When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Mini-review of "new" BCE batch..

tazzman

I have been in contact with some of the collectors with questions if there will be any new BCE versions out soon, the answer was no - but I got told that many enhancements has been made in the latest batches.

So, I ordered one to check it out.

Here is the quick differences I as a novice can see.

* Updated bracelet with smaller gap at last link.

* Much better Breitling logo + text on the clasp

* Clearer print on backside

* UPDATED DATEWHEEL (I ordered this new BCE to swap to lello-dw, now I might skip it - think this new one is good enough!) - see pictures

* New wider ring around subdials.

* More refined bezel

* Bracelet dont gap between bracelet and watch.

* Better standard AR than before

* Better pearl

* Silver dials ( I got dark dials on my last V2!)

Okey, let the pictures talk.

New DW:

bce_new_datewheel.jpg

Old DW:

bce_old_datewheel.jpg

Gen DW:

breitling-chronomat-evolution-742_MED.jpg

Bracelet difference:

bce_bracelets.jpg

And side by side!

side_by_side_bce.jpg

I am really pleased with this new batch of BCE's.

I may send it to K2222 for even better AR ..

- tazz

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for this comparison. I always wanted to have one of these.

I recall there was yet another "old" version of the BCE, called "Ultimate". How does this compare to that one, in your opinion?

Does this new one have double AR?

Your black and white looks much better than mine. Mine has some areas where the silver rings around the white subdials bleed onto the black face. I may have to pick up one of these. I second the motion to know where this is from? If you do not wish to post, send us a PM!

Wow!

That new datewheel looks much better. Some of the "old2 ones had a datewheel which was close to the standard ETA-font. They were not bad, but this new one looks to be specially made. I think the BCE is a big seller for the replica makers these days..

They have refined the edges of the date window as well! :)

The engravings on the bezel looks to be shallower than on the old one, not sure if I like that.. Not so sure about the pearl either.. But there are some variations on the gens also.

From what I can see, it looks as if the engravings on the caseback is shallower as well?

The "Tacymetre" text is still partly cut off.. I hoped they would improve on that..

The winged B on the clasp looks very different from the old one! The anchor does not have any lifting eye anymore! Have Breitling changed the design?

There has been so many changes on the replica BCE-line. Guess I must update the BCE guide with this latest version. :)

Great comparison, thanks!

I think the BCE is a big seller for the replcia makers these days..

I still remember how much I tried to convince Trusty (and his supplier) to make this replica a few years ago. He wasn't convinced that it would sell at all. :D

That's a great version no doubt! However, it really just looks like they are using the improved datewheel currently in the ultimate super heritage model.

Still, this is a better version and that is the one I would buy if I where to get another one.

Time to reveal your source :p

That's a great version no doubt! However, it really just looks like they are using the improved datewheel currently in the ultimate super heritage model.

Actually, the datewheel in the heritage is vertical, not horizontal. Besides that the Heritage is ETA 2824 and this is a 7750.

I don't get it.....

Your old one is a V1 with AR (different bezel, beveled edge on pusher's buttons etc.) the new is one is a V2 (longer chrono pushers, different bezel etc.) .... but indeed with a really nice DW. But besides that, same ol Same ol ;)

I missed some additional pics that should have been in the first post:

new_bce_batch.jpg

new_bce_batch3jpg.jpg

and the package it arrived in ;)

edited: Not a good idea to post pictures like this

Haha..

A picture with the date number "4" will be up in 10 minutes.. just have to recharge the camera.. ;)

- tazz

I recall there was yet another "old" version of the BCE, called "Ultimate". How does this compare to that one, in your opinion?

Does this new one have double AR?

- This is much better, all the small things you noticed on the older one is now fixed, I am really really pleased. I havent found any flaw yet, but I will keep checking!

- Yes it has double AR, better than the old Ultimate BCE - not much better, but slightly .. not as good as the K2222-version 2 AR though..

From what I can see, it looks as if the engravings on the caseback is shallower as well?

- The plastic is still on the backside, thats why the engraving is not looking deep. I will remove and publish pics together with the "4"-shot in 10 min..

/ -tazz

I don't get it.....

Your old one is a V1 with AR (different bezel, beveled edge on pusher's buttons etc.) the new is one is a V2 (longer chrono pushers, different bezel etc.) .... but indeed with a really nice DW. But besides that, same ol Same ol ;)

If my old one is a V1 i have been fooled by mr. Josh, both should be V2's.

Anyhow, that answer your questions, the new one is also from Josh..

- tazz

One humble request: Is it possible to resize the pics to somewhat reasonable sizes? Irfanview is a great, free and easy utility to resize them quick.

800x is enough and 1024x is HUGE. Now some of the pics are in the 3000x range and it's rather annoying. :)

Otherwise, much appreciated for the review. Good job!

One humble request: Is it possible to resize the pics to somewhat reasonable sizes? Irfanview is a great, free and easy utility to resize them quick.

800x is enough and 1024x is HUGE. Now some of the pics are in the 3000x range and it's rather annoying. :)

Otherwise, much appreciated for the review. Good job!

My bad, all pictures are now resized to around 800*XXX and re-uploaded.. ;)

Looks really good, that DW came stock? It's not a lello dw? It looks phenominal, this new version is definitely a super rep.

Here is my gen for reference

evo19.jpg

and here's "4" on my skyland

marble4.jpg

the new dw looks pretty much identical

I got really suprised when I opened the package today and saw the great DW it was fitted with. So yes it is rep-stock DW, no Lello.

Hmmf.. I have 3 lello DW's arriving next week.. lucky me ;)

Well they will go in my Navi + old white BCE instead + one spare to hang on the wall.

-tazz

Edited by tazzman

tazzman Posted Today, 05:12 PM

QUOTE (Rolexman @ Jun 19 2008, 06:03 PM)

I don't get it.....

Your old one is a V1 with AR (different bezel, beveled edge on pusher's buttons etc.) the new is one is a V2 (longer chrono pushers, different bezel etc.) .... but indeed with a really nice DW. But besides that, same ol Same ol

If my old one is a V1 i have been fooled by mr. Josh, both should be V2's.

Anyhow, that answer your questions, the new one is also from Josh..

- tazz

I wonder if this is an across the board improvement, or just a limited run they are doing?!

The datewheels in the 7750-reps has always been a mystery to me. Why can't they make them correct?

When the SMP Chrono came, I got mine from EL with perfect ETA-datewheel, out of the box. But all the later batches of this rep had the silly Asian 7750 default wheel.

I'm puzzled why they can't produce more of the ETA wheels? Everything else is often repped really well, but then the wrong datewheel ruins it all.