When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Europe GTG Sat 16th Feb in Brussels

FxrAndy

A lot of people coming on board for this and is looking at being quite a night, please PM me your email for hotel information if you are interested.

Narikaa has stepped up to my request I sent to the EU collectors for some goodies to be raffled off in support of RWG and has donated a package that will make many people very happy, I am not going to give details out right now but this is another reason to get down the Brussels.

Narikaa thank you.

Thanks are also due to PT for his generous Prize gift to the GTG, i am sure that will be very welcome for some one!

Precious Time Thank you

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, if you talk about Brussels, count me in whenever you plan it.

As I'm living here it's not a big deal of course.

We can follow up per eMail or PM for details anyway.

In Brussels, I can also organise a buffet / Brunch at my place.

I'm a very bad chef but I am not too bad as a host.

If it's any other European city, I can come too as long as we know say 2 weeks ahead when it will happen and that I can jump on a TGV/Eurostar or plane.

I mean if it's far away from an easy connection I wouldn't go for it as I hate to drive ...

Cheers

Stephane

PS: and, of course, if I commit to attend, I will not change my mind

PS:

I have a very unpredictable agenda, so I'll leave the date open and see if I can make it at the final suggested date.

Since I live in The Netherlands ,Brussels is only a 2 hour drive so no need for extra arrangements for me.

Would be great to meet you guys finally!

For me the last weekend of january and the last two weekends of february would be great.

Jolly... looking forward to meeting you guys and Les.... super... don't forget the marmelade :gun:

@Stephane... no mate you're a great chef and a lousy host... the Thai food was excellent last time :laugh:

i MIGHT (and this is a big might) join, since its on a weekend (i absolutely cannot make weekdays so far away, my day starts at 4am and i cannot say "hey, how about i wont come tomorrow!"). dunno yet since i've just been tu bruxelles and its a long trip by car.

Hi Slay, i was thinking of taking the train, going to check on prices tomorrow, but if you leave Bielefeld at 0800 you get to brussels 1400ish, easyer than driving and maybe cheeper as well, You are local to me so if i end up driving we can share the ride, question is who has the faster car, my pick up will only do 190kmh,

6hours with the train?? shouldnt take more than 4h with a car :) mine does about 210-220 but it sucks about 20+liters/100km if i go that fast.

i'm not even sure if i can go, because sometimes i have 24h shifts on weekends. but we could hook up some time with tourby and the other german members who live close to bielefeld if you&they want to.

I am going to take a chance and start booking transport for the Friday 15th of Feb. I need to let the bosses and the big boss indoors know in plenty of time to arrange child minders or whatever and of course the wife. I will most likely head back on the Monday since it will be a bit easier and not quite so hectic.

I guess two options are possible...

1. meet somewhere early in the afternoon, have a coffee, visit some AD's, have a beer, good out for dinner and for those who stay... really go out... spent the night in a hotel and leave the next morning with a hangover

2. meet friday night late, check in hotel, go out and get drunk, next morning visit AD's untill we have a long lunch together, after that split up again...

Personally i have no preference :smile: How about you guys?

Guys, I'm at your disposal during your stay in my town.

I have only one obligation on saturdays: I'm not free from say noon till 4PM.

For the rest of the time, I will be 100% free.

My wife is personal assistant of a manager in an international company based in Brussels.

She organises accomodations for foreign visitors.

I will ask her to check the hotel prices.

The easiest would be to let me know which kind of budget per single per night we are looking at.

Brussels can be cheap on week-ends: as an example a 4 star hotel with rooms at 300