When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

LV sub for the experts - How accurate is this - who made it ?

944black

Hi all,

Been offered this watch but the pics aren't very clear.

I've been on the boards for a few months and been reading a lot!

Great knowledge on here...

Anyway what are the obvious flaws on this LV.

In my ignorance, it dosen't look too bad but the CGs look a bit big.....

Anything else?

post-2842-1187375170_thumb.jpg

post-2842-1187375180_thumb.jpg

Hi all,

Been offered this watch but the pics aren't very clear.

I've been on the boards for a few months and been reading a lot!

Great knowledge on here...

Anyway what are the obvious flaws on this LV.

In my ignorance, it dosen't look too bad but the CGs look a bit big.....

Anything else?

Nice LV's are everywhere for as little as $100. or less....The CG's on that onevc are a bit too "chunky" for my tastes, but your pictures leave a lot to the imagination...This watch is well replicated in Asian movement for not much $$'s...Shop around!!

To answer your second question....A Chinese guy!!

The bezel has enough issues to warrant replacement.

1. 'Pearl' is wrong

2. Numbers are cheezy

3. Color is off

There appears to be crud on the dial around the top of the applied marker at 6 (and the smut on the crystal may be hiding dust on the inside of the case, who knows), the small printed marker at 6 is also a bit off. The marker at 9 is low, 10 and 11 are low and left, 4 and 5 are high. Most of which would probably be noticeable when showing off the slightly large laser etched crown in the crystal, which is actually quite good. And the magnification is off, that date should almost fill up the cyclops.

These show up on the 'Bay' quite a bit from 'Hong Kong' from sellers that usually are banned within a couple of weeks.

That being said, the case is probably pretty good for modding, and the SEL (solid end links) will probably be a very nice fit. The bands I have seen on these are of very good quality, the most noticeable error on them generally being the dimples on the fliplock clasp.

Search through the listings at the 'Bay' carefully (ie read through the 150+ pages that come up searching Rolex under Jewelry/Watches with the additional search term of 'automatic'), and you will find a few of these a few times a month. Usually starting at about $19.95 with $35 shipping via EMS.

Other search terms such as "No Battery Needed for Life" seem to be blocked on the "Bay" but can sometimes slide you in the back door using Goooooogle (which will open up a whole new world of 'entry level' Reps to you, especially if you live in Malaysia (for some reason most of the Malaysia sellers don't ship out of their own country... hmmm...)).

Probably a great watch for a $45-60 total cost win on the "Bay", probably an eventual disappointment for a higher cost from someone else who has used it for their daily beater for a while.