When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Paul Picot Le Plongeur C-Type Choronometer

while I get the apprentice preview sorted enjoy the pics .. Paul Picot Le Plongeur C-Type Chrono... :D

post-2172-1199500770_thumb.jpgpost-2172-1199500810_thumb.jpg Genuine

post-2172-1199497303_thumb.jpgpost-2172-1199497361_thumb.jpg Replication

post-2172-1199497412_thumb.jpgpost-2172-1199497474_thumb.jpg

post-2172-1199495943_thumb.jpgpost-2172-1199495981_thumb.jpg

post-2172-1199495981_thumb.jpgpost-2172-1199496020_thumb.jpg

post-2172-1199496087_thumb.jpgpost-2172-1199496123_thumb.jpgpost-2172-1199496162_thumb.jpg

post-2172-1199496197_thumb.jpgpost-2172-1199496224_thumb.jpg

post-2172-1199496253_thumb.jpgpost-2172-1199496910_thumb.jpg

post-2172-1199496450_thumb.jpgpost-2172-1199496501_thumb.jpgpost-2172-1199496535_thumb.jpg

post-2172-1199496574_thumb.jpg

post-2172-1199496740_thumb.jpgpost-2172-1199511948_thumb.jpg

Paul Picot Le Plongeur Chrono Grey/Black .. black divers strap also in yellow divers strap

I must start off by saying that the 2008 Replications seem to be improving as makers are apparently servicing the movement with more QC.. on this version anyway..

OK.. measurement of the case is as Italiano has pionted out .. the collector has it listed as 42 mm,.. the genuine is listed as 43 mm,.. the Replication is in fact 43 mm.. from the 9 (case) to the 3 (crown).

Dial is listed by the genuine as black-grey .. the replication is just that black/grey.. the same

Arabic numerals for the 12, and markers for the hours with smaller markers for the 3,6, and 9.. the arabic and the hour markers are Lumed (white).. the second markers on the inside bezel are matched to the genuine. the Logo signature "Paul Picot.. automatic.. hard to ascertain if this is spot on but if I have to look through a loupe to count the lines as they seem to be equal to the genuine.. and the 'sqaures on the dial will really only appear in the correct angle.. in other words if you were wearing the watch on your left hand and turned to read the time the squares will be apparent..and this is when the dial will take on a more black ash look..

Movement: genuine is the Swiss 7753.... the Replication is a A7750 Edit: Power Reserve + 48 hours went to actually 50 hours .. when I put it on for wrist check it was still going strong

Hour/minute hands are silver as is the genuine and the lume is also white as is the genuine.

Chrono hands are yellow .. as is the genuine...

Chrono subs at 3, and 6 .. font is spot on as far as I can see to the genuine

Sub seconds at 9, the numeralmarkers are Yellow,.. again font and markers appear to replicate the genuine

Date /font .between the 4 and 5.. the font is a bit smaller and the wheel slightly sunken due to the A7750 movement used in the replica .. the date unlike the genuine is changed via the crown due to the use of the A7750 movement .. the pusher at 10 is a faux.. I rotated the date wheel one full (31) cycle with the crown and with every numeral the wheel "clicked" or as i like to think of it "snapped' in place and there was no sliding of the wheel.. telling me that this was serviced raather nicely .. the only other A7750 mvmt. that has done that is one that had been serviced by Ziggy..

Bezel..the bezel is matte directional (single 60 clicks ,spot on).. again Grey/black with polished numerals and markers (steel)... All numerals and markers seem to replicate the genuine.. pretty much spot on.. i cannot find any flaws

Screw down crown.. i am really impressed by the work the makers of the replica did on the tube and the machining of the threads.. it feels as "smooth as glass".. no hitch or scrapping feel to the crown when screwing down.. also of note, the turning of the hands feels nothing but "solid" and of good servicing by the factory.. the hands have absolutely no play and the movement of the wheels feel very well done..

CG's square cut cg's with beveling .like the genuine

Pushers at 2 and 4 .. screw lock down pushers.. again the machining of the threads feel first rate.. i am pleasantly surprised at the machining here.. the action of the pushers feel very good.. you don't have to use full force.. medium pressure will get the chrono going and returning with the 4 pusher very smoothly..

Notice the yellow trim in between the case and the bezel.. i like this added visual instead of an all metal case set.. as well as the yellow trim on the crown..

Case Back the case back has definately all the proper markings .. COCS markings with the serial numbers .. (well this is a Rep.. but we still have Ziggy) proper limited Edition marking and 5 digit serial numbers.. the genuine may be diamond etched though in the engraving.. but this rep is engraved quite deep actually,

the outer fringes of the case back is bead blasted

Crystal the genuine calls for AR .. (inside only) .. well obviously this is double sided.. and the AR rivals that of the Replicated HBB IMHO .. and since the crystal is flat.. it,.. as far as AR coating goes is awesome.. although i have my doubts as to wether the genuine is as heavily coated..

