When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Toad's Review: Free Graphite Dialed V3 (?) Skyland...get yours now

Toadtorrent

Amazing review. When I posted my Watchstation Skyland pictorial and mentioned there were better reviews than I could have written, this was exactly what I had in mind

Thanks!! It's always fun to write them. I just wish I had more watches to review. Hah hah.

As to the weight of the head, I clock mine in at 135.5g...so lighter than the gen.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For a while I though I was reading a great article in "HR Watches" magazine...but then I realized that no watch magazine I have ever read had any articles even close to approaching the detail, comedy, and excellent research that this article presents.

Amazing, simply amazing, I can't thank you enough for the time and effort you put into producing this, it's EXCELLENT. I have a book in publication and I wrote for a magazine for a few years, and I know how difficult it is to accomplish what you keep posting for the RWG members.

This is what makes RWG the number 1 watch (not only replica) site on the internet, bar none...

Thanks again, very much appreciated.

RG

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Good man Trend, this was the 2nd thing I read on this board, the first being Toads noob guide. 3 days later I had ordered 2 V3 Skylands, one for me one for my pop, they are stunning watches! Peter is a great guy, you will not be dissapointed!!

Can't remember if I thanked you for this Toady, you know how my memory is, but it by far the most well researched, amusing and complete review I have read (no offence to BT here, your reviews are stunning too)! You were on song the day you wrote this one bud!!

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Short update:

I'm in tough with several dealers now in order to get the perfect Skyland rep.

After reading your review the fifth time, I noticed that you mentioned to have gotten it from Watchstation for $168.

Unfortunately I can't find that watch on their website any more. The cheapest skyland seems to be the v1, with the half-lume dot @ 3 for $198. Am I misunderstanding you or has the marketprice changed so rapidly?

Thanks for the great review. I'm getting my Skyland V2 next week i think. Really looking foward to this watch, as it's my first replica....after a 80$ cheapo Navitimer, which was totally a pain in the ass. But i'll write more about it, as soon as i have pics of the skyland ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

This is the first time I have come across your thread, although first posted in 2008

it is still considered up to date and a phenomenal read/comparison.

Thank you for all the info and very entertaining read!

GC

btw: I decided on a V3/Graphite, woohoo!!!

Edited by G.Curcio

• 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...