When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gens are Gens

Victoria

looks like sunset place...

They have the best cinemaplex in Miami*! :)

I stick to Aventura, Merrick Plaza, and especially Bal Harbour, because there are no "anchor" department stores at Sunset Plaza (Plaza, isn't it?), especially Nordstroms, Saks, etc. Seedy area just behind it though. There's a sign on the moviehouse which says "No weapons". :huh:

*Miami Beach has the best cinemaplex in all of South Florida. Just to note for those who aren't of the area, Miami and Miami Beach are NOT the same city.

Nice pics! These your watches, or were these taken @ an AD?

Heh. :)

Thanks for the unintended compliment! But Viennawatch is certainly correct in his sarcasm. That is an AD. They wouldn't let me take pics inside (I didn't ask, I just raised the camera and the guard immediately said no), but I took 4 or 5 quick snaps outside. Had a friend shield me.

Hos and breaking the law. What I do for RWG!

Guest watchbuff

Well I had not problemns taking pictures with an $18k Chopard on my wrist during a getaway to the Bahamas, the saleswoman and shop keeper did not mind at all. I guess they were sweet on me. It's all about how you approach and ask.

At a friends restaurant London Jewelers here in NY threw a party featuring Panerai watches and the security staff they hired and sales people were the most nervous people I ever met. Like someone at that party, the people of that 7 and 8 figure calibre would "make off" with one. Kinda funny.

P.S.

- V Barrett, nice mani.

Well I had not problemns taking pictures with an $18k Chopard on my wrist during a getaway to the Bahamas, the saleswoman and shop keeper did not mind at all. I guess they were sweet on me. It's all about how you approach and ask.

Men are usually sweet on me, and I always choose a man when a register/till opens up e.g. at a supermarket, but they had two women and one rather effeminate chap as AD assistants. No luck.

- V Barrett, nice mani.

Thanks! Great chopper. Awesome pic. :)

Nice stuff.... but with that much budget in watches the owner should look for a camera being able to do a good white balancing...

When I bought my Sony Cybershot it was $900. Now it's $300. How much more do you want? :)

I'm looking for SMALL, not professional!

They have the best cinemaplex in Miami*! :)

I stick to Aventura, Merrick Plaza, and especially Bal Harbour, because there are no "anchor" department stores at Sunset Plaza (Plaza, isn't it?), especially Nordstroms, Saks, etc. Seedy area just behind it though. There's a sign on the moviehouse which says "No weapons". :huh:

*Miami Beach has the best cinemaplex in all of South Florida. Just to note for those who aren't of the area, Miami and Miami Beach are NOT the same city.

My grandparents used to live right across the bridge in Bay Harbor Islands, so I was within walking distance of Bal Harbour when visiting them. That was before I was into watches, however. As for Aventura, well, I haven't really fancied the place ever since a giant rat ran out from under the bushes by the mall entrance when I was walking out to my car one day.

Edited by MikeC65

My grandparents used to live right across the bridge in Bay Harbor Islands, so I was within walking distance of Bal Harbour when visiting them.

Oh cool. That's very close to where ex-President Bush and Mrs. Bush have their winter condo. If you go in February, and see a Secret Service detail near the Palm restaurant, you'll know to look out for the Silver Fox. ;)

Presidents Bush Sr. and President Clinton must be more pal-sy than advertised, because the former frequently invites the latter to play golf with him in the Indian Creek Country Club close to where your grandparents live (the CC where Sly Stallone applied for twice, and was turned down twice. He's not their kind).

That was before I was into watches, however. As for Aventura, well, I haven't really fancied the place ever since a giant rat ran out from under the bushes by the mall entrance when I was walking out to my car one day.

Wow! That never happened to me yet. Mind you, in the weekends the atmosphere changes...as does the Falls at night. These previously toney places then become seedy. Strange.

Actually, most of that is from the lighting. I had a gen and rep IWC Inge next to each other at an AD and I was specifically looking for differences in fit and finish and the overall level of finish (visible to the naked eye) was identical. I'm sure with a loupe differences would be more obvious, but with the naked eye from a foot away they were pretty much the same. All of the lighting in an AD is designed to make watches (any watches) glow in the way you noticed.

• 2 weeks later...