When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

AP ROO 1:1 Coming Soon

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Been a crazy year for me...in a good way at least. I check in from time to time whe I can.

There sure has been a lot of hype for this AP ROO. I got to admit..I am sort of buying into it cause I want a black themes B)

I am hoping the quality there.

Rocket! How the hell are you. Our BCE is getting ready for a ETA 7750 w/engraved rotor, a gen bezel and a gen bracelet. And of course some chieftang double AR. ;)

Looks like most of the mile high city boys are waiting for this one.

Sub and Ubi..going to have to have a AP ROO meet soon. :p

I'm down! Been a while since we got together for a meet...

R... it's been a very pricey YEAR!!! :huh::doh:

So true... And we're only half way through. Such is the way of this addiction....

depends who the email was from,

i got an email from the secretary to the president of nigeria, telling me about my unrecovered millions,

you dont see me running to the WU office, to pay the 'administrative fees'

This is a fantastic post. Gave me an out-loud laugh.

That said, if true this is what a LOT of people have been waiting a long time for.

depends who the email was from,

i got an email from the secretary to the president of nigeria, telling me about my unrecovered millions,

you dont see me running to the WU office, to pay the 'administrative fees'

I was being vague as I did not wish to advertise for a given site. Usually when a new watch like this is available we hear about it from several sources.

I'm down! Been a while since we got together for a meet...

So true... And we're only half way through. Such is the way of this addiction....

R...haven't seen you in ages. Maybe we can set something up for fall and maybe subzero won't flake out :p :p

@lordrasta...you enjoying the BCE I take it? Got to post up some pics when it's all finished so I can brag about how I used own that and what not B)

I would really be surprised if the new AP ROO ends up being a true 1:1...got to keep my hopes up I guess

Didn't get the email from angus, sent sent him a message.

Does anyone know if they are making different models?...Because I need a Black Themes, a Safari, and a Black Rubberclad...and a Rose Rubberclad... :victory:

Been in the works for a very long time now.. the test of course will be the modification in the movement.. I'm told it's already been proven in the field.... we'll see

I am betting paperweight. Still gotta move the secs 90 degrees... why is it easier up than down?

Moving sub dials is easy.. many genuine watches do it, the IWC ingenieur chrono and anything with a 7753 movement are good examples. The problems is the cheap rep movements used to use unjewelled gears to do it and they wore out in a month or so. The newer seconds at 3 movements have jewelled pivots which will last forever with proper servicing.

Hi guys,

I was told 1 year ago when purchasing my 5th ROO..."Please wait and spend your money on the coming sec@12 ROO!"

I did not wait and now have a bunch of MBW ROO (12 there are), love all of them and would buy 2 more if the dealer can offer NEW dials....AP released tons of LE in the last months...just dial-variations they are. We need some more good dials e.g. the blue dialed themes (with dark blue rubber pusher and crown cover) or do the white dial with stick markers or a proper Rubberclad (with rubber bezel , not PVD!).

This time I will not hold my breath, I will try to wait untill some of our members checked or reviewed these pieces.

lets wait and see...

Theo

I am betting paperweight. Still gotta move the secs 90 degrees... why is it easier up than down?

This is not going to be as easy as the simple 7750-to-7753 rearrangement that we see in most chronometers.

But at least in the AP ROO, the Chrono Hours will not move.

For comparison, in the Daytona_sec@6's all hands have to move around and change places between them.

that's good news definitely...

seems as well that some APO ROO's aro comming out in the FS section as mushrooms after the rain...

I do not beleive that the price will be as somebody said in the 400-500$ range...dealers know we are hungry of these models...and we are showing it right now...they've charged us before insane prices on hot models and new released movements...why do you think thay won't do it now?

I'd be willing to give a 1:1 sec@12 ROO a go and apply the graphite lube mod that has resurrected a few sec@6 reps....

Will you be offering this service to everyone?

Also do gen AP ROO's have AR and will the rep have it?

If so I might as well send it straight to you for both mods right a away..... ;)

I took a chance on 2 Daytonas with sec @ 6 and I am going to take a chance on this one too. I hope this one has a better life span than the tonas. :(

The ROO Safari theme is a must have for my collection and I will have one.

That is a lot of money, and I will have it serviced before I ever wear it and then hope for the best.

I love this watch!