When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

2006 update rep Submariner

Thor

You guys see the new subs at King? The movement looks like the real thing (or pretty close). Getting closer to a perfect replica? I'm not sure where I saw photos of the real movement but that looks a lot closer than the nickle ones that have the rlx logo on them. Very nice stuff, I'm bored with looking at all the generic ETA 25j movements.

Lol,

movement looks good to me...........

Merry Xmas

Tribal

I gotta admit, that's a nice lookin' Sub. I, also, like that nickel movement as well. And is it me, or is the laser etched crown on the crystal a little more inconspicuous on this one too?

Lots of things to like about this one, but one problem is that King is mixing and matching pictures. If you look closely you'll notice that not all the pictures are of the same rep!!! So I'd be a little concerned about which one I'd be receiving.

Are you talking about the model "ROLEX-251-swiss-NEW"?

That's the same old CN Sub with the usual flaws... and the new silver movement. Decent rep though... but nothing special.

I recently got a "2006" Sub with nickel 2836 from Eddie (just don't get a minute to take few decent shots, hope to do it over the holidays :))

Not sure if this is the same model as the one of Ms Wang; I think the combo I got is out now, I wanted the nickeled ETA movement in the '2006' case. Paul has clear indication which model is which, Eddie does not, hence I am not sure we are talking about the same 2006 version, though my Sub looks smashing :)

Some of the pics seem to show a deeper rehaut than others. And if you look at the crystal bevel, in some of the pics it's only partially beveled, while in other pics it's fully beveled to the bezel. There are at least two different watches being displayed there.

I noticed the same thing in a couple of King's Omega galleries too, as I've had my eye on an electric blue Seamaster 300m recently....

i think he means the ROLEX-SUB SS-ROLEX-264-2006 VERSION. it has a red gear in the movement like the 3135. well, kinda red.

This sounds like a Chinese copy movement, red or not cannot be better then an ETA movement, thus the question is what is the motivation for all this? Ebey fraud?

:lolcina:

Ah... the movement looks really nice but the watch is still the same... CN version with tons of problems. If you absolutely need to get the modern Sub... the one that River offers (with deep TW case) is better in almost every aspect.

@By-Tor, did you just give an answer to 'who has the best sub?'

That wasn't so hard now, was it? :whistle:

I'm sure he can't reply because of the horrible pain he now feels.

I didn't realize that this was such a secret. :biggrin:

BTW, I have the same TW Sub from Sean and it is one excellent rep. The "m"s do not line up perfectly but you've have to use magnification to spot that.

Someday, I hope, the CN Subs will use an accurate case. :whistle:

Jet

whats CN stand for, sorry

it starts with ch and rhymes with vagina

What the hell is a Chagina?

what the hey,

THANKS MAN!!! Now I can write the last verse of this song I've been working on...