When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My collection of many gens and few reps!

UB7

I'm curious about that watch now. Does it actually function as a chronograph (stopwatch)? Running seconds at 6:00 you say? Can you reset the chrono and take a picture of it with all the hands parked? I was pretty sure that the $300 watches at bluefakes were really the $100 17 jewel chinese versians, while the $1200 watches were the $200-300 7750's and ETA's.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, its fully functional and the running secs work perfect and it keeps pretty much perfect time...It runs about -2secs a day compared to my gen tag...And yes ill get you a pic of alll the hands parked =) Im trying to sign up for VIP but when I get to payment options theres nothing under it?

Yes, its fully functional and the running secs work perfect and it keeps pretty much perfect time...It runs about -2secs a day compared to my gen tag...And yes ill get you a pic of alll the hands parked =) Im trying to sign up for VIP but when I get to payment options theres nothing under it?

Interesting... maybe there is something we don't know???

Would be very interesting to have a look at the movement!!!

P9010022.jpg

There is something wrong with this photo UB7.... ok... try this... screw the crown back in....

press the top pusher (2 o'clock pusher) once.... this should either start or stop the chrono... if it starts it... push it again till the main second hand stops... then press the bottom pusher (4 o'clock pusher) this should reset the chronograph and the main second needle, and the two counters at 3 and 9 o'clock should reset to zero while the second hand at 6 o'clock should still continue sweeping....

If your watch does this... then it is a working chrono.... if not...faux chrono...

There is something wrong with this photo UB7.... ok... try this... screw the crown back in....

press the top pusher (2 o'clock pusher) once.... this should either start or stop the chrono... if it starts it... push it again till the main second hand stops... then press the bottom pusher (4 o'clock pusher) this should reset the chronograph and the main second needle, and the two counters at 3 and 9 o'clock should reset to zero while the second hand at 6 o'clock should still continue sweeping....

If your watch does this... then it is a working chrono.... if not...faux chrono...

I think this warrants a video clip

ok guess it aint a working chrono, the 3 chrono is the date and the bottom pusher controls that, the top pusher just advances the 9 chrono 1 space, however the sweep @ 6 does work perfectly...does andrews daytonas have working chronos?

Edited by UB7

ok guess it aint a working chrono, the 3 chrono is the date and the bottom pusher controls that, the top pusher just advances the 9 chrono 1 space, however the sweep @ 6 does work perfectly...does andrews daytonas have working chronos?

Hmm, that's curious indeed. What does the chrono second hand do? (That's the big one in the middle)

what are you asking? the second hand? does nothing when either of the buttons are pushed, nothing happens with the 6 chrono either...however u pull te crown out and hacking movement stops it

Edited by UB7

im sorry dont get mad but im not fully understanding you...does what turn or stay still, the second hand? when i push the buttons it does not effect the second hand whatso ever, theres no way to start or stop it unless the crown is fully pulleed out

Edited by UB7

im sorry dont get mad but im not fully understanding you...does what turn or stay still, the second hand? when i push the buttons it does not effect the second hand whatso ever

No, I mean when the watch is running. Just look at you watch now, what exactly is each hand doing (without you touching anything)?

Why would I get mad? lol! I'm not going to attack you!

hmm... the 6 subdial is usually a 24 hour counter in faux chrono reps... so if yours is sweeping it is a bit weird... sorry to say you have been scammed by bluefakes...but dont worry you will get a good one from andrew.

all part of learning!!!

what giorgio is asking is... if the 6 subdial is the sweeping second hand... what does the main second hand do? that is the one in the centre... the normal second hand on normal watches...

Nothing happens to the 6 chrono wehn the either of the buttons are pushed...It just sweeps the same as the main second hand, example when the main second hand is @ 8oclock, the chrono @ 6 is @ 8 oclock too...look at the first pics i posted and youll see what i mean

Nothing happens to the 6 chrono wehn the either of the buttons are pushed...It just sweeps the same as the main second hand, example when the main second hand is @ 8oclock, the chrono @ 6 is @ 8 oclock too...look at the first pics i posted and youll see what i mean

Wow, so they added a couple of extra gears and have the second hand running in synch with the 6:00 subdial?! That's a new one for me. I wonder if you could have the large second hand disabled for a better effect (but then again, the subdial spacing will give it away.

the stopwatch feature (chronograph) is a counter... the main second hand in the real daytona is always at zero as well as the 3 and 9 subdials.... when you start the chronograph... the main second hand starts counting... the 3 subdial is the 30 minute counter and the 9 subdial is the hour counter...

i do not know the history of the watch... i am sure someone else can give more details or you can google it... but basically i think the reason they call it the daytona watch is so drivers can use the watch to calculate their lap times???

The numbers on the bezel is sort of a conversion scale...i think....

interesting...so the main second hand is always @ 12 o clock? but the minute and hour hand function normally? is there a way to just have it function like a normal watch with the main second hand always sweeping? and is there a date chrono on andrews?

Edited by UB7

Yeah, you can just start the stopwatch and leave it running. I actually had a friend who bought a seiko chronograph freak out when I reset it for him 'cause he though I broke it. He had no clue what everything on the watch was for and thought it was to set the alarm clock (which his model did not have). Most people leave the chronograph "parked" and probably never use it.