When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Perfect Mont Blanc Starwalker from Narikaa

Rolexman

pict0199bs6.jpg

Hi guys,

It's been a long time since my last review so here's a short one of the Starwalker pen I received from Narikaa today. Usually I do a review of a watch or other item when it is new and there is relatively little or no information about it here on the forum.

But in this case I just love the item so much it deserves some extra attention!!

After solliciting for a very important job vacancy, I last week received the news that I got the job. It's my very first job because I just graduated from college. The job requires me to look 'sophisticated'. A watch isn't an issue off course LOL. I bought some nice Boss suits and then reallized a nice pen would make a picture perfect :p...

So I looked at Narikaa's stock last thursday, picked one and three working days later it was on my doorstep. This guy is fast! Not only in shipping but also in answering PM's and because he's from the EU there are no customs issues.

Let me start of with the packaging. The pen was shipped in a padded envelop and inside a hard PVC pipe to protect it.... so it arrived in perfect condition.

After removing all the tape and bubble wrap there she was.... a beauty. The first thing I noticed was the weight. Nice and heavy (turned out to be 35 grams). Pretty heavy for a pen. It added a quality feel to it....like when you handle it you know it's expensive! Also important; the writing. It writes really good (above my expectations).. nice and smooth without scratching and with an even ink flow. You can make a genuine refill fit (CLICK).

I will let the pictures speak for themselves.

Genuine

The only thing different I could spot was the black grip where you hold the pen. The grip my Starwalker resin has is the grip of the rubber Starwalker. So there is a gen all steel grip, only not on this particular model...

skywalkerwp2.jpg

Fountain pen

skywalker1en5.jpg

Replica

Nice deep black. No scratches or other imperfections. Perfectly shaped logo on the cap.

pict0168qd2.jpg

pict0171ha8.jpg

pict0173sf5.jpg

pict0175hd5.jpg

Nice and clear cap! It even has a nicely etched serial#.

pict0183fw0.jpg

pict0185bl1.jpg

pict0186aj8.jpg

The refill has Mont Blanc markings all over it (don't know if they are correct). The refill is screwed in.

pict0190ib7.jpg

pict0193pt0.jpg

I hope you liked the review. For everyone searching a nice quality pen I can highly recommend checking out Narikaa's pens.

Greetzzzzz,

Mark

Edited by Rolexman

Mark, congrats on the job! But arggh, I just ordered three pens from Narikaa yesterday, and none were the Starwalker (which I had my eye on).

Your timing is lousy! :p

But your review was a delight. Thank you so much for it. And the photos! I will place another order soon with Mr. N.

P.S.: Loved the touch of the Post-It with the kind of writing the Starwalker does!

@Rolexman below: Ordered 3. Thanks so much! My parents will love it.

Great pics and review. I have a gen MB Starwalker and the rep looks pretty good. The serial number is the only thing that seems out of placement on a rep. On the Starwalker, the serial is laser etched on the edge of the clip. The threading of real MB's is metal and not plastic. Here are some pics of mine to compare:

IMG_0257.jpg

IMG_0255.jpg

IMG_0256.jpg

IMG_0258.jpg

Great pics and review. I have a gen MB Starwalker and the rep looks pretty good. The serial number is the only thing that seems out of placement on a rep. On the Starwalker, the serial is laser etched on the edge of the clip. The threading of real MB's is metal and not plastic. Here are some pics of mine to compare:

IMG_0257.jpg

IMG_0255.jpg

IMG_0256.jpg

IMG_0258.jpg

Thanks for the review. I have purchased MB pens from Narikaa before and found they did not measure up to his normally high standards, but based on this message I may give it another shot.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the review. I have purchased MB pens from Narikaa before and found they did not measure up to his normally high standards, but based on this message I may give it another shot.

I'm pretty new to the 'rep' game, but this is a pretty lousy rep.

Now as a gen MB pen owner (a couple times over) I may have a slight advantage over John Q Public, but I could comfortably tell it wasn't real if the person was sitting within a few seats of me at a meeting.

The star is way off (insets aren't deep enough) and the brightwork just looks cheap, and the MONT BLANC script at the top is engraved deeper on the gen, and is not outlined like on this rep.

I ordered 2 MB Pen reps a few years back as 'daily drivers' because I am anal about using my real ones (I had one swiped from my desk before....) but those were quite lousy, and it doesn't look like they have improved all that much. Which is a pity because I wanted to pick a few 'new' versions up.

Thank you for your very detailed post/pictures. You saved me some $$ and some disapointment. I think that all of the almost perfect watch reps have spolied me.

PS - excellent pictures! I am quite jealous of your macro ring!

One of the biggest differences between rep and gen pens in my experience is the quality of the clips. As nice as the barrels, caps, and logos of the rep MB pens that I have purchased might be, all of the clips felt and looked like they came off a $5 pen rather than one that cost several hundred dollars.

Only my dragon pen, which I bought through the forum but am not even sure is a rep of a particular brand, has a decent clip.

The ice is broken :D

I too think they are lousy! The overall quality is not even closed to a cheap market-pen.

The transitions (?) bewteen the black material and the metall-rings are rought and sharp-edged.

It is close to impossible to twist the pen in order to get the ballpoint out.

No comparission to my genuine MBs, not at all, not even closed! The clips are solid on my gen. Meisterst

WTF? Sure there are some differences: script, clip, sharp rings etc. My uncle owns a gen Starwalker and let me tell you... NO ONE can tell the difference from 3 feet away!

We are talking about 15 bucks for a nice MB rep (which takes gen refills with a slight mod BTW).....that's like 3 beers in a bar... I prefer the MB :)

Edited by Rolexman

I'm awaiting a package with three from Narikaa any moment, and had planned a mini-pictorial review. Who knows now. -_-

No! Go for it, Victoria, I would be very interseted to see, and would love to know what you think of these reps.

Perhaps a rep forum is not the place for those who expect gen quality at rep (actually less than rep) prices.

WTF? Sure there are some differences: script, clip, sharp rings etc. My uncle owns a gen Starwalker and let me tell you... NO ONE can tell the difference from 3 feet away!

We are talking about 15 bucks for a nice MB rep (which takes gen refills with a slight mod BTW).....that's like 3 beers in a bar... I prefer the MB :)

In norway that's one beer in a bar;)

If anyone would like to buy a crap pen drop me a PM. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have allready did some advertising for you :-)

I'd suggest to go for azerbyjam genuines - they are damn well priced If it wherent the modells I allready own...I't take all of them...

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=60509

I have visited th factory that builds the genuine MBs! It is all handwork, the complete pen is build by hand - it is real craftmansship! They are worth every penny! And no way they only cost 10 $ for the company - sorry but this is [censored]! There is only handwork, everything is done manually and not in Asia ore somewhere else for 10cents an hour!

...and by the way: none of my MBs is leaking - neither is one of my colleagues...