When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Super Sea Dweller

juanjulio

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

me too ;)

But they are going to tell us:

- insert and pearl are off,

- bezel teeth too narrow

- CG are off too, to fat

- date window ....

:o does not seem to be the super SD we're waiting for yet :angry:

Good Sthepane. This SD is not best. See the pearl, immediatly you know that it is a poor fake. I have not buyed a SD, but I prefer (in photos9)MBW/MBK

The best sub/sea/lv "out of the box" in my opinion are MBW/MBK

An answer. Have you an address of a site that sells GEN Rlx bezel inserts? I have only sites that sell good aftermarket (price $ 200). Thanks

King's new super duper ultimate SD is the one that looks veeeeeeeeery impressive. :D

It needs the accurate dial & hands (no maxi) and I think this is about as good as it will get. Crown position looks darn near perfect compliments of the thinner 2892 and thick case. I've read that she's working to correct these issues.

This particular SD also has the side case holes that appear to be FINALLY correct. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

ClassicWatchParts.

http://www.classicwatchparts.com/

That is where both my friends who are taking care of my Rolies do buy them.

Cheers

Stephane

Thanks Stephane

I know classicwatchparts very good, but it sells only inserts for vintages.

I search a site that sells inserts for actual Rlx, as 16600 16610 LV

In ebay , ofrei tztoolshop ecc.. there are inserts for these references, but these inserts are poor quality in my opinion.

see it http://www.tztoolshop.com/page80.html

Some sites offer good aftermarket as http://www.tnsdiamonds.com/watch/Mvc-017rps.jpg

But price is identical to GEN . I would buy a Gen for a Gen price, not aftermarket as Gen price

Good day

:lol: Maybe we might have to wait for the "Definitive" that could come after the "perfect" and "ultimate" :lol:

it is available... at your local AD :D

i think this new SD looks better as the actual models :rolleyes:

very nice thicker bezel (an not the SUB bezel)... but where is the ETA stamp on movement? :p

Hard to tell from the pictures BUT does the crystal look rounded at its edges? Sort of looks like the KING SD with that odd crystal...if my eyes are not deceiving me.

Your eyes are not deceiving you. I saw that too. Right height, finally, but the crystal edge is the wrong shape and has to many beveled angles - it should be one smooth continuous angle.

The rest of the watch looks pretty good to me.

As far as the insert/pearl goes I have never seen a rep with a good pearl yet -close- but never good. This doesn't bother me because you can always pop the pearl out if the insert is decent and use a Watch Material pearl. The pearl off a Watch material insert is constructed the same as a Gen and side buy side it is very hard, if not impossible to tell the difference. This pearl has a clear protective coat applied over a generous amount of superluminova to make it look just like Gen. but the insert is not good (poor finish and the pearl sits too low on the triangle at 12)

Watch Material insert.

If you forget the stupid maxi-dial and wrong date font, King's Dweller looks much better. Excellent rehaut/crystal profile, much better cg's and crown... unless it's the same base watch and Josh's photos are just deceiving.

ROLEX-352-6.jpg

ROLEX-352.jpg

ROLEX-352-8.jpg

You know Rollie rep scene is very much alive. There are multiple efforts going on in rep'ping the SD. There's King's offering and now Josh's offering, not to mention Angus'. So far I like King's. Hers looks truly 1:1 except for the stupid maxi-dial, datewheel overlay, and crystals - all easy to fix by the factory. But there's a twist to King's version. The 2892 movement version uses a different case. The factory is upgrading it. Don't know the outcome. But if it looks the same as the gen movt version, I'm buying that one instead of Josh's. The reason is Josh's, though look tons better than any previous SD, it's not 1:1 (I wouldn't ask for 1:1 before but now good chance it will exist. My standards got raised), close but not quite. One very simple part but tremendously important, a SD signature, is not done right on Josh's, rehaut thickness. My favorite, pic comparision:

Josh's

1.jpg

King's

ROLEX-352.jpg

Gen

seadweller45.jpg

Josh's rehaut thickness isn't enough and you can't see the details of the thick of the rehaut - could be the crystal bevel messing it up. Besides the teeth, though look really good (proves the factory is paying attention instead of use a sub bezel), are incorrect. The bottom portion of the bezel is still not thick enough. Josh is very shrewd. The watch in the pic was tilted at an angle to make the bezel bottom looks thicker. Same thing for the crown position which looks higher in the picture while is definitely not high enough in real life.

My take: wait for King's and Angus'. If theirs not 1:1. Wait some more till they get it right. Josh's? Nah.

-bk

My take: wait for King's and Angus'. If theirs not 1:1. Wait some more till they get it right. Josh's? Nah.

-bk

I would wait for Angus' version too. (I have spoke to him and he is really trying hard to come out of the gate swinging hard with a true 1:1 copy). Also, I have spoke to PT @ Precious Time. He too will be coming out with a Super SD - Maybe the cases are all coming from the same source? - Who really knows?

One thing I can tell you for sure (as you have mentioned in your post bk) Pictures, the angle pictures are taken at, the difference between the first pictures (usually a prototype) and the actual watch that you end up holding in your hand can be quite different. No amount of micro examining pictures will be able to determine the "Ultimate Champion of the SeaDwellers"

We will all have to wait till each respective dealer puts there horse in the race. Until then I congratulate the people who step up and buy their SeaDwellers first so that we can all pick them apart :D

Right now I am putting my money on Angus - but until the race is over, no one can say for sure...

It's the front rehaut thickness & shape which looks all wrong on Joshua's version... just like bk said. It's excellent on King's.

People usually don't discuss this very apparent flaw at all, although it's very easy and quick way to tell between rep and gen. This is the same reason why I think Noob factory GMT and Sub are superior to all others.

See this reference pic to understand what I mean. This area is exceptionally thick on a Dweller, and has very characteristic shape when you look it from the angled view.

3d_3.jpg

The rehaut seems quite good, the case is thick like it should be, the space between the correct looking He valve and the case edges is perfect... and the crown sits high enough in the case... not so low as all other rolex reps (except the vintage MBW 1665).... so the basic are quite good i'd say.

Of course several flaws need some adjustments and for the price most of these superreps cost i think our Chinese friends may solve the flaws before offering the SD for sale ;)