When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Test: Silix’ Breitling Aeromarine Superocean H

Seadweller4000

Two things about the fit & finish:

1. The case back is nicely threaded and easily turns on and off with out catching or cross threading. This attention to detail is important as it is often marginal on many reps we receive.

2. In addition - the threads on the crown tube are excellently cut and the crown engages very well without the feeling that in a few more turns it is not long for this world.

Everything about this watch - marvel of marvels for the rep world- actually screams quality was a conscious thought. This may indeed be an excellent year for reps. :1a:

Also, on the AR - mine is excellent as you can see in my pictures. One of my wrist shots shows a nice quality refracted blue note from the thin light coming in through the window blinds. Heritage - Wrist shot

Usil's 'Ultimate Heritage'

Usil

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Silix lists this description:

Sapphire crystal, AR double coated

I think he means double sided. The watch would have to be dissasembled to be sure. I only know that it looks good to me. I doubt that any rep will have the quality AR coatings being currently applied by K2222 or Chieftang but, again, this looks pretty good.

Usil

Ok now you can reveal it...it was a sponsored review, wasn't it?... :lol: ...just kidding!!!

but you could point it to silix and ask for some discount on your next purchase...I can already imagine silix e-mail after this has been posted...

you have 15 new e-mails...and all with the same subject!

once again, thanks for sharing!

He's definately BUSY......I ordered 2 yesterday..and still waiting on return email with PP instructions.....

What more can I say? An excellent, outstanding & amazingly-detailed review of a well-built rep! :1a:

I especially liked the part where you got the watch pressure-tested & had its movt checked & regulated (wonderful pics!). Not to take anything away of this GREAT review, but I also think Jay has done an excellent job in building this watch... Jay should from now on, give you free watches for review... or pay you for it!! :wacko::1:

WOW, didn't expect so many kind words. I'm really glad you all seem to like it!

:Jumpy:

oh oh - i hate you .... i need an other watch ;)

superb review - thanks allot !!!

i hope to see this watch @ the GTG.

cheers,

Frank

Hey Frank,

I am really looking forward to meet you all on saturday - and of course I am going to bring this beauty with me.

So you can check it out in person!

:lol:

Was thinking the same thing.

I emailed Jay my Happy New Year compliments last night, and he hasn't replied yet (nothing unusual).

I am in for this watch for my bf. Thanks SD4000 again!

EDIT: There is something, I dunno, almost Panerai-like about this particular watch. Anyone else see it?

Yeah, I think it is the simple design and the lugsize is the same, too.

Need to find a small screwdriver to change straps. Bet my favourite Pam strap would look good on it!

:)

this is a mesh bracelet I found...it is 24mm...do you think it would look good on the B?

meshbracelet24mmtv7.jpg

Good find, I will definately go for an aftermarket meshbracelet, soon.

I really like the look. Dunno if I might prefer a deployant, though.

fantastic review!! thanks for taking the time to do this.

quick question....little confused....does this have single or double sided AR? i thought it was double, but after reading the review it says single. :headhurt:

Actually it is confusing me, too. That is why I posted both pictures showing the different glares. I think it looks nice for rep AR, but it can't compete with the real deal.

Great review mate. That decorated 2824 and spacer look sweet. A gen rotor and you're all set ;).

Haha, thanks mate!

But as I usually don't open the watch to show it around, I will stick to a genuine datewheel and AR ;)

Here is a pic of the movement after putting off the rotor.

openmvmt.jpg

Note how clean it is and how well it sits in the case. :)

Excellent and extremely informative review, that's a tough job you did ! :)

What I like in this Breitling is that we can be very close to the gen after simple mods, as the movement is the same as in the gen. (reminds me of the perfection of the SFSO)

Thank you for making us discover an other damn good rep. :thumbsupsmileyanim: