When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

AP offshore Volcano

hava

It is similar to the mods necessary for seconds at 6 so it is not so simple. It requires plate modifications, additional transfer gears and jewels as it otherwise puts too much drag on the movement. On a humorous note thick would be good as the gen utilizes a base/chrono module format so the chrono pushers do in fact sit above the crown. As many know the best rep/franken was the MBK original dial and hands slapped on a 2894 with the same chrono module as on the gen. Then again they made a total of a half dozen pieces for the low low price of $4,000. :lol:

It is similar to the mods necessary for seconds at 6 so it is not so simple. It requires plate modifications, additional transfer gears and jewels as it otherwise puts too much drag on the movement. On a humorous note thick would be good as the gen utilizes a base/chrono module format so the chrono pushers do in fact sit above the crown. As many know the best rep/franken was the MBK original dial and hands slapped on a 2894 with the same chrono module as on the gen. Then again they made a total of a half dozen pieces for the low low price of $4,000. :lol:

It's just too bad that this rumored version would have the chrono pushers on the same plane as the crown; unless if it is modded of course. But I guess having the movement function @ 12:00 would be an improvement; but I'll hold out until the second revision is out, IMO.

Guest pamfried
Beauty of a watch, I've been going back and forth on wether or not to get one from Angus' website/ Thing is i'm confused about the MBW version not saying swiss made at 6. Yet the cheaper asian says swiss made. The pictures of the Gens i've seen all say swiss made....what gives? ??? :huh:

MBW AP ROO MOST DEFINITELY has the Swiss Made stamp.

This is my MBW bought directly from the shop myself.

img1711js8.jpg

Edited by pamfried

MBW AP ROO MOST DEFINITELY has the Swiss Made stamp.

This is my MBW bought directly from the shop myself.

img1711js8.jpg

The Black Themes AP offshores from MBK no longer have Swiss Made on them...if you have one of the ones with Swiss Made on it than consider yourself lucky...I have confirmed this myself in person with the man himself Piek and the MBK shop...the AP ROO no longer have Swiss Made on them...he does have a few white ones lying around with Swiss Made on them...but no more Black dial themes or EOD ROOs...

Pamfried...welcome to the club.

Guest pamfried

@Tech

I just simply love the MBWs. :)

Had 1 Black Themes a year back but sold it to a cousin who bugged the hell out of me. Got another but eventually sold it to a mate who is having fun touring now. :)

Then finally got another one for keeps lol.

:)

• 2 weeks later...

1stqe9.jpg

The REP

1strq0.jpg

Been off the forums and the Internet in general for a few months since I've moved to my new house (too many things to do). Yet i had to do a kind of a review on the latest watch i've bought from Paso, since there is some interest on this one. Since 1st day on replica forums I've been wondering about the maria guy and is watches (LOL). I saw some reviews and after some months here it has become easier to get them, now you can call them MBW/MBK since Maria has nothing to do with it. Since Rolex is not really my thing and this has something that all Audemars didn't seem to have (COLOR), i had to buy it. Besides i have the Cousteau 2006 (Blue) and didn't have the 2007 (orange) as for the UPO also got the black one so orange seemed to be missing in my collection.

The Watch

AP Royal Oak Offshore VOLCANO

Model: 26170

Case Metal: Stainless Steel

Surface Finish: Classic

Case Size: 44mm

Calibre: 3126/3840 First ROO to use AP's Brand New 3126 In-House Movement

2ndjh5.jpg

Movement

caljx0.jpg

The old 7750 21000, my 1st one, i didn't want to spend all my money in the eta because i can get it cheaper and still Waiting/Hoping for a Asian 7750 with secs@12, so for the moment the old 7750 will stay. It works nice (at least for the moment), so no real reason to spend money for now.

Rep Vs Original

volca4ft5.jpgrep1bu0.jpg

ori2jt5.jpgrep2tx4.jpg

The case

Very Good, the contrast between the brushed and polished is great and it does make a difference in person, not so much in the pics when you compare this with original (i dont have one in my hand to do so) it seems that only in the back the rep is fatter (probably due to the fact that the 7750 is bigger that the original 3126). Yet the position of the crono pushers does not seem that off.

Polished VS brushed

rep4kn0.jpg

rep8cl3.jpg

Back

ori4zw1.jpgrep9te4.jpg

Dial .

Good and Bad. The good is the finish of the dial and the depth is very nice, yet the white numbers in the bezel are off. Seems like they did it just to get something very wrong. Other things are wrong but acceptable like the crono sub dial spacing due to the different movement and of course the date numbers are off, and the missing Swiss Made, but is better not to have it than to have China Made, nothing that i cant live with.

rep5jv1.jpgori3ml4.jpg

MBW/MBK Vs Ultimate/1:1/Best/blablabla/Expensive Reps!

I have to say that the quality of this watch compared to my reps is top notch i can only compare it to my HBB and the IWC Cousteau, Like i said before the contrast between the brushed and polished steel shows how good the finish of this watch is. In the steel bracelet the end of the links in polish steel is great.

11au4.jpgcompgl9.jpgrep6ki9.jpg

Conclusion:

Happy with my new watch it does make a difference to all due the orange look. It makes people look at it (its big)

A nice rep, it would be great if it had a 7750 with seconds @12 and the white bezel numbers turned to black. The quality of the case and finish is there and even the rubber crono pushers and crown seems good quality. The price was 388,00€ that at current exchange rate is something like 532$.

rep7kl0.jpg

The Dealer:

I tried Paso for the 1st time, communication was good, some delays in the delivery but he kept me posted, so no real harm. So all in all was a good experience.

Hope i help someone in the decision as some reviews did to me.

Sorry for the bad pics and tks for reading

Best Regards

JJrodr

...thx for that review....I love my VOLCANO cause it is soo very different.

But you really need to get a new strap for it...try ORACLE straps and get a kevlar white stitched with endlinks and buckle....color the thread in orange....perfect match!

Wear it in good health

Theo

wow great review!! i really wish they would have did the black writing on the outer

part of the dial. that is one thing holding me back from ordering one of these.

not sure if you guys knew this or not...AP uses AR on their cyclops. just found that out

a couple weeks ago. dont know why they dont do it on the crystal.