When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Mini-review of "new" BCE batch..

tazzman

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

As said before....this news is gonna cost me more money...:)

And it did, as I just bought the updated BCE Black with white subdials, with the new updated datewheel...!

I think I am gonna sell my Breitling Super Avenger, with correct pearl, beacuse I am not wearing that one at all...

Yes, that is the watch. I guess Josh sold out his supply. Mine is on its way!

You just gotta love EMS :)

Your item was received by sorting center(GUANGZHOU) at 2008-06-24 15:38:00

Timing Site Status

2008-06-24 12:08:00 GUANGZHOU Posting

2008-06-24 14:46:00 GUANGZHOU Despatch from Sorting Center

2008-06-24 15:38:00 GUANGZHOU Arrival at Sorting Center

You just gotta love EMS :)

Your item was received by sorting center(GUANGZHOU) at 2008-06-24 15:38:00

Timing Site Status

2008-06-24 12:08:00 GUANGZHOU Posting

2008-06-24 14:46:00 GUANGZHOU Despatch from Sorting Center

2008-06-24 15:38:00 GUANGZHOU Arrival at Sorting Center

Sometimes its superfast!

Ok, to add to the discussion and after 15 or so emails to Andrew, the version he has is basically the graphite/black model, but with a new datewheel...

the problem i had with this model is that the outer part of the dial is supposed to be black.

(meaning, black outer dial and graphite inner dial with black subdials, NOT full graphite with black subdials.)

He also stated that this is the ONLY model he has and plans on selling... (for now)

Josh, however, has the black/silver model. (which i have been informed is sold out.)

so, the saga continues.

PP

the problem i had with this model is that the outer part of the dial is supposed to be black.

(meaning, black outer dial and graphite inner dial with black subdials, NOT full graphite with black subdials.)

This is not correct. This applies only to the slate grey version. The graphite version has a graphite rehaut.

This is not correct. This applies only to the slate grey version. The graphite version has a graphite rehaut.

after reading the descriptions in the breit site, seems you are correct...

i guess i assumed since the model had "black subdials" that it was the slate model... and honestly, i thought they were the same damn color... lol

Andrews descriptions states that it is a Graphite dial with Black sub dials. the image above clearly shows the ENTIRE dial being "graphite" including the subdials.

after reading the descriptions in the breit site, seems you are correct...

i guess i assumed since the model had "black subdials" that it was the slate model... and honestly, i thought they were the same damn color... lol

Andrews descriptions states that it is a Graphite dial with Black sub dials. the image above clearly shows the ENTIRE dial being "graphite" including the subdials.

OK, looking at Breitling Chronolog 08, page 45 and model "152":

grey (or gray) dial - black Tachy ring, black subs - white "automatic"

model "147":

All graphite - red "automatic"

My new BCE TT arrived today. It is not the new version :-(

Apparently the new DW version only comes in two models and mine ain't one of them. Nice watch but the crappy asian DW has taken away some of the enjoyment somewhat. What's a 'lello' DW and how do I get one?

The LDW was a personal project undertaken by the member "Lello", he sucessfully made a number of DWs featuring the correct Breitling date font.

I read somewhere though, that he stopped making them - for Breitling reps at least...

:(

regarding this NEW updated evo. then case is INCORRECT when compared to V2or gen EVO. the mounting/case for the crystal is TOO low. the bezel mounts to the case, and the inner case protrudes just slightly where the crystal is mounted. on this one the crystal/case part fits flush or just about flush with the bezel.. casing the bezel tabs to be too high but is is also incorrect when compared to the v2 case or genuine EVO. this inner part should be ~1.5mm higher than bezel hieght.

regarding this NEW updated evo. then case is INCORRECT when compared to V2or gen EVO. the mounting/case for the crystal is TOO low. the bezel mounts to the case, and the inner case protrudes just slightly where the crystal is mounted. on this one the crystal/case part fits flush or just about flush with the bezel.. casing the bezel tabs to be too high but is is also incorrect when compared to the v2 case or genuine EVO. this inner part should be ~1.5mm higher than bezel hieght.

well, go figure...

DISCOVERY, did you try to install a gen bezel? is it really that noticeable?

Just got mine in today. Same black dial w/ silver subs. The bezel sits about 1mm below the case mount where the crystal begins, not flush. If you count the angle at which the case rises for the convex crystal, then yeah it's about 1.5mm. Looks good to me.

What doesn't look good is...

Why the hell can't these guys stop using their fingers to touch the hour markers and hands? I've got fingerprint marks on 3 of the hour markers.

Must have been a monday assembly because the bezel markers 30 and 45 were reversed. I didn't catch it at first, but after resizing the bracelet and comparing pics, I was like "what the hell?". No biggie, just unscrew and switch.

They never can seem to get the darn applied wings logo to line up with the letter T in BREITLING, like the gen. This is my third EVO and they have all been off to the right a little. This one fortunately not so much.

Nice smudges on a couple of days on the datewheel. I won't show this watch off on the 1st of the month, it's got speckles.

The dial isn't cut clean around the sub-dials on mine. You can see spotted bleed of the silver subs around the edges.

Okay, so enough nit picking, it's a huge improvement over the last V2 graphite I bought.

This is hands down the best EVO out of the box. The date wheel is FANTASTIC. It looks GEN from up to as close as a 10 inches away before you start to see little questionable details.

I still don't think it looks as perfect as the Baume and Mercier Riviera XXL Black Dial on bracelet that I got. I can wear that one in the daylight with confidence. This EVO, I can't show too close. It'll be my night time watch.

Just got mine in today. Same black dial w/ silver subs. The bezel sits about 1mm below the case mount where the crystal begins, not flush. If you count the angle at which the case rises for the convex crystal, then yeah it's about 1.5mm. Looks good to me.

my white dialed evo from this batch is defin. different. the crystal height to bezel height is TOO CLOSE. crystal edges of the case (the POLISHED ring area) should be 1.5mm higher. on mine it is same.

no i have not fitted a gen bezel... as i CANNOT get this rep bezel off!!!!!! removed the screws, removed the tabs, still NO LUCK, tried masking off the case and prying up will a caseback knife.. NO LUCK this bezel must be pressed on with alot more tightness then any other rep! im gonna have to get a bezel remover and very slowly try and get this off... it went on right! so its gotta come off eventually....

porsche356 had a genuine bezel fitted to his BCE - perhaps he can chime in here on who installed his and how it was done?

Currently I have a V2 BCE Graphite w/ Lello DW and it is pretty much an ultimate rep. I was lucky enough to get a very good example with perfect tabs.

(most tabs I see dont fill the gaps cut out for them in the bezel)

This got up on J's site just a while ago..

shows the new DW ..

4.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

anyhow no pricetag yet and no info.

I just got the "V2-version" , pictures on site are not updated to show new dw-batch..

take care . -tazz

Please give me the link to the site I am buying that one!