Lume... Incredible for out of the box.. i charged it for only a minute and it glows !!!!! i would want a ziggy lume on this watch .. but i seriously doubt it needs one....still :rolleyes:

Strap the divers strap is not as stiff as the cousteau and would appear to have the proper markings on the inside of the strap.. it is on a scale of 1-10 in stiffness about a 6 1/2 ,.. with the lug ends being thicker and with more rigidness..leaving the clasp end softer than the middle to end of lug end... progressing in firmness. edit: the strap is "vanilla" scented just like the genuine.. rather nice fragrance.. like the car scent actually

Clasp double delployment .. the strap needs to be measured and cut to tailor fit your wrist.. be sure to measure both ends or you clasp will ride too high on the outer portion of your wrist... screws need to be removed and replaced to secure the clasp to the strap.

Available in Yellow and Black.. the yellow is like that of Kruzers mello yellow HBB..

All in all I would (without experience in the genuine) .. say that as far as the Rep. goes.. this is one heck of a watch,... Rep. or not.. the weight is like that of the SOSF.. very good metal and the markings and workmanship by the maker is first class... FO REAL... worth my money anyway

thanks for viewing

Lanikai

I would like to dedicate this and everything I do to my God Mother

J.S. .. thank you . for teaching me the value of truth and honestly

In my eye's you were truly a Saint on earth and I hope to alway's

live by the truths you instilled in me,and the unconditional love u gave so freely

Alway's the ABC's of life.. Don't lie. cheat ..or steal .. and alway'a say Please and thank you

You left us in December for a better place and to be with my God Father, your husband.. I will alway's

remember your unconditional love... you will alway's be in my heart and mind, i will alway's hold your love in my spirit..

Aloha Ke Akua

post-2172-1199496058_thumb.jpg

post-2172-1199496601_thumb.jpg

post-2172-1199497236_thumb.jpg

Mister Lanikai... you made a great review once again :thumbsup:

The watch looks quite impressive and like you describe it ... it migth cost me again. No kiddin' but i'm impressed by the double AR and the lume. Unlike with the older cheap non chrono i had this time they also copied the clasp correct... altogether it looks mighty fine!!

awesome review my friend!!! i think i might need to grab one of these. beauiful piece....congrats!!

sory for your loss as well....im sure shes in a better place.

@1976-did you really need to "quote" the entire review?? you can just hit reply.

Sorry italiano but i did hit the reply and quoted the the entire review,but i dont understant why that bothers you.

Dear lanikai could you please take a comparison picture the Paul Picot with the Breitling Evo.I am very intresed on this model and would like to compare the size.Again exellent looking watch.

OK will do .. once I get Home.. enjoying a Acai fruit breakfast and will drive over the Pali soon..

Dear lanikai could you please take a comparison picture the Paul Picot with the Breitling Evo.I am very interested on this model and would like to compare the size.Again excellent looking watch.

I was going to pm u the pics ..but in case anyone else wants a comparison .. please take note.... the power reserve is working great on the PP ... have not worn the PP since I posted the thread on the 4th of jan. let's see if it exceeds 48 hours..

post-2172-1199657729_thumb.jpg Black Bird - Paul Picot

post-2172-1199658363_thumb.jpgPaul Picot - BCE graphite dial

post-2172-1199657905_thumb.jpgpost-2172-1199658008_thumb.jpg Paul Picot - BCE..

Well i did not list the thickness.. so this is well worth posting .. thanks 1976 ... :D

I was going to pm u the pics ..but in case anyone else wants a comparison .. please take note.... the power reserve is working great on the PP ... have not worn the PP since I posted the thread on the 4th of jan. let's see if it exceeds 48 hours..

post-2172-1199657729_thumb.jpg Black Bird - Paul Picot

post-2172-1199658363_thumb.jpgPaul Picot - BCE graphite dial

post-2172-1199657905_thumb.jpgpost-2172-1199658008_thumb.jpg Paul Picot - BCE..

Well i did not list the thickness.. so this is well worth posting .. thanks 1976 ... :D

Lanikai grate comparison,thank you very much for all youre effort and time you spend :good:

Sorry italiano but i did hit the reply and quoted the the entire review,but i dont understant why that bothers you.

Actually, I think it bothers lots of people here - and I'm sure it bothers me, because I have to scroll endlessly to see one sentence answer to huge post. And can you give me one reason to do it (except of pissing people off) ??

On the other hand, great pictures and review @lani, and great watch, going to top of my list very fast - I'll make sure I get it before summer anyhow :)

regards

Well.. i will edit the strap portion of the post... as i have been wearing the PP this morning and a very nice fragrance has been coming form the watch... yup ,.. the strap is vanilla scented just like the genuine... go figure..