When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

watchcartel.com

Edwin25

They have pics of cheap Asian reps, and also pics of genuine watches (posing as reps). Who would be stupid enough to buy anything from a site like that... here in the rep heaven?

They have pics of cheap Asian reps, and also pics of genuine watches (posing as reps). Who would be stupid enough to buy anything from a site like that... here in the rep heaven?

I am looking for a sub booklet. they sell one for a reasenable price...but indeed even i ( 30day

I orderd the `rolex booklet` on the 23.. Today 26 i got my booklet.. i was stunnished !!!

SHIPPING NOTICE

Your Order Was Shipped Today

by INTERNATIONAL AIRMAIL

Please allow 12 - 18 Days Delivery

If you do not receive your package within this time please contact us at once at vipservice@watchcartel.com

Order # 1886

Tracking Number(s) international airmail (14-20 days delivery) shipped 24/01/08

I orderd the `rolex booklet` on the 23.. Today 26 i got my booklet.. i was stunnished !!!

Good show. B)

OTOH, a Rolex booklet is not proof-positive that they are not a scam site, since the real test is an actual rep watch.

Just to note though: Watchcartel (heh) are not listed in Dax' comprehensive scam site list, here.

@Edwin: Ah no. I'll stick to the real cartel thanks. ;)

• 3 years later...

Not really...just new! I never thought to look at the age of the thread. Anyway,I do like the watch! I'm reading some sites are talking about an etching left of the valve....I checked the gen site and they don't have it on the site. My rep doesn't either. What's that all about?

Yes....that's me...splashing sites around YOUR forum! Sounds to me like a guy can't buy a watch and post the results! Does anyone reading this care to add value to this forum by answering my question about the etching to the left of the helium valve? Or am I talking to a group of self interested watch peddlers!

Thanks Andy, yes that is the exact etching. I looked on the Rolex site but the DSSD photos don't show an etching. I have not gone to the trouble of seeing what the latest gens look like at dealers. Anyway, I'm really pleased with the watch I bought. Since the etching may be something new, the absence is not necessarily an obvious flaw, as it would be if that was a standard feature.

Warning raised.

You home in on a thread about a site that has scam written all over it and is 3 years old, damn right that will raise suspicions.

Ken

So you send me a "raised warning" notice saying I "disrespected" an admin. I presume you were offended by my "watch peddler" comment. Well I didn't read your profile, so I didn't notice that you were an "admin". In what discussion forum does an "admin" participate in discussions anyway? Direct messages are usually the means for highlighting issues with posts, not editorial comments in the body of the discussion.

In terms of disrespect, I think you should not attack the credibility of new members! It's probably fair game for a member to question whatever they want. But to be attacked by the supposed staff that run the site? And then censured for responding? I guess you guys don't have the 1st amendment down there! You can raise my warning level to the highest level you want. RWG is of limited value if legitimate posts are "censored" by degrading them as a "shif" or whatever you called my post. Why was my post attacked? I had a good experience with a vendor. Having such a good experience, I was curious to see if there were any other reports about that vendor. I found someone asking for information and offered a response. I did not look at the age of the post....who does. Next thing I see is posts from one other member and an admin, that both sell products by the way. I think you are conflicted if you are an "admin" that sells product. Because you sell product, it made your attack look as though you were "inconvenienced" by a report that a competitor is not a scam....when in fact I had a legitimate positive experience. I'm not going to waste any more time on your site. You've basically ruined the experience for me. Additionally, I cannot believe anything I read here since it appears to be censored by people that sell product while administering the site.

One could interpret that as a "seller" you benefit from having a competitor site listed as a scam, when in fact it's not. I bought two watches from two sites, and reported on two sites. That's all! Even my negative was not a slam.

You did the wrong thing! On the odd chance that you made a legitimate mistake, my suggestion to you is this: if you are concerned about people registering on the site and planting false positive reports, look for a pattern rather than jumping on the first post that you don't like! And as an "admin" correspond with the offender via a message. Attacking in open forum makes you look seriously conflicted. For me, as a legitimate poster, your actions have raised doubt about everything I read here. So if you want to terminate my membership or raise my warning level, both of which will confirm my initial comments, feel free! This experience has been a serious waste of my time.

• 1 month later...

Anyone experiances with this site?

E

Buy from Trusted Dealers on this Forum ONLY, is my 2 pence.