When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Any thoughts on the new PAMs?

archibald

I'm surprised that nobody has posted anything on the PAM 119 and 120 from Jos and/or the rose gold 231 or swiss 212 from EL.

I'll start--

The new movement on EL's 212 looks great, but I see no other differences from previous versions--hour markers still too long, engraving on guard too big, etc.

Awsome fit and finish, Rose gold color looks a little coppery for a PAM

120/119

My heart skipped when I saw Jos's post about his 120--I've been hankering for a blue dial PAM for ages, and both the missus and I love the 40mm autos.

The good: The date mag and font look good and the price is unbelievable. Brushed finish as it should have.

The bad: mineral glass; black date wheel on the rep is a matching blue color on the gen; "main" dial should have subtle vertical lines and the subdial should have a circular pattern (this could be the lighting in Jos's pics), the hands look slightly long to me (could also be the pics).

Anybody buy any of these yet?

The 231a(swiss) is awesome...just got it from EL 2 days ago. Fit and finish is top notch, Wolf's pics of his influenced this buy. I'm going to pull the trigger on EL's swiss 212...I wish they would have improved on the plastic spacer on the back, but I don't plan on taking off my watch for other inquiring eyes.

Anyone else have the 212 swiss? I want a little feedback before pulling the trigger

dave :clap:

I haven't bought any of these yet but I have been looking hard at the 212 and the 231...but since I've just added the following reps in the last 3 weeks...

RXW Plasmir

I need to take a break for now....

Couldn't hold out any longer, pulled the trigger on the 212 swiss from fast eddie...should be here next week, i'll supply comments since no one has on the swiss version.

i know about the minor flaw with the ticks pointing in instead of out and the plastic spacer in the back(i'm going to see if The Zigmeister can replace it with a metal spacer...

can't wait...i also ordered another surprise watch... :victory:

• 3 weeks later...
Couldn't hold out any longer, pulled the trigger on the 212 swiss from fast eddie...should be here next week, i'll supply comments since no one has on the swiss version.

i know about the minor flaw with the ticks pointing in instead of out and the plastic spacer in the back(i'm going to see if The Zigmeister can replace it with a metal spacer...

can't wait...i also ordered another surprise watch... :victory:

any idea as to how good/bad the plating is on the gold versioN?

All you had to do is ask, hopefully I wont influence any more purchases :bleh:

I like the 120 a lot, the date font is the only crappy thing about this all around nice piece.

62128-34423.jpg

This pic courtesy of 913 who I purchased it from. He got it from Joshua:

62128-34424.jpg

I have been drooling over pics of the 212 all evening... but, as usual, I'm confused.

The "reg T.M" on the reps looks a little oversized. Not that you would notice on an actual watch. Highly enlarged pics are a double-edged sword...

But - the pic on Paneristi shows a CG without the Reg T.M." engraving:

62238-34405.jpg

The Panerai site shows engraved an engraved CG:

62238-34406.jpg

So - are both correct? I note that Joshua offers both models, albeit with different movements.

And - talking about new pannies... when are we going to see a replica of this?

62238-34407.jpg

Tux dial... rose gold case... and it's a GMT!

Come to daddy... :wub:

The 212 on the P site is a photo of the prototype... The released version has the REG TM on the CG.

The new swiss version out there has the engraved rotor... I wonder if we can get the engraved rotor (Davidsen??)

I like the Ferrari Panerais... unfortunately, I wouldn't feel right wearing one driving my Land Rover :blink:

Now, if they came out with these without the Ferrari logo in SS, I'd be all over it :thumbsupsmileyanim:

• 4 weeks later...

I think the Swiss 212 is still not worth the price. The movement should have done better on detail especially the spinning line on plate which is too obviouse the difference. The dial fonts is too white on rep but the gen one is obviously green. I think 212 is still lack too many detail that too easy to identify.

I never experience the gen one but someone told me even with the Swiss 212, the flyback function is not the same as the gen one. Anyone knows this please give some more detail.