When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is Jakub away?

scotty

It's worth it guys. Even if you just get an explanitian and Jakob gets a bit of a shock. Prob thinks he has no hope of being found. Too many times this sort of thing is forgoten. If it were me down a grand or so I would not be giving up easily even if it cost me money. Under the circumstances I think you are quite entiteled to hand over what info you have. If you have his mums phone number it should be an easy trail for a compenent PI to follow from there.

Col.

OKAY, altough i got my watch back already, but still he has a saffire crystal of mine, I'm willing to pay 20usd for the P.I.

WHO'S NEXT?

cheers,

J.

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not even affected - h*ll - I even haven't recieved my first rep yet - but I have read parts of this thread - and I'm willing to contribute with a couple of bucks if that helps in finding this person. I really feel bad hearing about a thing like this. Put me down for $ 10 if any action is decided upon. No one should get away with this - and it might also serve as a warning to others - Scammers will be found.

Well....

Some 39 people were affected, of which 11 got something returned (as at 14/11). No posts of any other returns since. Not sure how many RG specific members are also missing something.

And the only indications of interest and support come from 1 member who got his stuff back, and 1 who wasn't even affected.

This really is a great community. I've always been amazed by some of the support and help I've seen. But i'm a little dismayed at the lack of interest here from the other 27 people (mb1 excluded as he's resigned to leaving the situation as is).

The Finepics fiasco a while back resulted in notably much more activity and attempts to contact him by various members. It was resolved in the end.

I'd asked here before for advice over aproaching the PI in Warsaw or not. I've never done this before and don't really know the do's and don'ts. Nothing...

So - I'll contact them and provide the basics of what's happened, without including any reference to members names or this (or other) forums.

The Pi said that any enquiries were in confidence, and that no information provided would be disclosed to any third parties. So I have to assume there's no form of risk in providing the basics and asking for a quote to locate J, determine the status of our property, and if still there a first idea over how to return.

If anyone's against this, please let me know this AM - I'll be logging on at times. Otherwise I'll go ahead and follow-up with any details I get.

Scotty

Hi all.

Well we have $60 here plus whatever I contribute.

The bad news is that the PI agency has quoted 1,500 Euros for a first report - whatever that turns out to be.

No compromise over locating Jakub, and no indication of what they're prepared to do ie.. actually make contact with him over our property.

The cost here seems much higher than I'd anticipated.

Seeing the lack of interest now from those affected, I doubt we'll generate the support to use an agency.

So unless we find a Polish speaker willing to help, do a few phone calls, or even better someone else in Warsaw or the area, I think we've no chance of anything else happening.

Looks like J has gotten away with it......

Personally - since I see so few others seem really bothered now - I'm hanging up on this thread and things in the background.

Hi all.

Well we have $60 here plus whatever I contribute.

The bad news is that the PI agency has quoted 1,500 Euros for a first report - whatever that turns out to be.

No compromise over locating Jakub, and no indication of what they're prepared to do ie.. actually make contact with him over our property.

The cost here seems much higher than I'd anticipated.

Seeing the lack of interest now from those affected, I doubt we'll generate the support to use an agency.

So unless we find a Polish speaker willing to help, do a few phone calls, or even better someone else in Warsaw or the area, I think we've no chance of anything else happening.

Looks like J has gotten away with it......

Personally - since I see so few others seem really bothered now - I'm hanging up on this thread and things in the background.

@Scotty: I applaud you for your dogged determination ! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Unfortunately, I tend to agree with mb1 that our watches have probably been sold on by now :g: It would have been great to give Jakub a "wake up call" (via a PI or other means) but the cost seems to be prohibitive (I would have gladly stumped up $20 towards the effort). I think we have probably come to the end of the road in this sorry, cautionery tale and I am now resigned to the fact that I am $200 out of pocket and will never see my Tag Link Chrono again. The worst part is that it was a brand new watch and I sent it straight to J for AR - I never even got to wear it !!!! :wounded1:

Strange..

Since a long time now , no Polish or Polish speaking members anymore on this forum that could/would contact Jakub and eventually shed some light on this "mistery" ... very strange..

Jakub got my first rep and it vanished... And with it.. vanished my trust in this fascinating , but unreliable rep world.....

I hope that someone, sometime, will explain what has really happened in the case of this "Great Jacub Theft...".

Until then, no reps for me anymore.....I''m very dissapointed. ... Fake world, Fake people..

I simply don't trust it anymore....

I'll stick to the genuine, real stuff.. much, much more reliable....

Sad Greetings,

Lewis.

Strange..

Since a long time now , no Polish or Polish speaking members anymore on this forum that could/would contact Jakub and eventually shed some light on this "mistery" ... very strange..

Jakub got my first rep and it vanished... And with it.. vanished my trust in this fascinating , but unreliable rep world.....

I hope that someone, sometime, will explain what has really happened in the case of this "Great Jacub Theft...".

Until then, no reps for me anymore.....I''m very dissapointed. ... Fake world, Fake people..

I simply don't trust it anymore....

I'll stick to the genuine, real stuff.. much, much more reliable....

Sad Greetings,

Lewis.

Lewis

I'm very sad that you feel this way :( Please don't think that this is "the norm" in rep collecting! I have been collecting reps and involved with RWG since 2006 and I have had no watches "disappear", apart from one (thanks to Jakub). I also had 4 watches successfully AR'd by Jakub and the results were spectacular! As you've read, something went seriously wrong with Jakub but rep collecting moves on...

Yes, it IS a risky business but if you're prepared and do plenty of research, it can be fairly safe and (a lot) cheaper than buying gens ! Just think how many high quality reps you can own for the price of ONE gen ! B)

Not looking to keep the thread going, but I got an update from the PI agency.

I'd suggested their fee was way too high. They've come back reducing it to 1000Euros for the first stage.

They've also clarified that if they locate J, included in this is contacting personally and demanding all the pending items not returned. No assurance thereafter - depends on what they find.

I'm just posting for info.

If the 27 people pending returns were still interested, this would mean 37 Euros each.

I reckon a bit more could be shaved off...if I could get them down to 800 euros that would mean 30 euros each approx.

Been reading this, do we actually think that the watches are still in his posession ?

This is a tale of woe indeed, x-fingers he can be traced and all get their items back - if you get a PI what legalities does he have on getting the items back ? Think this needs a bit more of a balacava, wooden stick process.

Don't understand why this has gone on so long ? well my thoughts anyway.

Peace

:)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Bluerex - read back in the thread and you'll see the statuses.

In summary - only 11 of 39 people affected in RWG (there are others in RG) got stuff back.

Last return was mid November and since then nothing (that's been published).

Member interest in recovering their watches or contacting Jakub by whatever means, has simply died.

I started this thread, but having seen the decline in interest months ago, have stopped posting.

I still call Jakub's numbers and send an e.mail every so often in the hope that he'll pick up, but I'd say we've been well stuffed.

He got away with a lot of items with a high overall value.

Well done J......

Bluerex - read back in the thread and you'll see the statuses.

In summary - only 11 of 39 people affected in RWG (there are others in RG) got stuff back.

Last return was mid November and since then nothing (that's been published).

Member interest in recovering their watches or contacting Jakub by whatever means, has simply died.

I started this thread, but having seen the decline in interest months ago, have stopped posting.

I still call Jakub's numbers and send an e.mail every so often in the hope that he'll pick up, but I'd say we've been well stuffed.

He got away with a lot of items with a high overall value.

Well done J......

Thanks dor the update, scotty. Apologies for not reading the other posts prior to posting.