When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ultimate Sub Black Vs Genuine Sub

MAHLER

• 2 weeks later...
god i love this crap! for me it's the rehaut and the crystal height that bothers me, but it's a wonderful rep and very acceptable to me. we have subs readily avaliable of this quality and i'm told i'm too picky, i won't buy a orange po because they can't put the damn logo in the right place and the correct length hands on it. nun of us would buy a sub with those kind of flaws. if someone presented a sub here with just one of those flaws we would blast it off of the board, but it seems to be acceptable for a po. i don't get it.

Nice rep.. you have to admit 99% of people would say sweet watch.

Except for us rep nerds.

Nice rep.. you have to admit 99% of people would say sweet watch.

Except for us rep nerds.

yes you are correct about that. it is very cool. but i still won't buy one until they fix these things. it will cost too much to mod the crap out of it. they are not that expensive to buy a nice used gen. about $1650.00 to $1900.00 for 95% to 99% on tz sales corner. the people buying them don't seem to care about the flaws so they will never be fixed. saterday i had a bran new speedmaster moonphase with a white dial and blue hands (my favorite) offered to me at the ad for $3700.00 i think i would rather buy that before i spent $1000.00 buying and modding a po. i will continue waiting. if i get tired of waiting i will just buy a gen.

• 1 month later...

I mostly lurk these days but feel compelled to weigh in. Mahler, your comparison is very nice, informative, and unquestionably of service to the board and its constituents. However, when I see members comment that the TRL is not important, I am not only deeply concerned about the state of our hobby but also the state of our modern political economy.

The TRL grounds morality and symbolizes that which causes humankind to progress and stretch the boundaries of our collective capability (see Kurbrick's monolith).

I would ask you to question the oracle we call 'search' for more information. If I am correct, I believe our esteemed master of ceremonies Kenberg has archived the opus.

Cockle-doodle-doo,

Spaghettiman