When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

what sort of watch does Michael Corleone wear?

kronos twin

I just saw "The Godfather II" for the umpteenth time, and I was curious if anyone has been able to figure out what sort of watch Michael is wearing, particularly when he is in cuba. I'm thinking of the scene where he hugs Fredo and tells him he knows he was betrayed by him. any ideas? I can't find a good pic of his wrist there, but in one frame in particular, I would swear he's wearing a Jaquet Droz.

what a great idea for a thread! ;)

"What watch would this famous name or that wear as his signature timepiece?"

It's a fantastic metaphor of the image and persona of watches to personality. It could be a series...

Like what would 'dubya's watch be, versus like, what would sir edmond hillary's be?

my image would be dubya chooses to wear an "AP end of days" (because that's either what he was hoping for or just trying to accomplish on his own).

hillary, i dunno, an blancpain 50 fathoms?

someone should start a new thread for shits n giggles...

that's a great pic, nightstroker. Thank you for your input!

kt

No problem. I try my best with threads like this. I love to investigate and dig around on the web. Usually I can come up with some good pics and help solve the mystery.

With this one, unfortunately, not much information is out there and this photo is the only one that shows a decent shot of the watch. Other photos exist, but are poorer quality than this one. My google searches came up empty handed.

what a great idea for a thread! ;)

"What watch would this famous name or that wear as his signature timepiece?"

It's a fantastic metaphor of the image and persona of watches to personality. It could be a series...

Like what would 'dubya's watch be, versus like, what would sir edmond hillary's be?

my image would be dubya chooses to wear an "AP end of days" (because that's either what he was hoping for or just trying to accomplish on his own).

hillary, i dunno, an blancpain 50 fathoms?

someone should start a new thread for shits n giggles...

You might want to check out http://jitteryjim.com/?page_id=432, he seems to be a great source for watches in the movies.