When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Skyland Blacksteel / PVD is out

Samurai

Quite. I admit I'm disappointed to be proved right about them just using a pic and not even attempting the Ti-N-C process nor sourcing a gen to colour-match, but I'm quietly confident the V2 version will be much better.

i em almost 100% sure it will also be pvd.

so again no reason to get, if nobody gets them they will understand that they need to use the blacksteel process.

Cheers

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm guess I'll wait to see what someone thinks when they actually get it but based on the pictures I won't be getting one. Looks to be much darker than the gen and PVD'ing it is not the right way to do this one. Guess if don't sell they will either redo them or just not make them at all.

So will you be welching on that bet Jake? Or shifting the goalposts and bleating about seeing the watch in person? :)

I think we've put that issue to bed now hopefully.

Doc - stop and think just a little bit man... What have I been saying? For ME the watch isn't out till it is out (some one has actually seen it)

What appears to be going on, from MY point of view is that you made some claims about the poor quality of a watch that had not been released yet. Now you have painted your self into a corner and still, before anyone has actually seen the watch, based on pictures that may or may not accurately represent the watch yet to be released, you have some how proclaimed your ability to predict the future.

Like I said before - when someone actually has seen the watch let me know. Until then, I stand by my bet - I doubt the original picture posted of the watch will accurately represent the final watch produced.

What's wrong with waiting until someone has the watch in hand before we start tearing it apart?

Get over it doc- you'll have your day to say "I told you so" - or maybe you won't...

I am hoping you won't, not becuase I have some ego driven desire to be right - but becuase I am hoping for a good watch...

What's your motive for proclaiming the watch DOA before you have actually seen the watch? Could it be you ego is over riding your common sense? All I am saying is...

Edited by jake48

Like I said before - when someone actually has seen the watch let me know. Until then, I stand by my bet - I doubt the original picture posted of the watch will accurately represent the final watch produced.

What's wrong with waiting until someone has the watch in hand before we start tearing it apart?

Ha? Wha? Are you saying you think the watch someone receives will be better then the pictures they are using to sell the watch... and the finish will be "better" then they are advertising. This is exactly what everyone said it was - a pvd v1, you can wish upon a star but your not going to receive a blacksteel v2 if you order this (not saying that there will ever be a real blacksteel rep) and the half lume dot @3 is going to be half...

For months Josh had been bragging about his 1 to 1 Skyland that he had purchased a gen for. Obviously, this would be a "cartel only" watch, correct? So, Josh released the V1 first, and we all assumed that it was the results of Josh's 1 to 1 project. But, the version II is released by PT (supposedly a cartel member), and Josh quickly posts that watch as well. Which watch is actually Josh's? Again, we would assume that Josh's watch would be for the cartel only, so why is Silix unloading the V1 for $200, significantly less than Josh? If the V1 was Josh's project, this really doesn't make much sense. It makes more sense that the V2, which is still only available from cartel dealers, is in fact Josh's project. Now, privately, people in high places have told me both sides of the story, so I'm still as confused as I ever was.

What do you think?

Wow,Andrew,didn't think that you thought this way....

The Skyland Josh bought?,he didn't buy the watch.... :rolleyes:

Why did Josh put up the model from the second maker?,the first maker came out first,Josh was first to put it up...he sells everything,nothing new..second makers version came out,he put it up,Angus didn't have access to the V1,thats why he started 'pre orders' on the V2,while the V1 was selling from other dealers,he was pis sed off....

Why does Josh charge more then Silix?,LMAO...won't even touch that one..... :bangin:

Edited by Dave123

Not speculating on anything more than which watch is the one Josh had been talking about Dave. In PMs to me he indicated that he had purchased a gen for this project and that it was commissioned by him and Andrew. As he now has two Skylands on his site, I am simply wondering which was his project? As everybody assumes it was the V1 (which makes sense), then why does Silix have it? We know that "Josh commissioned" watches rarely are available to other dealers, at least not for some time. Logically it would make more sense that the V2 is Josh's project watch, as it is still only available through cartel dealers, as far as I know.

No slight to Josh or anyone else Dave, just curiosity on my part :)

If the V1 Skyland was Josh's project, it would make a lot of sense, and be in his best interest, to let other dealers sell it. After all it is not the best version and it clearly needs all possible outlets of sale, to help shift the stock...

However imagine if the V1 Skyland had been absolutely 100% perfect and the best version, I think it would be safe to assume in that instance it would not have been available for other dealers to sell, at least for a while anyway....

Cheers! B)

Not speculating on anything more than which watch is the one Josh had been talking about Dave. In PMs to me he indicated that he had purchased a gen for this project and that it was commissioned by him and Andrew. As he now has two Skylands on his site, I am simply wondering which was his project? As everybody assumes it was the V1 (which makes sense), then why does Silix have it? We know that "Josh commissioned" watches rarely are available to other dealers, at least not for some time. Logically it would make more sense that the V2 is Josh's project watch, as it is still only available through cartel dealers, as far as I know.

No slight to Josh or anyone else Dave, just curiosity on my part :)

I don't think any was his project,he just usually is the first out with all models,the guy is pretty huge in this game as you know,so the makers release to him first (usually)....he had the V2 ready to ship the same time Angus did,he just wasn't releasing it and taking 'preorders' like Angus was,Josh lists the watch on his site,with price,when its actually ready to ship...a good policy.

The V2 is available outside the 'cartel',Sead over at RG has been selling them,but he likely is supplied by Josh anyway,wouldn't surprise me....

The sliver subdial rings kill this one for me. I would have not minded the pvd as a fantasy watch but the silver rings clash with the design.

These guys never get it.

While most of us are in this for the love of watches and the small details the chinese makers once again emphasize the fact they are in it for the status symbol. If they really love the details or could appreciate them half these flaws would never pop up.

I think they are all Full of [censored] - and they all hate each other so- take everything they say with a grain of salt :)

Thats what I figure as well. These guys always say they bought a gen and completely took it apart. Then why don't they rep the pieces exactly to the Gen? Both the Skyland and the CA have press fit bezels, and the fastening screws do nothing. They will not accommodate a gen bezel. It would be nice if they could do the whole thing properly.

I think they are all Full of [censored] - and they all hate each other so- take everything they say with a grain of salt :)

Exactly, and lets not forget Josh is not exactly the pillar of truth. Where is everyones dials and bracelets? Supposedly the dial wont fit, but I think carlsbadrolex can confirm thats not the case.

I think they both versions have plus and minuses which is why I'm going to pick up a V1 in the group buy for $167 to compliment the V2 I already have. But I wouldn't touch the pvd for $100 more.

Edited by supermanx

i still think there is another version in the making here...

i think they learned their lesson from the previous release of V1... immediately putting out V2 probably made them lose out on selling a lot of V1's...

and guys like Silix are now offering only the V1 ONLY so that they can liquidate stock...

they may take their time on this one... but if this the end all, be all of the black steel model... this guy ain't getting' one!

i still think there is another version in the making here...

i think they learned their lesson from the previous release of V1... immediately putting out V2 probably made them lose out on selling a lot of V1's...

and guys like Silix are now offering only the V1 ONLY so that they can liquidate stock...

they may take their time on this one... but if this the end all, be all of the black steel model... this guy ain't getting' one!

V1 and V2....different makers,thats all....some makers will sell to some dealers and not others,and so forth,certain customers,certain product.....the chinese....thats business.

Its no conspiracy,though forum drama can lead you to think that,silly stuff,and unfortunate.