When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Let's see your Breitlings!

By-Tor

Last week we did a members' TAG thread... now let's see some Breitlings. Gens, reps, past/present... I'm a big fan of Breitling but I have only owned 3 pieces. Chronomat Evolution has been on my "must have" list for a long time though...

Old Navitimer 7750 Serie Speciale

I haven't owned this one in a long time. The accuracy of this rep can't be compared to the new batch of Navis. It had shiny subdials and old 21.600 bph movement. 2 years ago this rep was hawt though.

navi_love.jpg

wp1.jpg

Navitimer Tricompax Two-Tone New Asian 7750

I loved this one, but unfortunately the bracelet wasn't big enough for me... it was unwearable. Actually the old Navi had the same issue. The bracelets on these reps only have length for a '7.5 wrist max. Since extra links were almost impossible to find I traded it and bought the black UPO with the funds.

tt_cuffs_big.jpg

1biga.jpg

Steelfish SuperOcean ETA

The only Breitling I currently own. This is another of those reps that is a permanent keeper for me. It doesn't need much introductions.

3.jpg

1c.jpg

Let's see yours!

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pug is that a BOB on that white dial Navi?

Sorry, no watches to show but negotiating the transfer of ownership on an old factory Ti Chrono Avenger.

After that it will be a choice between the Blackbird or the forthcoming PVD Skyland.

Now worries fellas, just leave it to me to exhume this thread from the graveyard in two months time ;)

I have owned and still own only two Breitlings.

The first came from Adam (Chinatown) way back when and is a pretty decent copy of the "Wings" model which was part of the Windrider series. It has a nice slate MOP dial, Asian auto, and has run flawlessly for over 3 years now. I wear it on a BOB Honey Gator strap.

breitlingwingswristmf4.jpg

The second is the legendary Steelfish SuperOcean ETA originally from TWP. I wear it on OEM Rubber in the warm months and the Rep Brown Leather other times. Ziggy fixed the crown - came with a loose tube (press fit) which caused issues. Also has been re-lumed by Ziggy.

sfsolumedwristht3.jpg

breitlingsfsowristonreprv3.jpg

My first ever replica was the Breitling Navitimer. Excuse the very bad picture, unfortunately it's the only one I have;

PICT0080.jpg

The next replica Breitling I bought was the breitling Chronomat Evolution with Swiss movement and white dial.

26072007194.jpg

Then with the release of the SOSF, that was next to my collection.

In the back of a RN Sea King Helicopter, flown from Yeovilton

PICT0114.jpg

The view from my room in Fuengirola earlier this year

PICT0041.jpg

Then I finally sourced the one Breitling I have been after since I was 18....

07092007371.jpg

Of them all I only have the Aerospace left. I have a TT Navitimer standard 7750 layout away for mods at the moment, and once the Lello datewheel project is complete, it will be a fairly accruate Navitimer!

The view from my room in Fuengirola earlier this year

PICT0041.jpg

A view from Las Palmeras I think? I'm in funky Fuengi right now.....sun shining and 28 degrees.

Here's a poor wrist shot of my Navi TT, alternates between a TT bracelet and a black leather with correct deployant.........I love this watch.

NaviTT001.jpg

Oh, I forgot this one:

steelfish-14-640.jpg

Yes, I still think it's the best replica yet. Not the best watch replicated, but the best replication of a watch. Spot on copy (close enough), waterproof, swiss-powered ... you need one of these just to see what our artisan counterfeiters are capable of.

Oh, I forgot this one:

steelfish-14-640.jpg

Yes, I still think it's the best replica yet. Not the best watch replicated, but the best replication of a watch. Spot on copy (close enough), waterproof, swiss-powered ... you need one of these just to see what our artisan counterfeiters are capable of.

You had me at best. :blush:

@Steph: I didn't like Breitlings when I came to the community, either. Well of course the reps weren't even near the same quality as they are now... but Navitimer looked just weird and ugly. After a few months I started to appreciate them.

I'm still not completely crazy about the all-polished bracelets though. That's probably one reason why Steelfish is my Breitling of choice.

But you know... some watches just don't feel right... so why bother? Personally, I never understood PAMs at all... that may be a blessing. I don't want to own 50 watches. :)

Personally, I never understood PAMs at all...

I'm sure you will share this statement: "never say never again" (MaoSayPam, 1950)

;)

There is something about a "plain" Pam that is really special.

Maybe I should send you my 112 with some straps so you can make a community review ?

And some great pics I could use in my posts :lol:

Panerai112H_800_23.jpg

:good: