When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tag Heuer Link Chrono

r11co

rep... (my pic)

71636-32407.jpg

gen... (borrowed w/o pemission from ryaku :unsure: )

71636-32408.jpg

This piece is stunning. It's up there with the 'closed factory' Omega Seamasters in terms of authenticity. I have spotted just two flaws - the datewheel is a little funny and the model number on the caseback is 1 digit out - both correctible if I was thus inclined.

Edited by r11co

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm considering to get also the grey model :p

Very nice...and it's even more stunning "in the flesh".

p.s: yours data alignment seems better than mine and it pisses me off :angry:

Date alignment problem seam to affect more the "Sena" version.

I was also eyeing that piece, although I'd like to see this with another dial color... blue or silver maybe. Very nice catch... btw, how is the clasp and bracelet, and what is the case thickness... with quartz, i'd think it might be a bit thinner (my preference).

It ain't quartz! From dome of crystal to [censored] of base it is 17mm. Bracelet and clasp are identical to the real thing. I can say that as I have handled two other examples of genuine watches with this particular bracelet.

@Neil - it's every bit as good as you said it is (and the missus said you can forget the wee request on the envelope....)

The date window is a bit small in rep.

I disagree as I've since stood at the shop window and examined the real thing. My crap photography combined with the 'funny' datewheel I've already alluded to is casting shadow and making the window look smaller than it really is. If you take a look at Neil's (far better) picture of this same watch you will see what I mean.

Edited by r11co

:lol: did you like that wee touch.......it was either that or geeza swatchoyervanni....!

PS.....I can get the silver or blue dials as well....but believe me the grey dial is the one to have.......it's .....well.....beautiful......just suits this watch to a T....!

You can get a better idea of the date wheel from this photograph..!

71716-32395.jpg

Edited by TTK

@insane....sorry to disappoint....but you can't have one.......at least not yet......my supplier for this replica is on holiday at present....and won't be back until next month.......I'm as disappointed as you.....I sold the one I bought for myself to someone locally....now I have to wait for a new one......sorry.....!

@insane....sorry to disappoint....but you can't have one.......at least not yet......my supplier for this replica is on holiday at present....and won't be back until next month.......I'm as disappointed as you.....I sold the one I bought for myself to someone locally....now I have to wait for a new one......sorry.....!

You can have this one back if you want, for a small premium.... :bangin:

inducies look kinda flat or matte finish at first but in neils pic they look shiny/chome finish like gen... whats the finish on the inducies?? thanks,

j

If my watch looks wrong it is because my photography is rubbish. The watch featured in both sets of pictures (mine and TTK's) is exactly the same piece - not an identical one but the same one!!!!

I bought the demo model!

Edited by r11co

I was told that all dials in this version (where you have a bigger seconds subdial at 9) all have misaligned datewheel, meaning it is more to the right, than center. Can anyone confirm it? Neil, if you can, I would appreciate it also. I was given that information by one of the dealers, but wanted to confirm. Thank you.

I was told that all dials in this version (where you have a bigger seconds subdial at 9) all have misaligned datewheel, meaning it is more to the right, than center. Can anyone confirm it? Neil, if you can, I would appreciate it also. I was given that information by one of the dealers, but wanted to confirm. Thank you.

I've alluded to this already - the datewheel can sometimes appear right of centre depending on the numerals showing. I've had a wee peek at the movement though and it doesn't appear to be as a result of any non-standard placement of any of the components, so an alternative date overlay should theoretically be possible if it troubles you that much. Probably even just swapping the wheel out for a generic genuine ETA 7750 wheel should do it.

Certainly the problem isn't as serious as the previous model TAG chrono rep which had a date font that looked like a child had drawn it on with a magic marker...

Edited by r11co

I've got the Senna which is an absolutely gorgeous watch and unfortunately the date wheel is aligned to far to the right. The other models don't seem to have the problem. Of course, I'm not that Anal. Nobody who sees the watch on my wrist would ever notice......except ME.

Neil's Tag seems spot on.