When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Trusty`s Sea Dweller "lite"

Terje

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I looked at the pics and it looks like the SSD with the asian 2813. For $98 plus s&h, what do you have to loose? I couldn't tell if it was a PTS Resources 2813 with the WO symbol under the balance, or the NN 2813- is that the Nanking watch works...

I'm partial to the PTS Resources movement myself, but a CN movt is a CN movt! You take your chances. If you have a watchmaker, hopefully you'll survive.

You do need to get a WM pearl though, cause the pearl in Trusty's pic is a zit!

I asked eurotimez if he could get the same watch (because i dont want to order from trusty at all), he claimed that it is not the same watch. But whne i compare the pics it is the same watch. But i know there are several people who already ordered the watch on the geeks and i wait till i see the result of them.

Maybe it's my old eyes... but the pearl on the new Lite SSD is only slightly worse than the one on the SSD rep. Neither of them match the gen exactly.

Lite SSD

BSSD.jpg

SSDv2 ETA

PSSD.jpg

Gen 16600

gen.jpg

Also I reckon there's a difference in the cut/depth of the bezel "teeth" on the two reps. But that might just be the angle of the pics.

Edited by mars08

LOL, a clone of perfect clones.

The last pic shows the movement and a shot between the lugs- last three digits of the SN are 117- that's the SSD- can't remember, was it Z539117...

Yes that is correct about the serial and if i look at the serial at the pic it could be Z539117

But still i dont want to buy from any of the cartell dealers so i am hoping there will be another source for this watch

Please explain how I can tell if it's a Sub case instead of the proper SD. I haven't got a good eye for this sort of thing.

Is it the shape of the lugs?

To give you a litle help...always remeber that the old Seadweller replica used a Submariner case,this is wrong in dimensions

The new SSD uses a new the so called "1:1" copy..and its corect in dimensions

:secret: So:

SSD:thicker case

Old seadweller: thiner case(like submariner) wrong!

SSD:Smaller diameter of crystal

Old Seadweller:Big diameter of crystal(like sub) wrong!

SSD:smaller diameter of bezel

Old seadweller: biger diameter(like sub) wrong!

SSD: Fat crown tube like genuine seadweller

Old seadweller: thin tube and crown...like the old Rolex reps....wrong again

SSD: fat bezel ring!

Old seadweller: thin bezel ring

SSD: fat nice crystal...

Old seadweller: thin crystal...

...and it goes on and on and on....

Check the dimensions of this SSD: http://www.jpc8118.com/rlsd10003-super-dwe...362-p-3585.html

And the old seadweller with submariner case: http://www.jpc8118.com/rlsd10001-black-dia...ted-p-2079.html

My SSD 'Lite' has arrived.

Ill snap a few pics for all to see. I paid $98 including shipping by registered airmail from trusty. It only took 10 days to get here, not bad considering EMS sometimes takes that time!

At first glance its great, looks to be the V2 bezel and has the swiss case etc.

Pics later

My SSD 'Lite' has arrived.

Ill snap a few pics for all to see. I paid $98 including shipping by registered airmail from trusty. It only took 10 days to get here, not bad considering EMS sometimes takes that time!

At first glance its great, looks to be the V2 bezel and has the swiss case etc.

Pics later

I want pics now :rolleyes:

No take your time...