When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How do I add a decent size photo ?

Yes I'm a newbie and I hope this excuses me from asking a what must seem a stupid question to most of you (a search for the answer has turned up nothing).

Anyway here goes...

In my first post I tried to include a photo. It came out as a tiny image which needed to be clicked on to be made bigger. Rather like the one below.

However, I have seen in most other posts, particularly 'Mid-week/Weekend Wrist Checks' that members can add their photos in a way that doesn't need clicking on - they are displayed first time, nice and large. How do you do that?

I've tried the 'Insert Image' button but that just asks me for the URL for the image and prompts a web address: http:// etc., but my photos haven't got a web address. Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Frustrated of England

post-8068-1192318617_thumb.jpg

In my first post I tried to include a photo. It came out as a tiny image which needed to be clicked on to be made bigger. Rather like the one below.

However, I have seen in most other posts, particularly 'Mid-week/Weekend Wrist Checks' that members can add their photos in a way that doesn't need clicking on - they are displayed first time, nice and large. How do you do that?

Well, err, King Charles (some hopes) here's what you should do.

I personally use Image Shack, so I only know how to do it there (I'm sure Photobucket, and Flickr, etc. have similar capabilities):

On the main page, you Browse to your photo of choice, and tick "Resize Image?" just below -- I choose 640x480 as a personal preference.

Recently, Image Shack has been opening up another page with your resized image. You browse down to "Hotlink #1" and copy-paste the bit between urls etc. I usually take out the second line, which gives you information on what camera one used, etc. It's "cleaner" that way.

Then, when you preview your post here, you'll see a nice big photo ON YOUR POST, instead of an attachment, and bob's your mother's brother.

Frustrated of England

Typical England supporter. We have a rare glorious double, and still we moan! ;)

• 2 weeks later...
If I've followed your advice, the photo that follows should be bigger than the one that opened the thread.

Hi and welcome.

I just learned how to do this the other day and am using Photobucket I think. I went a little hog-wild with it on my first attempt with pictures as you can see here:

First Post With Many Pics

That's a nice 3717 with the white on black date wheels. Who did you get this from?