When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Banner Ads

Admin

Well, to put things in perspective: I acccidentalyy activated these ads after doing some changes to the google ads last week. They stayed online for about 6-7 hours. Those 6-7 hours generated the same revenue as the google ads usually do in 1-2 weeks. ;)

Oh well, can't argue with that :thumbsupsmileyanim:

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find them unacceptable and it will probably make me come on here less than normal. I find it uncomfortable that an ad is telling me where I live and how to find girls in my area!

Bottom line is the need to generate revenue to keep this forum on line.. plain and simple ... if it's offensive .. don't click..

if it is not work safe then better work :p

if more members pitched in we could have disney ads :D

It seems that some members are concerned that when they come on line that 'local ads' pop up identifying them as users in thier local area.

Of course in fact, EVERY time you boot up your IP is known to the site that you visit.

The photos of the gals you see have nothing to do with your local area, but only the fact that you are in fact booted through your local provider. If you have no interest, simply ignore the ads. If you click on one of them it is in fact a boon to RWG, because it generates revenue.

Don't worry...be happy.

If you don't like seeing the ads, try this:

From IE, use the Tools>Internet Options>Security>Restricted Sites>Sites command. Add http://ads.rwg.cc to the restricted sites list....Voila, no more ads.

Thanks for the tip, that works. I read the site at work on my lunch break and I was embarrassed that I saw the ads and left them on my screen. I contributed for the site and when I saw the ads I though oh shoot I can't read it anymore at work or I might have some embarrassing situation when my boss walks up or worse yet I'll trigger something that makes it appear I was browsing an adult site. I hope there are more creative ways to generate revenue like ads for watch sites maybe? Oh well, maybe that is for the best people were probably spending too much time browsing the site from work. :nono:

Thanks for the tip, that works.

As I said, I don't have any problems with the ads themselves, though it would be nice as a VIP to be able to get rid of them entirely -- but neither am I really interested in seeing those half-clad women on RWG.

(I also click away during the Girls Gone Wild ads...)

So:

Using Firefox, I went to Tools>Options>Content>On "Load Images Automatically" if it's ticked>Added http://ads.rwg.cc/>Blocked

Though it still says "Find The Sexiest Women In Miami!" etc. for me, at least I don't see the images anymore. It's just blank where the pics of the hos should be.

Hope it works for you work-place guys, especially, too.

The photos of the gals you see have nothing to do with your local area, but only the fact that you are in fact booted through your local provider.

Man, and I have been driving around all day looking for these gals in my area because it says they are from here! :rolleyes:

This forum needs money to operate... three little pictures arn't gunna make the forum "not work safe". Its not a big deal guys... seriously. If you dont like the content of the ads then DONT click on them. They arnt even bad pictures, they are fully clothed women.. they could be ads for sunglasses or something. Its like saying you're not gunna watch TV anymore becasue you dont agree with the programming on channel 54.. well then dont tune to channel 54...

This is a discussion forum about blackmarket replica items... have some "singles" ads isnt gunna hurt anyone. I say that Admin should do whatever they need to do to keep this forum alive.

LOnnie

i still think these ads make the board not work safe....how about removing ads for vip members

I know for a fact that those ads generate a much better revenue than Google's AdSense, so go for it, if you can find a way to remove ads for VIP member, then fine, those who want a work safe website know what to do.

(since nobody at work know that my reps are reps, it's not work safe anyway :p )

ThePiratebay.org have been using them for long, and they make much more thant what it takes to pay the rent, not to mention explicitly adult oriented P2P websites...

eBay mini malls could also prove to be money generating... so would amazon affiliation on books (watch oriented, of course), and Apple affiliation during christmas (think iPod)...

Well, Vic. I'm afraid we would actually loose a lot more members and people would get A LOT more suspicious looks from their colleagues/boss/etc. if we start displaying "Sexy men near you" and naked guys in the ads :p

I cannot say you would 'lose me' as a VIP member ... i will continue to contribute as long as I visit the board because i feel strongly that it is the right thing to do

Still, I am very uncomfortable with the ads and do not consider them 'work safe'