When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Does anyone have a Navitimer Rep (Some questions)

ck986

Are the subdials recessed like the gen? I have been looking at new pics of Andrews Blue Navitimer and the date does not seem to be as recessed as some of the older ones. I like the 6-9-12 version but am in love with the 3-6-9 and would prefer that one. I know that there is another set of gears in the 3-6-9 layout. What do you think of the 7750 in this watch. It doesnt seem to be as heavily burdened as the Daytona so I figured it would work better. You would only stress the movement if you used the chrono since the minute dial is the one that is moved from the 12 position to the 3 position. Does your 7750 keep good time?

Edited by ck986

I just got a Blue 3-6-9 last week from Joshua. It's STUNNING. Having read a number of posts on the old board, I am sending it to The Zigmeister to be disassembled, cleaned, and oiled. It is working fine right now, but yesterday the Chrono 'jumped' for the first 10 seconds, after which it settled down. I won't use that function again until it's serviced... Just a fact of life with the 7750, I'm afraid.

Hope that helps.

Are the subdials recessed like the gen? I have been looking at new pics of Andrews Blue Navitimer and the date does not seem to be as recessed as some of the older ones. I like the 6-9-12 version but am in love with the 3-6-9 and would prefer that one. I know that there is another set of gears in the 3-6-9 layout. What do you think of the 7750 in this watch. It doesnt seem to be as heavily burdened as the Daytona so I figured it would work better. You would only stress the movement if you used the chrono since the minute dial is the one that is moved from the 12 position to the 3 position. Does your 7750 keep good time?

I have a black arabic version in 3-6-9 and I think apart from the recessed and wrong date font it's a very accurate replica. I got mine from Joshua who was a pleasure to deal with. I have also had absolutley no problems with the movement and use the chrono constantly.

Recieved my navitimer from Andrew couple of weeks ago....asian 7750......date off but ok....stop watch function only chrono feature that works......was going to order another Briet from Andrew Navi white face 369 stick markers....love the looks......but asked if chrono features worked and got a (what appeared to be ) terse all Capitals "ALL FUNCTIONS WORK" back....now one thing I have learned is that if you pay more ($250+) for a watch you can be almost sure it will work fine......at $120...hey you take your chances.....at $120 for the first Navi.....I didnt expect much....but would like to know if the sub dials are for show....no problem I can live with that....rest of watch keeps reasonable time and i like the way it looks...when I ordered the first Iasked the question and it was ignored......

Josha answered right a way on my new order to him and will be paying more like $298...but feel comfortable that allwill work as intended....

am finding that Briet Reps are getting closer to Gens every day...but movements leave a lot to be desired....unless you pay more...

just my expereince