When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Review of Rolex Yacht-Master Rolesium "Noob factory" version

By-Tor

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Archie: If I'm not mistaken, King sells this same rep with 2892.

Check 5th row from the top... top left. Rolex-417.

Is that what you're looking for?

That's a huge step forward--and apparently the price w/ a 2892 lite would only a little higher than the 21j. Now if they would just make minor adjustments to the cases to make use of the 2892 lite's ability to let them mimic the crown/rehaut ratio of the gen, the noob YM's, subs, etc would be the best ever, better than MBW, better than super anything. Thanks for the link!

Just FYI: I constructed a comparison picture of two genuine Rolex Yacht-Masters, which clearly shows the difference in the YACHT-MASTER font boldness.

From the same site (Blower's Jewelers UK), and apparently the same photographer. The difference is apparent.

ym1.jpg

Just FYI: I constructed a comparison picture of two genuine Rolex Yacht-Masters, which clearly shows the difference in the YACHT-MASTER font boldness.

Thanks By-Tor.

Not only is it the right way to post a comparison, but it is a great way to start our day!

This shows clearly that RepAustria is right when saying there are serious variations in genuine Rolex dials and date fonts!!!

Even in Rolex of the same age.

All of us can show off our YM now !

Have a great day,

Stephane

I've found some more gen pics. Note the difference in date font and the difference in 'Swiss made'.

By the way, does the 21j-version have mineral or sapphire glass?

post-4081-1197564135_thumb.jpg

post-4081-1197564313_thumb.jpg

I've found some more gen pics. Note the difference in date font and the difference in 'Swiss made'.

By the way, does the 21j-version have mineral or sapphire glass?

Thanks Scoobs. YACHT-MASTER in the first picture looks smaller as well. Actually it looks more like the YM font on the rep. Interesting...

PS: Yes, the 21J version has sapphire crystal.

Thanks Scoobs. YACHT-MASTER in the first picture looks smaller as well. Actually it looks more like the YM font on the rep. Interesting...

PS: Yes, the 21J version has sapphire crystal.

And the date font of the left pic looks similar to the thinner font on the ETA rep while the date font on the right pic looks similar to your reviewed 21j version. Quiet interesting indeed...

@Archie: If I'm not mistaken, King sells this same rep with 2892.

Check 5th row from the top... top left. Rolex-417.

Is that what you're looking for?

That's a huge step forward--and apparently the price w/ a 2892 lite would only a little higher than the 21j. Now if they would just make minor adjustments to the cases to make use of the 2892 lite's ability to let them mimic the crown/rehaut ratio of the gen, the noob YM's, subs, etc would be the best ever, better than MBW, better than super anything. Thanks for the link!

Just looked at the one from King with the 2892.

It seems from the pics atleast that Kings version positions the crown higher in the case than the A21j version does. Which is correct??? Also how does Kings version compare to the noob version in terms of accuracy???

• 4 weeks later...
I'm not the biggest fan of the Yacth Master, but for $120 why the heck not?

The watch looks awesome on the photographs. But I'm afraid it would be too blingy. :o

I ordered the Xmas special of Puretime/Andrew (and the black sub) and I stopped wearing it/them. It loses 4 minutes each day!

I'm planning to adjust them once I get the stuff I ordered from Ofrei!

I'm not the biggest fan of the Yacth Master, but for $120 why the heck not?

The watch looks awesome on the photographs. But I'm afraid it would be too blingy. :o

Hmm, that's exactly what I initially thought about YM as well. It's not that blingy watch in the flesh, really.

YM is still not my top favorites, and I would never even consider buying a gen. But I gotta say, the rep is amazing for the money, and like you said: for $120, why not?

I'm surprised how much wrist time mine has been getting lately.

• 1 month later...

Is any any major aesthetic difference between Andrew's YM "NEWBIE" ($98) versus his YM XMAS ($78) edition?

The description on the XMAS version indicates:

Crown Guards re-worked to perfection

Correct SOLID midlinks for the Bracelet

over the Newbie model.

On paper, it looks like we would getting more for $20 less.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Please, when you ask questions like this, include the pictures (or at least the web links) to the actual rep models in the dealers' sites. I went to Trusty's site but couldn't find these models in question.

Including pics/links makes answering much easier and quicker, as there are dozens of different models and variations.

Thanks.

I wonder why this review isn't pinned!

Very few standard reviews should be pinned, imho. Only FAQs, Guides and such. Otherwise it'd just inflate the whole effect. And besides, YM is not that popular of a rep, nothing like UPO or SFSO.

All my reviews are in my separate section though. Easy to find:

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showforum=167