When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Paul's Po V. Gen

leitztozeiss

Leitz,

You can see on the second picture, that space between the end link and the bracelet is a little farther than on the gen. Is that due to the end link or the first link in the bracelet? I was wondering is changing the end link would solve the problem. Just wondering if you noticed how the gen was put togethor.

Has someone actually tried to fit the genuine clasp,?? I know it has been done before on the 3rd version, but there are some differences on the bracelets between 3rd and 4th.

The clasp on Pauls 4th was real bad so I tried to fit the 3rd gen clasp on a 4th gen bracelet and it won't fit. :g:

I'm on the fence of getting it from Ofrei but am not sure if it'll fit.

Has someone actually tried to fit the genuine clasp,?? I know it has been done before on the 3rd version, but there are some differences on the bracelets between 3rd and 4th.

The clasp on Pauls 4th was real bad so I tried to fit the 3rd gen clasp on a 4th gen bracelet and it won't fit. :g:

I'm on the fence of getting it from Ofrei but am not sure if it'll fit.

What was real bad about the clasp? The engraving or the clasp itself?

What was real bad about the clasp? The engraving or the clasp itself?

The engraving is fine, it's mainly the divers extension bit, the finish is very poor, mechanical scratches, and it doesn't 'snap' and hold into place. I've tried to fit the 3rd version clasp which was slightly better but that won't fit either. Even the different parts of the clasp aren't interchangable...

The engraving is fine, it's mainly the divers extension bit, the finish is very poor, mechanical scratches, and it doesn't 'snap' and hold into place. I've tried to fit the 3rd version clasp which was slightly better but that won't fit either. Even the different parts of the clasp aren't interchangable...

I have seen someone at TRC buy a gen clasp and fit it to a 3rd gen PO. He said everything fit perfectly.

Have you tried spreading the extension apart, see if that helps is snap better? I haven't seen a close up of the 4th gen to see how it compares to my smp, but the tension of the extension is adjustable by placing a screwdriver between the prongs of the extension.

Have you tried spreading the extension apart, see if that helps is snap better? I haven't seen a close up of the 4th gen to see how it compares to my smp, but the tension of the extension is adjustable by placing a screwdriver between the prongs of the extension.

Thanks for the info but yes I have, if you look closely, there are two 'notches' (or whatever they are called) stamped into the divers extension, mine practically doesn't have these notches so it just folds together without locking it...

@ rocket754

I have indeed read the posting on TRC about replacing the clasp on a 3rd gen bracelet, but therey are different from the 4th gen, hence the question.

Wow.. That rep is SWEEEET.

The pearl is the only big give away.. but to the casual looker.. it looks awesome!

I know OEM hands, crowns, and He valves have been fitted to the rep, but has anyone done a dial and/or bezel?

I know OEM hands, crowns, and He valves have been fitted to the rep, but has anyone done a dial and/or bezel?

I purchased the gen hands off of Ofrei. Thiinking about getting the gen dial as well. I would imagine and hope that the gen dial will fit perfectly. I have the gen dial on my Omega SMP and Omega GMT - no problems there.

• 2 months later...

That is not so with my Paul PO (same as this one), it snaps (if you will) and locks into place firmly. I heard this sort of things about the new POs and I suppose I got lucky or you got unlucky