When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Test: The Oris Carlos Coste Chronograph Limited Edition replica

Seadweller4000

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jay has mentioned that a ss bracelet is defo in the pipeline, but won't be out that soon though...

SD, this is the only thing i can comment on ALL your reviews.... :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: You really are a HUGE asset to RWG!

You make me love my OCC even much much more after reading your review...

Funny though, i may be having the same serial as this guy's gen:

serialcomparison.jpg

Mine:

pic080414155722sy7.jpg:p

Once again great review ! Read it a couple of times !!!

I ordered one but it has a little defect one of the SUN-days on the week dial is upside down ! I Wondered if it is an easy fix or will it be that unique touch on mine! Can you pls fellas check your OCCs if they have this defect !

Cheers!

Guest nikos1978

does anyone know if we

can put without modification the swiss 7750

because replica wear the old asian 21k

so can we put swiss 7750 or not?????????????????????????

Thanks for the great review!! It lead me to pick up one of these beauties from Jay. Mine has a flaw at the 4:00 marker where the lume is not filled in properly. Thus even though it is not completely accurate, i am sending mine to The Zigmeister for a full relume. I didn't feel like paying $40 to reship it back to him to get this corrected. So much for personally inspecting the watches <_< This was the reason why Jay shipped my order 3 weeks late. It has to do with QC issues and he had to wait for a new order.

Top notch review! Ordered one from Angus today. I hope it's as well put together as yours and can survive the summertime of swimming at the beach and pool.

I think the bracelet will transform this watch. Hope they get on it soon.

Edited by alanytical

Once again great review ! Read it a couple of times !!!

I ordered one but it has a little defect one of the SUN-days on the week dial is upside down ! I Wondered if it is an easy fix or will it be that unique touch on mine! Can you pls fellas check your OCCs if they have this defect !

Cheers!

Hi Folks,

mine has just arrived, the first inspection shows that everything is perfect.

As you mentionned, the SUN day is upside down (there are idiots working there or someone made a private joke, I can't explain this otherwise).

Actually there are 2 sets of Sunday : I suppose this is normal on an ETA wheel, but I never noticed the thing before.

I guess this affects all models ?

Well, it seems we'll have to live with that every fortnight... :rolleyes:

Hi Folks,

mine has just arrived, the first inspection shows that everything is perfect.

As you mentionned, the SUN day is upside down (there are idiots working there or someone made a private joke, I can't explain this otherwise).

Actually there are 2 sets of Sunday : I suppose this is normal on an ETA wheel, but I never noticed the thing before.

I guess this affects all models ?

Well, it seems we'll have to live with that every fortnight... :rolleyes:

Any pic? I'm not sure what do you mean by upside down, mine looks correct to me.

here is a pic of mine:

p1010018wg6.jpg

thank's for this excellent review; only problem is, that I now have to buy yet another diving watch - sic :clap2:

Here's what I mean with upside down.

56012302fh0.jpg

67671177qd4.jpg

It's important for me to know if all batches have this trouble or only some : if all have it, I'll just live with it. If not, I'll ask for a replacement DW.

Besides I have a very noobish question : while setting the day/date I felt some resistance. As the movement itself is reversed, does the rule of time set at 6.30 apply, or should we consider the opposite with this movement ? (hope I'm clear).

This might be a key issue too, as this movement is used more and more in recent reps (Blackbird for instance).

My OCC doesn't have this upside-down SUN, Pix... Just ran through all my days & dates to confirm. ;)

I suggest you ask for a replacement watch, to be sure. And i have set my days/dates @ 6:30 & 12:00...all without issues & resistance.