When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

ap offshore bad point

Guest nikos1978

You are correct on that one. The gen uses a movement caliber which is smaller than an ETA7750 based thus the position of the date is closer to the center of the dial. Just take for example in another case of Omega PO Chronograph. The date is also closer to the dial.

Correction: The movement on the gen has bigger movement than ETA7750.

You are correct on that one. The gen uses a movement caliber which is smaller than an ETA7750 based thus the position of the date is closer to the center of the dial. Just take for example in another case of Omega PO Chronograph. The date is also closer to the dial.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the Caliber used in the ROOs (2226/2840), its' base movement is based on a JLC 889? Then that makes it slightly larger in diameter than the ETA 7750. Though, obviously both have different date mechanisms.

Now that Richard has pointed out the date position, it will be a glaring fault with me.

Yes... That's correct, Anton. DD on an 889.

Oldtimers to the rep hobby are familiar with this... When a new version comes out of a watch (complete with improvements over it's predecessor), expect some new flaws and faults to accompany (especially with things that may have been right prior).

Just the way the game goes...

yesw but look old asian 7750

the date is in correct position

why now put in in wrong position?????????????????

too close to bezel???????

@nikos

I do belive you have missed to put additional "???????" into your post...

I see that english is not your first language...and I looooooooove the fact how you sent me a PM with a question w/o a "Hi" or something and after getting a reply from my side you didn't bother to send me a tnx...to make this all happen you don't have to know english...just have to know how to be polite...this was the last time I answer a PM to a person I do not know...

I'd never write this what I have just written if you wrote your posts w/o the !!! and ???...it just irritates me

back on topic...

if all the flaws you guys pointed out were to be corrected the price of this one would easilly reach the HBB price...If I could live with the flaws of the MBW EoD, I could live with the flaws you pointed out...

As said many times before, If we want perfection we buy a gen. 1:1 should definately not be used with all these flaws however. I bit the bullet on the white / silver subdials and I will post close ups once I get it. As watch fanatics, only we can spot these flaws. The general public has no clue and most of them have never heard of AP. It is just us being so anal but that is what makes this hobby fun :p

I consider owning the rep as a good "test drive" before we put down the full $13-$20K on the gen. I can only assume that AP doesn't let you 'rent' their watches just to try them on for a couple days.

I mean, after trying on this rep, would one consider buying the gen?

@nikos

I do belive you have missed to put additional "???????" into your post...

I see that english is not your first language...and I looooooooove the fact how you sent me a PM with a question w/o a "Hi" or something and after getting a reply from my side you didn't bother to send me a tnx...to make this all happen you don't have to know english...just have to know how to be polite...this was the last time I answer a PM to a person I do not know...

I'd never write this what I have just written if you wrote your posts w/o the !!! and ???...it just irritates me

back on topic...

if all the flaws you guys pointed out were to be corrected the price of this one would easilly reach the HBB price...If I could live with the flaws of the MBW EoD, I could live with the flaws you pointed out...

gotta agree with ya "BIG TIME" DD .. sorry Nikos .. I "did not" reply to your PM ... if you would have searched the forum you would have found my review.. and others as well.. regarding the question you asked ...I It is not about good or not so good english .. it for me is about the thought and mind set of the question and basic coutesy...

again .. for a long time people have been buying AP's with with incorrect sub dials.. and now that the subs are corrected. well for every action there is a reaction.. basic laws.... with incorrect sub dials the reps got raves..... what's up with that ???? :lol:

I consider owning the rep as a good "test drive" before we put down the full $13-$20K on the gen. I can only assume that AP doesn't let you 'rent' their watches just to try them on for a couple days.

I mean, after trying on this rep, would one consider buying the gen?

I don't really see the need to spend 18K. I treat my MBW ROO as if it were a gen and wear it proudly. The running seconds at 9 on mine has long since become a non-issue, because the build quailty is so very close.

My favorite watch is believe it or not the Rolex Explorer I with Asian mov't. It is an exact rep for $90-$108.

Edited by georgegrasser

also remember theres 2 mm difference the GEn is 44 mm that could be making the difference

regards

Gen is not 44mm

Its 42 or 43 i em unsure i shoud remeber as i was at the ad today :p

The gen deployment clasp is a stunner and the navy version is WOOOOOW.

Lets hope they come whit more version soon :)

Cheers

..........and the navy version is WOOOOOW.

I love the navy version as well...it is my favorite...hopefully they make that one as well....as for the different ROO's there are dozens of them...all the possible colors combinations, limited editions...I bet if the first released models sell well (no doubt about that if the mvt proves to be a reliable one)...we'll see more and more models released...

mmmmm <_< ok i did some research, seems that the size is not known very well, i surf trough and find as many "44 mm" as "42mm" advices so that whats makes me confused, i thoug that the old case (like EoD) was 42, and new ones are 44 mm but seem i