When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

watchmaker just joined

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome mate. I think you will do very well here. It's great to have a man of your experiance arround. As the guys have said, if you can master the A7750 you'r made. The claaor from the EU for somone of your skills has been almost deafening of late.

Ask and ye shall recive fellas. Now if we can only get somone is OZ. I've got my guy but a fallback would be nice.

Col.

[Thank you for your comments -I will explore further the idea that someone can come and remove from my premises items that do not belong to me and are being repaired -I do not know what authority they would have-I will put this scenario to my legal advisors and will let you know the results-as far as I am concerned no one opens my safe but me-any attempt to do so will be met with a refusal to give the safe combination -this is England after all not East Germany in the 1950's watchmakermichael

:lol: I think you're going to fit in very well here Michael, regardless of your expertise.

Not sure about it not being the '50s though - not with the raft of stealth laws being squeezed through the Home Office over the last few years.

At least the Stasi had the common decency to knock first (usually loudly - with their feet - and at gunpoint but let's not split hairs)

Welcome aboard Michael. You are going to be busier than a one legged man in an [censored] kicking competition. Get ready for the tidal wave of work, we have been crying out for a skilled watchmaker in the UK who will do work on reps. I can't wait to see the first post of your first job. I hope you find working on reps satisfying. A friend has an MBW 1665 GW that needs plenty of mods, expect a PM soon.

Welcome once again and all the best,

Dieselpower.

watches area ccepted by post-automatic overhauls start at

A worm welcome from me too Michel.

We desperately need EU based watchsmiths.

You will need to have some spare 2836 , 2824 and 7750 rep movements since many of the babies we will send you, will be needing spare parts.

Just for my info , what is your prefered method of payment ??

PayPal, Bank Transfer , Wester Union ???

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome Michael, you found a very good community here. We were long time looking for a EU based watchsmith: our mostly estimate expert (Rob, The Zigmeisterzumba) is based in Canada. Most of the members here sent him their babies, but as you probably know Customs issues are a nightmare, and we generally have more than one baby who need a doctor ;) . The most frequent requests, besides servicing Swiss and Asian ETAs and Valjouxs include reluming with superluminova or tritium on the vintages, AR coating crystals, replacing hands and dials, "vintagising" or reshaping crown guards, lug holes drilling (rep Rolex) to accept 2 mm springbars, changing bezel inserts, etc.

Welcome on board!!!! :drinks:

• 1 month later...

Hi Michael

just joied myself ! ive got a raymond weil replica asian 7750 i believe it appears to be gaining around 20mins a day after getting the back off and realising im compleatly out of my depth put it back quickly still fast any ideas !

Regards Mac (black country

Hi michael

mac again let me know if you can sort out the asian 7750 i spoke of earlier and how to get it to you dont think im that far away could drop off or post if required (seen some of the posts) Its anoying having a watch that you cant wear ! how bad is the snow by you ?

regards Mac62