When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Just Want To Show This Off!

episaacs

Very cool, I was talking to him last week. I was thinking of picking this up (lots of watch ideas but little money). He said the finish would pick up the light in very cool ways that can't be photographed. I think these new ones have better antireflective coating. Of course the other cool thing is that it is already tested to be at least 6 atm. Great watch,,,nice choice.

excuse my ignorance, but isn't PVD suppose to be matt, as opposed to shinny?

pvd stands for Physical Vapour Deposition which refers to a group of vacuum coating techniques that are used to deposit thin film coatings. the coating takes on certain characteristics of the underlying substrate... in other words, if you put a pvd coating on polished SS, you end up with polished PVD, if you put it on matte SS, then you have matte PVD, etc. PVD by the way can be black, gold or a wide variety of other finishes.

While it is a bit tough to see exactly how the PVD looks on EP's watch, at first glance it appears to have a very attractive 'pearlescent' glow, the kind that takes on different looks under differing lighting. I like it. Of course, I also like the 'matte' pvd which is the proper finish on a vintage PAM... but this is not a vintage PAM.

• 4 weeks later...
ep:

very very nice. you have a good eye, the finish looks extraordinary. i am not familiar with the seller. if you don't mind, please either post or pm me his details (and ballpark pricing). thanks... again, great choice & wear it well!

:thumbsupsmileyanim::thumbsupsmileyanim:

Ron's email is watchbands@earthlink.net

website is www.internationalwatchman.com

Marine Diver Auto / S.S.------is priced at $275.00......in Stock...

Marine Diver Auto / PVD-----is priced at $350.00......in Stock...

Marine Diver GMT's-----------are priced at $475.00.....in Stock...

Marine DIver Unitas------------is priced at $400.00......in Stock....

Marine Diver Unitas / PVD---NEW---------$475.00......in Stock....

I have not purchased from him. Thought long and hard about it. Think I may prefer I watch with gen logos.

anyone can do what this guy does. buy reps and put your own logo. how is he able to get away with the crown guard on the watch? Isnt the crown guard patented?

My guess is that no one has pushed the issue, so he gets away with it. These watches have an interesting status on the gen forums. You can actually sell them and no one gets too upset (just don't include pics). Also, I may be mistaken, but I thought the cases and movement were actually swiss,,,as in really swiss. IMO the case and crystal quality do seem better than the basic pam rep but of course, who knows, I mean my trias was also swiss,,,,