When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Trusty`s Sea Dweller "lite"

Terje

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are the pics, awful ones, i was experimenting with a crap lightbox style setup.

Anyway, i think its good, same as the swiss except with asian movement.

This is my first seadweller and i have noticed that the bracelet sides are polished and much thinner that sub bracelets, is this normal?

What do you think?

CIMG4935.jpg

CIMG4936.jpg

CIMG4937.jpg

CIMG4939.jpg

CIMG4940.jpg

CIMG4941.jpg

CIMG4942.jpg

CIMG4943.jpg

CIMG4944.jpg

CIMG4946.jpg

CIMG4947.jpg

Edited by ajoesmith

soon guys soon, in the next 30 mins to 1 hr!

Can you take pics of the tube/crown? CG's look good as well...do you have a side profile shot to show themem off better?

Overall, looks pretty good! The website pics make the pearl look HORRIBLE, but, in your pics, meh....not too bad!

Looks good enough for a $98 watch to me. I ordered one!

link?

I'm not finding this price as well. :(

Edited by cht

Here you go http://www.tt88time.com/index.php?main_pag...roducts_id=3345

@Gadet man, you wont be able to put in an ETA movement as the hand sizes are different.

On my SSD Lite i have removed the bezel insert, filed it down so it sits better on the bezel and also have modded the pearl. The bracelet has also been oiled and feels great.

The final mod will be putting in a DG4813 movement as it beats at 28,800bph as pr the gen and that will be a tutorial that ill post on the forum. I believe that Toadtorrent has done a redux of my previous tutorial but there are a few flaws in that one so ill clear that up in the new one!

On my SSD Lite i have removed the bezel insert, filed it down so it sits better on the bezel and also have modded the pearl. The bracelet has also been oiled and feels great...

Hey, you don't waste much time do you!

I was wondering if you've had a look at the serial number on the case. Is it Z53...?

Here you go http://www.tt88time.com/index.php?main_pag...roducts_id=3345

@Gadet man, you wont be able to put in an ETA movement as the hand sizes are different.

On my SSD Lite i have removed the bezel insert, filed it down so it sits better on the bezel and also have modded the pearl. The bracelet has also been oiled and feels great.

The final mod will be putting in a DG4813 movement as it beats at 28,800bph as pr the gen and that will be a tutorial that ill post on the forum. I believe that Toadtorrent has done a redux of my previous tutorial but there are a few flaws in that one so ill clear that up in the new one!

Nice, looking forward to the new tutorial!

The old was is great btw.

Did you need to remove some material to make the WM pearl fit?

Did you do any CG reshaping?

Do you have pics of the mods yet?

I might mod one of these and give it to my brother for Christmas, lol.

I didnt put in a WM pearl, personally i dont care about pearls anymore. I really dont give a shitte if someone says its a fake, why your pearl is wrong, yeah right when is that going to happen?

As for the CG's, see the post above! I simply dont care anymore. I used to be so anal about all that stuff, now i simply dont care and just want to do a few mods so that im satisfied and thats all that matters.

For $98 i just want to basically forget about it and just wear and enjoy it

Yes i removed the pearl but i didnt sand it.

I have tried sanding in the past and it takes a long time and is difficult to do and can remove skin from your fingers.

I use a small file and turn the bezel insert upside down and file away until the black paint/coating comes off and then rotate the insert and file again. Simple and much faster then sanding!

I didnt put in a WM pearl, personally i dont care about pearls anymore. I really dont give a shitte if someone says its a fake, why your pearl is wrong, yeah right when is that going to happen?

True.

However, I'm glad it doesn't come with the sad little pearl shown on the dealers site...

pearl.jpg

• 1 month later...

This is a lot of watch for $98. I was inspired by this thread enough to buy one and attempt some light modding. I did the WM pearl swap and sanded the insert(along with my fingertips) so it would sit lower in the bezel. Pics lack the bracelet because she was taking an oil bath at the time. The bracelet feels much better now. Next up are the CGs, but I'm not really sure what exact shape they need to be, and I don't have a case-back remover to get the crown out of the way.

watches016to2.jpg

watches018kt5.jpg

• 2 months later...

I ordered the SD lite from Andrew and couldnt be happier. It's a touch noisy, but that's the asian movt for you and the lume sucks. I don't care, i absolutely love the watch. If I wanted it to be perfect I'd plunk $6000 down and get the gen. Put my down payment on WM9's SD. From what I read he makes the best and buying at $425 instead of a few hundred more makes my wallet happy. Now If I can decide between an expII, turnOgraph, or Deepsea?!?!?