When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

By-Tor's All-Star Team UPDATED: JANUARY 2009

By-Tor

Yep Steph is right BT, i see a sub in ure near future ;)

Personally im not to keen on the modern sub and am waiting for the Lug hole / non engraved rehaut case to be available from Eurotimez. (Tribal hows the review coming :) ), to dive into a 16800 transitional sub project. Show stopped will for sure be a 16800 vintage matt dial but ill cross that bridge when i get to it ;)

Ou yes and my collection now moved from 7 to 8 pieces ;)

Laz

Rolex, Omega and Breitling seem the perfect balance. I think your choices will make happy any collector. I personally would drop the Ebel and Fish and I'd ad the IWC Ingenieur and the classic Breitling TT Chronomat with a blue bezel.

Congratulations and thank you for sharing.

Jaime

• 3 months later...
sweeet, love the photos, - what is the backlit red thing

Thanks Pho.

It's my gf's candle holder... some sort of "artsy glass" or whatever. She has many of them in different colors. The red one is my favorite... it decorates the photos nicely, especially when you're shooting black and white watches. :)

Nice update...too bad you had to break the "8 rep" rule. ;)

You've got quite the collection of 4th hands. Aside from the gen, they're all 2836's (mix of IHS and CHS if I remember right) that you've no problems with...correct? I'm still a little worried about getting a GMT because of the movement...but you're experiences are instilling confidence in me to take the plunge.

Nice update...too bad you had to break the "8 rep" rule. ;)

You've got quite the collection of 4th hands. Aside from the gen, they're all 2836's (mix of IHS and CHS if I remember right) that you've no problems with...correct? I'm still a little worried about getting a GMT because of the movement...but you're experiences are instilling confidence in me to take the plunge.

Thanks Toad.

I've owned at least 10 reps with WHS 2836 movements and I've never had one single problem with them... not ONE. I don't know where this bs about them being unreliable comes from, but this false information dies hard apparently.

2 out of my 3 CHS watches have been really, really problematic. One is currently dead and trashable, and I gave it to my watch guy. WHS and CHS = two completely different builds. WHS ETA = reliable, CHS ETA = very unreliable. That's the basic summary, based on my own experiences. :)

Edit: I've owned (at least briefly) 4 CHS watches, and 3 were problematic. Forgot the one I once returned to PT. I don't know why my beloved ExpII works... but then again I never use the independent hour hand on it.

Great collection BT. Gotta get that Ebel!

On the subject of straps let me share a cpl of pics showing how different things can look on a strap.

This is the second time today I'v pinched KBHs pic of his Sea Master on carbon. I just love this.

DSCN2364web.jpg

These Brietlings look good too, and different.

A gen with deployent from "some guy at Breitling Source"

CIMG3432.jpg

SA on Brown.

picture094Medium-2.jpg

Pics from JohnG.

All three have taken on a entirly different charecter on leather/carbon compared to the steel they came on. Like geting an extra watch for the price of the strap.

Col.

Edited by trailboss

2 out of my 3 CHS watches have been really, really problematic. One is currently dead and trashable, and I gave it to my watch guy. WHS and CHS = two completely different builds. WHS ETA = reliable, CHS ETA = very unreliable. That's the basic summary, based on my own experiences. :)

Edit: I've owned (at least briefly) 4 CHS watches, and 3 were problematic. Forgot the one I once returned to PT. I don't know why my beloved ExpII works... but then again I never use the independent hour hand on it.

Thanks for that. Now I have to figure out...vintage vs. new. I like the GMT IIC...but a The Zigmeister vintagized GMT would be great.

Always great to see your collection. Yours was the inspiration for me to shrink mine. You can only give love to so many watches and stick with what you truly love. You know, my best friend is this really wealthy guy who has over a hundred gens, many of them complications. Like over a million bucks worth. And you know what? It really osn't impressive to me (yeah I do tell him that) because he doesn't even know what he has or what he likes. He probably has never even worn more than half of them which are still in the original boxes. Silly really...

A watch collection should be personal and refined IMO. Anything more and it is either a disease or showing off. Not knocking big collections, but if one has one I only hope that they all mean something to him or else there isn't much to gain from it. When I see yours I instantly see how you are connecting to them and what you connect with. And that my friend is where it's at as they say. Thanks for sharing!

Always great to see your collection. Yours was the inspiration for me to shrink mine. You can only give love to so many watches and stick with what you truly love. You know, my best friend is this really wealthy guy who has over a hundred gens, many of them complications. Like over a million bucks worth. And you know what? It really osn't impressive to me (yeah I do tell him that) because he doesn't even know what he has or what he likes. He probably has never even worn more than half of them which are still in the original boxes. Silly really...

A watch collection should be personal and refined IMO. Anything more and it is either a disease or showing off. Not knocking big collections, but if one has one I only hope that they all mean something to him or else there isn't much to gain from it. When I see yours I instantly see how you are connecting to them and what you connect with. And that my friend is where it's at as they say. Thanks for sharing!

Couldn't agree with you more Robbie. I think my current 10 is the absolute maximum number... and I still have a hard time wearing them all regularly. But on the other hand, when you have more than 4-5, you can make "finds" after a while. You haven't worn some piece for a long time and then you're positively surprised when you take it from the box and put it on your wrist... and think "wow, I didn't remember this was so nice".

Only a fellow Watch Idiot can understand. :D

I believe your collection is calling for a BCE & a DSSD :D

BCE is a stunner, but DSSD... that watch does NOTHING for me. Maybe it grows on me later but now I simply don't like it... I think it's just ugly and clumsy. :)