When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Yams !

torresp

Yes, I just receive from Maria the new TT-sub; as soon as I received it polished the sides of the bracelet and this is the result and my impressions about the watch.

The dial prints are very close to the original, just like the background of the date, according to K and post-K series. Colour is correct too but the only flaw is the blue of the bezel (less dark than real).

86339-29357.jpg

Is the first TT sub with the correct bezel ticker than previous versions, crown guards are correct too (maybe needs to open just a bit) and the tube/crown seems less off-centered than other MBW subs.

Crystal raise the bezel but less than other MBW subs; the date magnification seems 2,3-2,4 (gen is 2,5 too) not like the luckky's MBW version but like the older MBW's.

86339-29358.jpg

The laser crown located inside the crystal is near perfect, you need a 10x loupe (or zooming with the camera) and only under certain angles you could see it.

86339-29359.jpg

Pearl is very close to the gen too, slightly raised but with the correct diameter and correct curvature.

The end links are perfect in the color and in the finish (the union between gold and steel) but needs to be more curved; the link has 30º while the gen is 40º aprox.

86339-29360.jpg

Redhaut is smaller than orig, no questions about that; I owned (and own) several MBW's subs and this redhaut isn't the same. This redhaut is the reason of the date magnification (close to 2,5 but not exactly 2,5), 1mm more in the redhaut would make the date mag Ok.

86339-29361.jpg

The crown is bigger than real but sits against the tube like the real deal, is one of the best fit between crow/tube/case I saw, even betten than previous MBW.

86339-29362.jpg

Luminova is similar to other models, correct color but not as bright as the real.

86339-29363.jpg

Finally a wrist shot, nice watch no? ;)

86339-29364.jpg

Overall impressions are very good, I'm waiting long time for the correct TT Sub and this one is a very nice example, with some flaws but worth the money. Maybe the perfect TT sub could be obtained using parts from the old MBW TT (correct case, crystal and redhaut) and this one.

Cheers,

Toni

You forgot to mention the end links which are solid like in genuines, not like in the old versions:

86349-29354.jpg

What a magnificient rep! I guess I have to update my TT Sub reference guide again. ;)

I doubt it. This has the best cg's (spiky and thin) I've ever seen...and superb dial (for once the SUBMARINER text/font looks right). This one takes TT Subs to another level. True, the insert is probably too dark and it would be nice to see the dial color in daylight.

But very difficult to call out a rep...even for us.

I doubt it. This has the best cg's (spiky and thin) I've ever seen...and superb dial (for once the SUBMARINER text/font looks right). This one takes TT Subs to another level. True, the insert is probably too dark and it would be nice to see the dial color in daylight.

But very difficult to call out a rep...even for us.

I guess I'd still do a few mods (personally)... Like a gen 16613 insert and crown/tube. But that's all it really needs (in my opinion) to really put this one over the top. I know Toni is a resourceful guy with good parts connections, and I also know he can do the mods too, so I'm curious to know if there's more to come for this one?

Thanks for your comments guys.

Randy, you can read my thoughts mate ;) already have a gen bezel and looking for a gold crown, but first I need to decide if I keep it (perhaps much bling bling for me) or sell it to funds for another 1665 project.

Cheers