When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hey Noob...or not so Noob...Read this Now!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello Everyone,

I am a newbie both to this forum and to the rep world. I have 1been trying to educate myself using using Toadtorrent's guide as well as Edge's guide, but I just seem to be running into a bunch of dead links (#404 errors) or links that lead me back to the community forum or I get this:

[#103137] You do not have permission to view this topic.

I have read through all six pages, and through Edge's Guide To Rep Forums Pt 1 where I encountered the same issues. I cannot seem to access these either:

GUIDES

Toad's Noob Guide to Surviving the Rep World

Toad's Exclusive RWG Guide: How to Win Friends and Influence Beautiful Women - Using the Breitling Navitimer and Bentley Slide Rules

CG-mod-tutorial/page__p__772344__hl__239__fromsearch__1&#entry772344'>Toad's Guide (and Review) - Ziggified PAM 239 Destro

Toad's Guide: Ajoesmith's Mother of All Tutorials REDUX

Toad's Guide - Inside the Franck Muller Crazy Hours Jump Hour Movement

Toad's Guide - 1655 Explorer II Steve McQueen Orange Hand Reference Guide

Toad's Guide to the Rolex Submariner - Noobmariner vs Beginmariner

Toad's Guide - Pictorial Reference Guide to Rare Vintage Rolex

Toad's Guide - Seagull ST19 Keyless Works Fix and 6-o-clock Subdial Freezing

REVIEWS

Toad's Review: Free Graphite Dialed V3 (?) Skyland

Toad's Review of the Franck Muller Crazy Hours Color Dreams

Toad's Review - Ziggified Omega Seamaster (SMP) Chrono

Toad's Preview - Omega Deville Hour Vision

Toad's Review - IWC 3717 Spitfire Chrono

Toad's Review - 2006 Cousteau Divers - Problems Solved?

Could someone please point me in the right direction? I'd really like to familiarize myself with the lingo and not make a total donkey out of myself before I post on a forum.

Thanks,

Xy

Hello Everyone,

Could someone please point me in the right direction? I'd really like to familiarize myself with the lingo and not make a total donkey out of myself before I post on a forum.

Thanks,

Xy

Hello there! As you may or may not know, very few things on the Internet are permenently anchored. They tend to vanish via erosion with the steady flow of time.

In the past two years, the Forum has moved domains, and changed forum software a few times, and many older links are permanently broken. Sad but true.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
A couple of the links are dead, just tried to PM but not taking new mail. The zeigmeister glossary  and teh abbreviation wiki. Just thought I'd point it out as I'd love to read them.

As far as 5 year-old topics go, this one is surprisingly complete. Every time the Forum administrator changes software or hosts, invariably things become lost forever. Also, some contributors eventually leave the board or purposely remove their posts over time. As with anything on the internet, if it is there .. you are lucky, because tomorrow it will not be there.

That being said, welcome to the community. Read as much as you can, and you'll learn more than you ever thought you'd know.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

some great info here.

I have one question however

Can you buy from here?

if so, how ? 

This is a community discussion web site designed to help people not be ripped off when they collect replica watches as a hobby.

We don't sell anything, but there is a list of trustworthy Chinese dealers on the main page and there is an area for private members to sell off their pieces.

Sounds cheap! Could you post the link, like I said "I'm lazy"  :partytime:

I put what info I had at hand under your original post . I'm old and disabled and not too computer literate so I listed the seller (easysource ) . So if you just type in automatic watch winder in the search bar and scroll down I'm sure you will find him. He has these under auction and also buy it now so after you find him just look under see seller other items. Sometimes you can get it even cheaper with the auctions, I tried that first trying to get the Burl wood like I had but was outbid within the last few minutes and didn't want to start a bidding war knowing I could buy it now for $99.99 with free shipping. With the auctions he does change shipping . Good luck hope you can get the finish you want, he has most any finish you want . I had a choice of the red or black at the time so I took the black. After mine getting broken I needed one now and didn't want to spend the next week trying to get the finish I really wanted but nobody but my wife and I see it anyway and they work the same no matter what finish it is.

• 2 months later...

Thank you for this treasure!

I am very new to this forum and the hobby and I am certain I will learn so much from all of the site's enthusiasts. I hope to be able to contribute to this community something of value myself someday.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...