When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Breitling Skyland Grey Dial on Steel Updated 8/03

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you lani for your generous contribution. The vast number of pictures must have taken some time to shoot and post. I appreciate that very much. Until recently, I would have not stopped to glance in an AD window at a Breitling but this watch has a real hold on me.

Looking forward to the raffle.

Awesome photos - awesome rep !! Congrats Lani - an excellent comparison review. :1a:

I have the grey dialled version on order and I really can't wait for it to get here now !! :bleh:

Hi Lani,

Really great, great pictures, look much better than in the dealer's sites. The graphite dial is the best I think, probably will be my choice (to join the SOSF, BB and BCE). This rep is a must to all breitling fans. My only concern is the weight. Wonder how it will be with the rubber strap.

Congrats Lani and wear it well.

thank you very Much Gang !! .. I appreciate the kind words !!

I have more pics of the tabs; case back etc. to post here tomorrow... .. but i posted a seperate pictorial on the divers strap... better balance and weight for me .. (the divers)

check here >>> http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=79178

Aloha~Cheers

R

Nice trio. Isn't it fun to have a different color dial for whatever mood may strike you and yet have them all in the same family. Sports watches are just so fun. So similar yet incredibly different at the same time. I guess one might say you have got your wings Lani. I think I'm going to have to grab a Skyland myself now, but I think I'll opt for the black dial myself to compliment my blue dialed Fish similar to yours...

Edited by RobbieG

Great pics. This is definately one of my favorite reps. The crown and pusher construction is perfect (as can be seen in my Skyland hybrid post). That's why it passed the 10 bar WP test ;) ... Atlantic Ocean here I come :D

Wonderful endorsement from THE Breitling guy, imho... ;)

Lani, you've got a sweet, sweet pictorial there too! :wub:

Nice picks, just make sure that you do not take the bracelet off, the number "4916 B5" beetwen lugs, could tell that iyour watch is a replica watch. THIS NUMBER TELLS THE WEEK AND THE YEAR OF THE WATCH PRODUCTION. in this case it would be 49th week of 2016 or 49th week of 1916 ???? Breitling started puting the date cirka 2002.

Nice picks, just make sure that you do not take the bracelet off, the number "4916 B5" beetwen lugs, could tell that iyour watch is a replica watch. THIS NUMBER TELLS THE WEEK AND THE YEAR OF THE WATCH PRODUCTION. in this case it would be 49th week of 2016 or 49th week of 1916 ???? Breitling started puting the date cirka 2002.

As funny as that is, I doubt 99.9% of the common population and 90% of those "in the biz" would care to look at such a detail, much less have any knowledge about the meaning of those numbers.

Lani you gave me no choice

I had to order a Skyland but on black dial..Now all I can do is sit back and wait.

BTW those new added pics are sweet, can't wait for the leather shots.

I think sometime down theroad I'll probably end up with the black dial also :D .. hopeless :p

I was going to take pics today of the leather and HK Tan Gator... but the Swordfish is in and I think that will take up most of my day .. but I will get the other srtaps up soonest ...

Thanks for this great pic for the size comparaison....I have the Blue SFSO and the BB and I like the size and the grey dial of this Skyland... :p

thank you Yannou.. the Skyland does seem to have the dimensions for better balance .. at least this is my take on the timepiece.. although it is thicker than bothe the SOSF or the BB.. it is not top heavy at all.... it would seem to have a lower center of gravity..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Man...don't know how I missed this post before. I think it's because I wasn't as keen on this watch then as I am now. These are some sick macro pics man...great job. You are so down with macro now it ain't funny. Great job.

Thanks T .. :)

I like taking the Macro's .. if I ever get ambitious enough to get into Photoshop.. it would improve the Quality by a lot..

btw.. the rubber stap is the most comfortable (imo).. the straps give the Breitling Skyland a nice feel and fit on your wrist.. not top heavy like the bracelet wears .. but then again the bracelet adds flash to the piece.. it is really versitale that way.. it can go with anything..

I like taking the Macro's .. if I ever get ambitious enough to get into Photoshop.. it would improve the Quality by a lot..

btw.. the rubber stap is the most comfortable (imo).. the straps give the Breitling Skyland a nice feel and fit on your wrist.. not top heavy like the bracelet wears .. but then again the bracelet adds flash to the piece.. it is really versitale that way.. it can go with anything..

...not much to improve on the pics...stay in the gym, don't waste time on the computer like me. :D

The Skyland is quite versatile that's for sure. I've been flopping heavily between the Skyland and By-Tor's Ebel...and think the Skyland might be more versatile so I"m leaning that way. The Discovery though awesome...is definitely more of a classier piece no matter what strap/bracelet you put on.

Did you get the rep Ocean Racer deployment as well?

...not much to improve on the pics...stay in the gym, don't waste time on the computer like me. :D

The Skyland is quite versatile that's for sure. I've been flopping heavily between the Skyland and By-Tor's Ebel...and think the Skyland might be more versatile so I"m leaning that way. The Discovery though awesome...is definitely more of a classier piece no matter what strap/bracelet you put on.

Did you get the rep Ocean Racer deployment as well?

the Ebel is very good looking and quite heavy ... The Ocean Racer deployment is a very .. very well done strap.. it fits nicely and the deployment is da bomb !!.. I love the Heritage that much more now that I have the divers strap.. One of the crystals from the Heritage is with Cheif being Ar'd