like you have listed. Panerai does not even make a 48mm. You have been reported to ebay"

Seller: "what evry"

I reported him today. I will be curious to see what happens...

Reported too

eBay has to pull it. I can't believe they would let a member get taken after it has been reported.

I guess the way to gauge a proper reaction would be to accuse an honest dealer of selling fakes before bidding.

How could people bid on this??? The only watch for sale and only seven feedbacks. People are way too trusting.

George

eBay has to pull it. I can't believe they would let a member get taken after it has been reported.

I guess the way to gauge a proper reaction would be to accuse an honest dealer of selling fakes before bidding.

How could people bid on this??? The only watch for sale and only seven feedbacks. People are way too trusting.

George

I did.

But I want a medal!

His first reply to me said that it's "GENUINE swiss made" and the second that "my watch 100% real.!!!"

Maybe he really thinks it is gen, dunno.

/edit - Of course he can't think it's gen, if so why sell a 10k watch for 199 starting price with no reserve.

His first reply to me said that it's "GENUINE swiss made" and the second that "my watch 100% real.!!!"

Maybe he really thinks it is gen, dunno.

/edit - Of course he can't think it's gen, if so why sell a 10k watch for 199 starting price with no reserve.

There is no doubt he knows it is fake as he was told by a few people already.

There is two more at least selling now by others.

The movement on mindycara listing looks fake too!

Closing 55 min from now.

It's still up. This moron is about to become a rich moron. It is up to $4,050.00 and climbing. Now that ebay is hiding the bidder info you can't even drop a line to the poor souls who think they are getting a steal!!!

Hope ebay pulls it...

The system does give the name once the auction has ended.