When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Lv Ulyimate Sub From Pt

akelly

Well, with much excitement I opened my first rep package yesterday. It was the LV Ultimate Sub from PT. I have to say I'm not sure if I like it or not. It is my First rep and there are a few things I dislike. The dial is not exactly centered and it has an extra ink spot near one of the tick marks. The crown just looks really big and the thing that bothers me the most is the feel. The band is very sharp and clasp seems too thick. Overall its a good copy. Looking at the watch on my wrist you would never know its a rep however holding it is a very different story.

I will get some pics up as soon as I can. I guess I was expecting more. However, the watch looks fantastic on my wrist but, it would not fool any of my friends upon close inspection. The movement is fantastc.

Pictures?

Problem with the rolex sub is that 99% of the population has never really held one or examined one in the first place. Upon inspection the gen sub would not appear all that great to many (hollow links, ect.) If you handed a gen rolex to the same people that say your rep is fake they would still say the gen is fake. The real test is if they can tell you why/how its a rep.

My daily wear/beater watch is a gen omega smp, and my wife has held it a few times, i handed her the rolex at the ad... and she thought it was junk. She did say my rep lv felt and looked like the same "junk" as the store... not sure if thats good or bad, but to each his own.

If you get something like the breitling, zenith, or even IWC (even though its extremely expensive 99.9% of the populations doesnt know that) you'll rarely if ever get questioned if its real. Rolex most people assume its fake unless they believe you would and could actually buy one.

Edited by supermanx

I always wanted to know if the ultimate LV sub or ultimate sub has the correct engravings on the case and on the bracelet, I know MBW subs doesn't have a correct case engraving.

I am sure PT will send you a replacement if the flaws are what you have described.

Oil the bracelet and you will be much ahppier. it is night and day. When you get it it is gritty and squeaky. Oil it and it is identical to Gen.

I always wanted to know if the ultimate LV sub or ultimate sub has the correct engravings on the case and on the bracelet, I know MBW subs doesn't have a correct case engraving.

I am sure PT will send you a replacement if the flaws are what you have described.

Hi

What kind of correct engraving do you need?

Thank you for your opinion.

55988-35509.jpg

Paul :bounce:

It was the LV Ultimate Sub from PT. I have to say I'm not sure if I like it or not. It is my First rep and there are a few things I dislike. The dial is not exactly centered and it has an extra ink spot near one of the tick marks. The crown just looks really big and the thing that bothers me the most is the feel. The band is very sharp and clasp seems too thick. Overall its a good copy. Looking at the watch on my wrist you would never know its a rep however holding it is a very different story.

The dial is not exactly centered and it has an extra ink spot near one of the tick marks.

The crown just looks really big and the thing that bothers me the most is the feel.

The band is very sharp and clasp seems too thick.

Is it real Ultimate Sub or just so called Ultimate Sub?

Sorry for my poor English,

I remember the so called TW BEST does'nt mean made in Taiwan,but I know nothing about the Ultimate Sub.

Have a nice day.

Paul :bicycle:

You must have been unlucky, but PT seems like a good guy from when i spoke with him so I'm sure he'll fix these problems for you. My LV from him has none of the above flaws except it did have a slight squeak in the bracelet (which has gone with wear) But as some people say 'if it don't squeak it aint real' because real oysters do squeak at certain positions, well, at least most of the gen subs i've held have done.

Hope this gets worked out for you.

How to oil the complete bracelet?

You remove the bracelet from the clock.

Pick it up in hand with a napkin.

You take a lubricating spray.

You move the bracelet and you clean with the napkin.

Remembers to put some glue in screw (unscrews, put the glue on head of screw, close with the screwdriver).

Precious is a honest seller make to know him what the found problems are and you will see that there will be a solution.

Edited by MAHLER

The dial is not exactly centered and it has an extra ink spot near one of the tick marks.

The crown just looks really big and the thing that bothers me the most is the feel.

The band is very sharp and clasp seems too thick.

Is it real Ultimate Sub or just so called Ultimate Sub?

Sorry for my poor English,

I remember the so called TW BEST does'nt mean made in Taiwan,but I know nothing about the Ultimate Sub.

Have a nice day.

Paul :bicycle:

Hi

What kind of correct engraving do you need?

Thank you for your opinion.

56163-35464.jpg

Paul :bounce:

Dear friend Paul, seller,

I don't believe that yours is a correct behavior.

I could also be wrong for this I hope that some

administrator of this forum or some moderator

says his opinion on your intervention.

Edited by MAHLER

Thanks for all the info and replies. I have emailed PT and they requested pics which I will be sending in the next few days. PT seems willing to help me and, so far they have been WONDERFUL to deal with. I think my situation is an isolated one and that PT will correct it for me.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for all the info and replies. I have emailed PT and they requested pics which I will be sending in the next few days. PT seems willing to help me and, so far they have been WONDERFUL to deal with. I think my situation is an isolated one and that PT will correct it for me.

PT is a good guy! :)

Quote of a review on Aspire homepage by a customer named Juergen Wendt:

Good quality and workmanship, but not authentic. The thickness of the crystal is not enough. Everyone can see it at once. The weight is nearly 30 grams less then the original. The thickness of the case is nearly 3 millimetre less of the original. Last but not least: The delivered band was the band of the Submariner (16610) and not the original style Sea Dweller(16600). All marks and numbers are false. My first review of this watch was cancelled from Paul. You can´t find a bad review on this side, because he ever cancelled all bad reviews.

Rating: [2 of 5 Stars!]

After 5 minutes it has slightly changed:

Good quality and workmanship. Very authentic look and function. It is very difficult to tell the difference to the original. +++

Rating: [5 of 5 Stars!]

I leave you with this without any comment...

Regards Admin

Hey guys,

I get the LV ultimate from PT yesterday as well. And as well, i have got the same issue. I cut my finger in opening the claps :black_eye::black_eye:

Sure PT is a really good seller i think, i bought a Panerai with him already, the communication and delivery excellent.

But I m a little disapointed by this famous 'ultimate Sub" . I would like to add as well, the green bezel look really dark compare to the pictures, do you think same ?

Ben

( from TRC)

The method I use for oiling is:

Remove bracelet

get a 10" long piece of clear plastic wrap

place bracelet on plastic

apply liberal ammounts of gun oil (non-blueing) on front and back

wrap

bend each link foward and back about 5 times

let sit 30 minutes

bend each link foward and back about 5 times

unwrap

wipe dry with microfiber cloth

reattach.

If its a brand new bracelet you will also want to polish it first... there is alot of gunk/oxidation when you first get it. Your watch will go from grey to silver (if you removed a link do a comparison after you polish and you'll be amazed.)

I know nothing about the Ultimate Sub.

But Paul... now you also sell the Ultimate sub?

Then is not true "I know nothing about the Ultimate Sub" !!!

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showto...5533;entry62955

Excuse Paul but yours is also "called Ultimate"... it's not "ultimate"... or am I wrong me?

Paul, please explain not to leave me in the doubt ?

Edited by MAHLER

Paul, please explain not to leave me in the doubt ?

His post in the dealer section here says: SO CALLED ULTIMATE SUB

I think what he is implying is that he has the same quality as PT's ultimate for standard price. It actually doesnt look bad might have to pick this and the 4th gen PO up and do a review.

To play devil's advocate, it is certainly possible they are both from the same factory. There are a limited # of places churning these things out. Everyone should look and draw their own conclusions.

Pugwash somehow I missed out on why you have an axe to grind?

The price thing? I really think that was something, as one might say, "lost in translation."