When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Breitling Skyland Grey Dial on Steel Updated 8/03

BREITLING SKYLAND ON STEEL - GRAPHITE DIAL

GROUP PIC - BLACKBIRD, SKYLAND AND SOSF

skylandgraphite002fk3.jpg

skylandgraphite006ih0.jpg

THE GENUINE

macroed9.jpg

THE REPLICATION the sub dial @6 did reset.. I failed to do it before taking the pics..

skylandgraphite022ia7.jpg

SIDE BY--- The sub rings are as the genuine.. I missed the sunset coming through the window by several minutes.. but managed to cach it a little on the lume shot,.. the genuine is taken with natural light and it catches the sub rings nicely.. if I had angled the piece a little more it would replicate the genuines sub rings

macrobm8.jpgsubringsfg8.jpgskylandgraphite037pc6.jpg

Pretty Clean ... there are some areas that are "rough" in detail ie. the black powder (looking) coat at the base of the hands .. but you cannot see it with the naked eye

skylandgraphite009ry7.jpg

THE FONT... is very clean..

skylandgraphite005zz3.jpg

skylandgraphite007vn6.jpg

skylandgraphite008sm5.jpg

skylandgraphite013ff5.jpg

THE CROWN... and the pushers are very detailed and clean... "Feels Good".. and very nice fit .. one feature that's way cool.. touch the pusher @2, (after you have started the chrono hand)... and you stop the chrono hand .. release the pusher and the hand continues ..

skylandgraphite017yo9.jpg

skylandgraphite020yu0.jpg

skylandgraphite019qs2.jpg

THE PEARL... GOOD JOB !

it needs a little cleaning..the glue...

skylandgraphite026ma9.jpg

skylandgraphite025nv1.jpg

THE TABS

The finish looks rough but that is thanks to the Macro Lens .. it looks good without the magnification .. I thought the open 4 was a bit off but after viewing UB7's genuine it appears spot on..

skyland2020hr6.jpgskyland2018jg9.jpg18oi5.jpg

skyland2001ip9.jpg

CASE BACK

skyland2010di4.jpg

skyland2009pu6.jpg skyland2012ud5.jpg skyland2013mr3.jpg

skyland2008lk9.jpg

The Rotor is plain with no engraving.. and is necely very quiet and smooth I maight add when rotating...

skyland2006iu6.jpg

LUME COMPARISON .. Guess who lumed the Blackbird ... ya have to compare it to the best !! So not to bad compared to Z's.. but then again there is never a equal is there ?

skylandgraphite037kv4.jpg

ENGRAVING.. deeper than previous reps .. one tip on the bracelet .. these links can get rather sticky and to get it "like silk" .. I use the new "Silicone Lubricants".. about 12.00 usd a can.. at Napa ..etc. but it is not greasy so no dust collecting it works great on the Rolex links and keeps the corrosion from setting in with the sweat from your wrist... be sure to check ALL screws when you first recieve your rep.. I alway's find at least one screw very loose and ready to fall out, usually close to the clasp.. which btw.. will need work (some filing in the catch) .. it is the weak link in this model..

skylandgraphite027od0.jpg

img0377ha1.jpg

Marco Wrist S---

skylandgraphite030ay6.jpg

skylandgraphite032ld3.jpg

DIVERS

skyland2026tp5.jpg

skyland2025nz1.jpg

skyland2022wx5.jpg

After being "sold" on the divers .. today the SS is looking good again B) ... things

"Change" from day to day...

I hope you enjoyed the views and you can make your choice.. black... graphite... or blue..

Aloha~Cheers

Lani

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks fantastic. My favorite is the group shot. The Skyland looks right at home.

One question would you say the polish on the band and case too be "too much"? Compared to say a BCE?

It really depends on "your" preference... the band needs a dremel "fix" .. too many scratches from the factory.. (for me) .. inevitable a quick buffing will cure it..

But I think what your getting at is that the bracelet gives it a whole new look .. conversely the rubber or even a leather strap "calms" it down a bit .. IMO..

cdzsmith Posted Today, 07:33 PM

Very nice, thanks for sharing. I'm waiting on mine to arrive now.

I thought the lume dots on the rep were way too... pronounced, but in the pics they look pretty good (other than not being centered). Am I seeing straight?

the lume at the 3 on my rep must have been done on a Monday or Friday .. the worst day's for factory workers.. :rolleyes: I odn't think this will be a habitual happening... it's ok with me regardless.

It really depends on "your" preference... the band needs a dremel "fix" .. too many scratches from the factory.. (for me) .. inevitable a quick buffing will cure it..

But I think what your getting at is that the bracelet gives it a whole new look .. conversely the rubber or even a leather strap "calms" it down a bit .. IMO..

Yes that is excatly what i was referring to, just couldn't explain it properly. i will be left with no choice but to buy the rubber strap for the days I don't want to be soo flashy.

Thanks again, oh and the last pics you added are superb!

Yes that is excatly what i was referring to, just couldn't explain it properly. i will be left with no choice but to buy the rubber strap for the days I don't want to be soo flashy.

Thanks again, oh and the last pics you added are superb!

Thank you Rxus !!!! :)

Guest SliceMaster

OK after seeing this thread I will never ever post a picture here again, your pics are amazing and mine never turn out more than mediocer so thx for killing my little confidence mate :D:D:D

Lani-

Awesome pictures and your usual excellent job. The bezel pearl looks great. How is the bezel mechanism - too much play or does it settle in securely into the various "clicks"?

First thanks you all for the kind words... yes the bezel is very well done as I failed to mention.. the clicks are precise and seats very well .. no problem with it at all .. actually I need to find out how to remove it for a project I am going to under take. ....(?)

ryaku Posted Today, 12:30 AM

Excellent pics....unbelievable how much you improved your skills.

Thanks for sharing

My question is... does it wear bigger than the blackbird? It seems huge , very very thick

Thank you ryaku ... and no it doesn't wear big at all less so with the rubber strap but with the bracelet.. the BB wears bigger IMO..

I need to learn photoshop though if I want to take the images to the next level .. digital enhancement could do a world of good...

Edit add: it is thicker than the BB.. but with this said it seems very well balanced.. as far as the center of gravity.. so it does not feel "clumsy"

Thanks for sharing Lani. :1a:

Great macro photos !!!

Edit: a photo from the case back would be great to see

Thank you Stephane.. yes, as I noted it will be continued... I had to sleep a few hours and I'm out the door so the case back and open rotor will follow.. this weekend... :)

Thank you Rikske... :D

Lanikai,

Great photos! They have improved a lot since your first "watch next to a keyboard" pictures! :)

How do you compare the wrist appearance of the Skyland on a strap to the Ultimate Planet Ocean 45,5 on a bracelet?

I cannot try it out here locally soon enough so I have to bother you guys :/

thank you pz... i cannot compare it fairly.. IMO two different animals .. the only thing I can state is the PO 45 will ride lower as the skyland is much thicker but well balanced .. the skyland on a strap will wear with better balance than the bracelet whereas the PO on bracelet is still rather large unless you have Bytors or Portr wrist size..

I hope to keep improving at this whole hobby.. thank you again

gotta go.. have a great weekend All !!!!

That is really a nice watch you have there Lan. The V2 Skyland is certainly a winner, and I have a feeling that we will be crowning it the "Rep of the Year" in a few months. I cant wait for one of these, but it looks like its going to be a while :(