When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Skyland is finally up

bollobandit

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Docblackrock, your post seemed to be a personal attack on me, at least that is how I read it, but any humour there went straight over my head. I only saw you having a dig at me and my integrity at work etc....

I apologize if I reacted harshly, I must have read your post in a different manner to which you intended it....

Cheers! B)

Fair enough, crossed wires, apology accepted. You've been around here a good while now, so I'd ask, have you ever known me to have a dig at anyone never mind question their integrity? :mellow:

On a lighter note, I think those who held back are going to very happy next week ;)

Thanks andreww. I think we are all now waiting for some shots of the Angus-Skyland.

If I offended anyone, I apologize...

No offense her PZ.

BTW, I have to say that I think Angus' attempt to sabotage J&As sales with nothing but veiled rumors of an "Ultimate" version is very underhanded indeed. He got beaten to the table with this one, and is simply trying to stop the bleeding. If he wanted to post dial or case pics of his version, that would be fine, but to try and convince people to hold off on this long anticipated rep is a slimly move IMO.

No offense her PZ.

BTW, I have to say that I think Angus' attempt to sabotage J&As sales with nothing but veiled rumors of an "Ultimate" version is very underhanded indeed. He got beaten to the table with this one, and is simply trying to stop the bleeding. If he wanted to post dial or case pics of his version, that would be fine, but to try and convince people to hold off on this long anticipated rep is a slimly move IMO.

I take it that J said a bit more than what you have shown us then?! ;)

Thanks for the info, Andreww and everyone else... its nice to make an informed decision

before pulling the trigger.

This Super Rep along with the BCE are surely the best that we Breitling fans have had; and to be

picky about the tiny details is like a slap in the face for all the hard work that the Makers have put into it. I was gonna get the Skyland anyway (even though I have a gen Chrono Avenger), and to be honest, the half lume dot isn't a deal breaker for me, as I know its a rep and I would never expect gen-like performance from it.

EDIT: I have to add - this is still a FUN hobby.... isn't it?!! :D

Edited by Importr

No offense her PZ.

Is this really what this place has descended to these days? <_< Dealer vs. dealer, pick your sides? Let's be straight here, it's hardly a "veiled rumour" from Angus is it? So what he's second the market, there's room for all, some prefer to buy from J&A, others from Angus. Why is it necessary to spew forth this type of post, stirring the pot Pugwash-style? I'm a little surprised and disappointed at this to be honest, we all love the Skyland so let's focus on that and the positives and negatives of the watch, and any comparisons when they arise.

Less politics, more watch-talk I say :)

"Hardly a veiled rumor"?

What do we know about this watch? Nothing! but from Angus' creative writing "from the maker of", "Ultimate", etc, he is giving the impression that his version will be better. He is actually telling people not to buy the current version. IMO, that is just total BS.

This watch may be good, it may not, but Angus has no right to try and sabotage J&As watch sales, when he has absolutely nothing to offer.

"Hardly a veiled rumor"?

What do we know about this watch? Nothing! but from Angus' creative writing "from the maker of", "Ultimate", etc, he is giving the impression that his version will be better. He is actually telling people not to buy the current version. IMO, that is just total BS.

This watch may be good, it may not, but Angus has no right to try and sabotage J&As watch sales, when he has absolutely nothing to offer.

i think the cat conspiracy pictures are getting to you andy

Fair enough, crossed wires, apology accepted. You've been around here a good while now, so I'd ask, have you ever known me to have a dig at anyone never mind question their integrity? :mellow:

On a lighter note, I think those who held back are going to very happy next week ;)

No you are right, I can't say I have seen that of you, very true ^_^

I await the new model with bated breath, then let the disection begin! :p

"Hardly a veiled rumor"?

I find it also strange that Angus is saying 'from the maker of.... bla bla'. Like he owns one factory and J&A own the other one. Fact is that J&A also sell UBCEs, UHBB etc. so they have access to the same maker(s). No advantage or USP for Angus IMO. As soon as a supposedly 2nd version is out J&A will also offer it, no doubt.

Maye we can order 'a whole lume dot' from the V2 as a upgrade LOL

I think that the exclusivity is what dealers want (or don't want). The EOD which was exclusive to one, is now brought out by others. The Skyland is exclusive right now and has to be brought out by another dealer to tap in on the sales while it is hot. Whoever gets to market first makes the bread during the initial buzz. Those that are slow to arrive get the crumbs.

Edited by alanytical

"Hardly a veiled rumor"?

looks good to me:

BRE-SKY-SS-BLK-LS-01.JPG