When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

watchmaker just joined

Hi -I have been advised by one of this sites ardent fans to join this forum,as I may be able to pick up a bit of work,I have been a self employed wachmaker for 46 years.I repair and restore any watch -from gold Patek chronos to replica Rolex.I am constantly amazed by the knowledge that a large number of people have about watches.I have an interest outside of my working hours in that I collect Girard Perregaux and Omegas from the sixties-I served an apprenticeship with girard perry and worked for Omega as a watchmaker,but my knowledge of some of the wathces currently available is minimal in comparison to some of the contributors to this forum. watchmakermichael

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great to have you aboard! Feel free to do a complete and thorough "brain dump" of all your experience, knowledge and photos of your collection to share with vacuums for information like me!!

It sounds like you have much experience with high end movements in general. I would suggest reading lots of the tech posts of our resident movement meister The Zigmeisterzumba who will be able to provide some information on his vault of knowledge working with the idiosyncracies of the Asian 7750 movements that comprise most of the work people would want to enlist you for.

Hi and welcome to RWG :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Participate on our forum and build up a bit of faith amongst our members and I am sure you will see lot's of work as a result.

Number one job.......remove your address from your personal details

It could save a knock on the door from GAF or Richemont. :)

Ken

Hi and welcome to RWG :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Participate on our forum and build up a bit of faith amongst our members and I am sure you will see lot's of work as a result.

Number one job.......remove your address from your personal details

It could save a knock on the door from GAF or Richemont. :)

Ken

why is it advisable to remove my address ?I am a watchmaker and I repair any watch,when Rolex learnt that I was repairing Copy watches I informed them that if they paid my mortgage I would stop repairing replicas,needless to say I am still paying my mortage myself and still repairing any watch which i am given. watchmakermichael

why is it advisable to remove my address ?I am a watchmaker and I repair any watch,when Rolex learnt that I was repairing Copy watches I informed them that if they paid my mortgage I would stop repairing replicas,needless to say I am still paying my mortage myself and still repairing any watch which i am given. watchmakermichael

I like your attitude ;) Welcome Michael!

That is of course a decision that is up to you but I wouldn't want to bet that GAF or Richemont can't find an angle to shaft you if they put their minds to it.

Ken

PS: It may pay to remember also that this is the Internet and we never know just what nutso's are lurking around.

[Thank you for your comments -I will explore further the idea that someone can come and remove from my premises items that do not belong to me and are being repaired -I do not know what authority they would have-I will put this scenario to my legal advisors and will let you know the results-as far as I am concerned no one opens my safe but me-any attempt to do so will be met with a refusal to give the safe combination -this is England after all not East Germany in the 1950's watchmakermichael

Great news :)

[Thank you for your comments -I will explore further the idea that someone can come and remove from my premises items that do not belong to me and are being repaired -I do not know what authority they would have-I will put this scenario to my legal advisors and will let you know the results-as far as I am concerned no one opens my safe but me-any attempt to do so will be met with a refusal to give the safe combination -this is England after all not East Germany in the 1950's watchmakermichael

they'll probably force you to open it under the terrorism act :D

can do luming-watchmakermichael

/

[i usually repair the watch quicker than responding to emails-jobs usually take 10 days to turn around-special glasses and dial restores etc. take a bit longer-I do not sit on jobs as I like to earn -regards Michael

I can do anything regards watches-but i cannot set the video- can lume -regards Michael