When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Skyland is finally up

bollobandit

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ummm.. I think the different that I spot in the rep compare to the Gen, is the Date is much to the right(the circle is like half circle in the rep), and the subdial in the position 9 i think its abit to the bottom(the gap in the 10 is not equal to the gap in 8)

here is the reference to the Gen skyland from Breitling.com

skylandgenpb8.png

Please correct me if I'm wrong :D

It is a very pretty watch. You have to wonder why anything would be off (the date window certainly is) when both rep and gen use a 7750 movement. Still can't wait to see one though. The ti Chrono Avenger is still one of my favorite watches and this one would be a very nice SS or PVD ( ;) ) compliment.

Overall it looks very good, especially now that they're putting the correct looknig date font in, that really is the finishing touch for a Breitling. I'd rather have the correct datewheel, than a slightly off date window, never going to notice that on the wrist!

Andrew:

That's a sample for shoot. Watch actual is ok. Thanks

------Original Message------

thanks. the new skyland... is that a prototype picture or is the lume

dot @ 3 o clock really cut in half on all watches..??

"That's a sample for shoot. Watch actual is ok. Thanks"

Yeah right, believe it when I see it.

That would make the second in a row to have wrong lume dots.

( Breit. Heritage chrono with extra lume dots at 3 and 9 ).

Sorry not good enough.

Anybody that buys now with these faults , is a real mug.

On RG one of the guys asked Josh about the date window.. supposedly this is a sample and not production. Josh assured him the DW will be correct on the production model. Brilliant news. Will jump on the black/blue for now. Would've liked to see the grey and SS.

Hmm, Andrew has this listed at 44mm, breitling has it at 45mm. That would account for the date window being too outboard.

Beyond that the watch looks awesome. The pearl isn't perfect, too much glass and not enough steel, but really not bad at all.

Just wish I had some cash for this one right now, although I really wanted the ProII, so hopefully I'll be able to afford it by the time its released!

Just pulled the trigger and will up pics when it arrives. I am hoping that the production version doesn't have the half lume dot @ 3 but a smaller full one as per gen..also didn't notice the lume dot @ 12 the gen looks flat while the 'prototype' has a dot in a triangle...EEEEKKKKK!

over all i think it looks great. the fact that they are using specific datewheels for breitling is a great step. the problem

with the lume dot at 3 might be because they are using a smaller case. i dont know for sure, but the dealers are saying

the size is 44mm when it really is 45mm. just a thought.