When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Graham Black KNIGHT - Pictorial Summary

Graham Diver ..... BLACK KNIGHT

I am a little confused by the diameter.. it measures 46 mm form the 9 to the 3 without the crown.. so this must be the measurement of the Genuine.. I really wish the genuine brands would make up their minds on how to measure their timepieces..

Movement is a A7750.. the Genuine Movement is an "IN HOUSE by Graham".... the rotor on the A7750 is very quiet, the makers really improved on this note this year..... and the feel of the crown revolutions is very smooth and tight...the Gears feel like there would be no problems.. (knock on wood)

the Pushers act the opposite of normally.. the 8 starts and stops the chrono needle and the 10 resets it

The sub dial @3 is Outrageous !!.. it duals as a running seconds and the hour counter.. and they both are "working".. COOL !!!

Double AR is like the Chrono Fighter.. no different..

The overall finish is first rate !!! from the brushed finish on the bezel (kruzer for U) to the PVD'd screws.. and the engraving on the crown is sharp.. The pushers are one of the better if not the best out of the replications this year.,. the maker used first rate material on this piece !!

The Lume will need charging when I took the lume shot it was not charged.. it is now very bright .. in daylight after being in the light for several hours now..

grahamblackknight003mu6.jpg

THE GENUINE......................................................THE REPLICATION

swasbb20ak06bbigtb1.jpggrahamblackknight027gt8.jpg

Chrono Fighter - Black Knight

grahamblackknight002qh7.jpg

The Dial (over view)

grahamblackknight018ik7.jpg

THE DIAL Broken Down

Sword Hands...

handsse2.jpg handsgn4.jpg

Sub Dials Minutes @ 9 & Hours and running seconds @ 3 Respectively, because of the double crystal because of the sub dial I guess you could say the subs have a slight magnification.. very, slight

grahamblackknight015fz7.jpg

What a Cool Replication.. the running seconds and the Chrono hour counter on the same sub dial..

grahamblackknight017lj6.jpg

Markers

the Lume is layed down on a yellow base .. the Lume itself is a yellow green colour .. giving the marker a raised two tone apperance.. the Lume is also very glossy..

markergi8.jpg grahamblackknight046oe3.jpg

A view of the numerals at the 11; 12 and 5 minute markers.. crisp.. clean..12mk7.jpg

THE CASE

Sub Dial Cut Outs

grahamblackknight007xo7.jpg

grahamblackknight009oh0.jpg

Engraved Crown .. Nicely done..

grahamblackknight022pt4.jpg

Nice machining on the thread

crownpushersqg8.jpg

Crown and Pushers.. the pusher @8 starts the needle.. the pusher @10 resests..

grahamblackknight025pv4.jpg

grahamblackknight026bv2.jpg

Sub dial "eyes" have no apparent seams or glue showing.. NICEgrahamblackknight020ht9.jpg

THE LUME

It will get better with "charging" it has since I took this 1 sec shutter speed pic..

grahamblackknight052ja6.jpg

CASE BACK

grahamblackknight032ob1.jpg

THE REST>>> :rolleyes:

grahamblackknight038jd9.jpg

The Strap.. very good .. the texture I would put just below the CD's a little less stiff.. btw.. I am posting this fact because I know kruzer will ask if I don't.. and the bezel clicks are "solid" W

grahamblackknight040hb6.jpg

Macro Wrist S......

grahamblackknight049xm9.jpg

grahamblackknight047gf0.jpg

grahamblackknight048uv1.jpg

In conclusion.. the Black Knight will not disapoint !! .. no major problems.. the dust on the dial and hands will be dealt with.. I have enough radico to last . :rolleyes: . and btw.. it wears very comfortably... not like the size would dictate.

Quality is First Class .. as the Chrono fighter is.... I hope you have enjoyed the pictorial... the quality of pics are poor.. I have developed ...PICTORIALITIS ... NEED A BREAK FROM THE SHUTTER.. :shock:

Aloha~Cheers

R

awesome lani!~!! i will be picking mine up tomorrow morning and you just made my night. very nice pics

and review.

by the way...i think its called the "black knight"....not ice. ;)

thanks .. yes BK... changed it 3 times back and fourth... pictorialed out. !!! :bangin:

Which versio is better to get, the one with the yellow markers or the one with the orange markers in terms of accuracy of the rep?

I am thinking about getting this one from Andrew in the next few days, but I am still undecided between the colors.

Wow, that is one seriously cool watch! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

First I really wanted a Swordfish, but I held off because I'm not sure I'd have the balls to go out wearing one - due respect to Lani though, you must have answered many a question from strangers by now - and then when I saw pics of this on the dealer sites I thought, no, that won't look good in the flesh - bad PVD finish, poor dial/markers etc. - but I reckon this is the one to have. The stealth finish combined with the Victorian engineering look is just very cool - very "League of Extraordinary Gentlemen"

Hmmm, now where did I put that black cape.....

Wow, that is one seriously cool watch! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

First I really wanted a Swordfish, but I held off because I'm not sure I'd have the balls to go out wearing one - due respect to Lani though, you must have answered many a question from strangers by now - and then when I saw pics of this on the dealer sites I thought, no, that won't look good in the flesh - bad PVD finish, poor dial/markers etc. - but I reckon this is the one to have. The stealth finish combined with the Victorian engineering look is just very cool - very "League of Extraordinary Gentlemen"

Hmmm, now where did I put that black cape.....

Sorry, but i really did not get your point here...

Thanks for the pics Lani, the watch looks first rate! Are you going to be having this one serviced? Reason I ask is I'm interested in what complication they've used to merge the minutes/hour counter onto the running seconds and weather or not its long term reliability will be a concern. It does look great though, really liking the look of the Black Knight Orange. 8)

• 2 months later...

Awesome review Lanikai!! Graham is the best out of the box. Only one thing the movement in a genuine is Eta 7750 with a module added, in the rep is a clone 7750 with a module added.

In Chronofighter is this, Eta 7750 + module on front Graham 1722 :

gr07aw2.jpg

In rep the clone module added to A7750 is very close:

appunti07wv7.jpg