When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Got My New Speedmaster Broad Arrow From Josh Yesterday

crystalcranium

I'll upload some pics soon. First impressions are that this is a much better watch than the new SMP chrono I bought and returned two weeks ago. The bracelet is heavy and well finished and is first rate. I would buy the watch again just to canibalize the bracelet if I had a genuine that heeded a replacement The clasp works easily. The case is pretty much spot on. As with all Omega Speedmaster Automatic reps, subdial spacing is an issue but I can live with it. The only issue I have is with the asian 7750. All chronos work well but the watch was gaining enough time to make it about 2 minutes fast/day. I adjusted the regulator and have gotten it down to about +40sec/day which I consider acceptable. Lume on the hands and hour markers could be better but overall, this is a beautiful watch and very close to the original. Yes, I know the dial spacing crowd will tell me that the position of the 2 mutant dials screams rep but with hundreds of speedy varaints produced over the years, I have confidence no one will challenge its' authenticity. The feel of this watch is great, it feels heavy and well made.

I'll upload some pics soon. First impressions are that this is a much better watch than the new SMP chrono I bought and returned two weeks ago. The bracelet is heavy and well finished and is first rate. I would buy the watch again just to canibalize the bracelet if I had a genuine that heeded a replacement The clasp works easily. The case is pretty much spot on. As with all Omega Speedmaster Automatic reps, subdial spacing is an issue but I can live with it. The only issue I have is with the asian 7750. All chronos work well but the watch was gaining enough time to make it about 2 minutes fast/day. I adjusted the regulator and have gotten it down to about +40sec/day which I consider acceptable. Lume on the hands and hour markers could be better but overall, this is a beautiful watch and very close to the original. Yes, I know the dial spacing crowd will tell me that the position of the 2 mutant dials screams rep but with hundreds of speedy varaints produced over the years, I have confidence no one will challenge its' authenticity. The feel of this watch is great, it feels heavy and well made.
i really want one of those with a white dial and blue hands. and as far as the sub dials i think your right, nobody is going to challenge it.

i really want one of those with a white dial and blue hands. and as far as the sub dials i think your right, nobody is going to challenge it.

The blue hand one is what I got. Josh's pictures do it justice. I can't emphasize enough how excellent this rep feels. The bracelet blows me away. I just put it on a scale at work and it weighs in at 188.5 grams.

The blue hand one is what I got. Josh's pictures do it justice. I can't emphasize enough how excellent this rep feels. The bracelet blows me away. I just put it on a scale at work and it weighs in at 188.5 grams.

Nice watch!

Post some wrist shots if you can. :)

Nice watch!

Post some wrist shots if you can. :)

I will post some this evening. I re-regulated the watch and it is actually losing about 1 sec every 2 hours now so I'm closing in on the optimum! I compared the bracelet to the bracelet on the Moon Watch rep and the links are considerably thicker on the Broad Arrow. I don't know if this is the case with the genuines but it is considerably heftier.:3a:

Edited by crystalcranium

yea that is the one i like. i've been looking at gens that also have the moon phase i really like those. do they rep that? is this the one that has a subdial following the hour hand? i haven't studied these but i need to. bytor has a great guide on these and has answered questions for me in some threads where we were talking about them. what is the deal with the movements? some are hand wind with different subdials is this correct? how do you deciede witch one to buy and who has the best version of it?

yea that is the one i like. i've been looking at gens that also have the moon phase i really like those. do they rep that? is this the one that has a subdial following the hour hand? i haven't studied these but i need to. bytor has a great guide on these and has answered questions for me in some threads where we were talking about them. what is the deal with the movements? some are hand wind with different subdials is this correct? how do you deciede witch one to buy and who has the best version of it?

Only the hand wind movements have the hour subdial that follows the hour hand. The one I got has an asian 7750 geared up to move the minute hand counter to 3:00 position. By Tor recommended this one in his guide to the best Omega replicas.