When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Wombat's watch collection

wombat247

My collection... some are gen, some are rep... you decide which is which... I can't even tell anymore... I wish it were complete but watches keep turning up around the house... it's <i>possible</i> that I have more than I need... no judgments please. I meant to post pics like this a long time ago back when TTK said he thought my "knowledge of reps isn't vast". At the time, I wanted to buy a few watches from him at once. Because of his comment, I never bothered. My loss I guess. Of course, now we all know what an ass he is but that's another story.

I fitted the cases myself. I bought the aluminum cases on ebay for $10 each- they were originally built for telescope parts or something. I know they're not beautiful but they keep my watches from banging into each other.

IMG_0975.JPG

IMG_0978.JPG

IMG_0980.JPG

IMG_0981.JPG

IMG_0982.JPG

IMG_0983.JPG

IMG_0984.JPG

IMG_0985.JPG

IMG_0986.JPG

hopefully the pictures worked this time.

10 per case max... not all cases are full... i'm working on getting the pics to show up...

Wow...you've got a beautifully well rounded collection that's for sure.

As to the pics...they are large sized images which is why they are having problems loading (4000 x 3000). In a photo program (which ever one) try shrinking them down to 800 x 600 and that should speed things up immensely. If you delete the old images editing your post, and repost the reduced images, that should help immensely.

Nice to see!! Thanks.

As to the pics...they are large sized images which is why they are having problems loading (4000 x 3000). In a photo program (which ever one) try shrinking them down to 800 x 600 and that should speed things up immensely. If you delete the old images editing your post, and repost the reduced images, that should help immensely.

Nice to see!! Thanks.

Your wish is my command. The problem was that they were loaded onto a server which would time out for viewing the pics. I'd upload them, review my post and then by the time anyone saw it, they'd be gone again. I just moved them to a server that's more friendly.

The only Pic that I can see is 7 cases stacked .. 7 cases!

I'm new to all this watch stuff .. And I'm scared, my wallet is scared, my bank account is scared.

Amen to that.

My wife would kill me if I end upp with 10% of what's in those cases.

I mean, she's tired just listening to my plans for my next watch.... and that's only one.

But this is impressive.

Thanks fore sharing...

I'm speechless. Just insane. You are the Tanfo of repli-gens. A friend of mine locally has a collection like that and it is always staggering to see all his at once as is this.

And I too love the idea of the flight style breifcases. Hey Teejay - if you want to be really cool pack all yours in actual ATA flight case spec breifcases. Seriously though, I bet if the foam was stiff enough you wouldn't even need to build partitions. You could just cut the foam and make a grid out of one sheet and the pressure from the stiffness would hold all the foam pieces together even with watches in them.

So here is the question we all want to know. I'd bet they all don't stay in rotation and some you keep just because you probably have a rule never to sell a watch once you get it. Assuming so, which of them do get wristtime constantly? 5 of them? 10? More? Please, do tell...

Nice UN Marine Chonometer BTW. Really great piece and not so easy to find these days. I think UN phased that out totally if I'm not mistaken? Shame. But I'm glad they brought back the romans with the newly designed Maxi Chronometer. Always loved that design and now folks who would prefer a 43MM watch to 38MM like yours have an alternative. Too bad there is no longer an enamel dial though. So classic and elegant - which is why I like yours better personally. UN makes such interesting pieces with such wonderful maritime history regardless of the piece and I'm always surprised that still not so many are all that familiar with them. Part of it is probably that thier dealer network is very small and many never get to see them in person. Now all we need is some great UN reps!

EDIT: I was mistaken about the enamel dial - kind of. The 43MM version was available with a white enamel dial in 2007 as a special edition just for that year in both steel and rose gold. Just checked an older book. Oops.

263-67_42n_main.jpg

So here is the question we all want to know. I'd bet they all don't stay in rotation and some you keep just because you probably have a rule never to sell a watch once you get it. Assuming so, which of them do get wristtime constantly? 5 of them? 10? More? Please, do tell...

Believe it or not, I wear a good percentage of the watches I own. I sell gens but not reps due to the legal risks of doing so. What I'd consider the "core" watches- the watches I wear regularly are as follows:

Gens:

Sea Dweller

X33

Langematik

Chopard LUC (WG)

IWC Doppelchronograph (I also have the bracelet for it which is awesome but I prefer to wear it on the Hirsch strap in the pic)

Seiko Kinetic

IWI Pilot

Reps:

Ti PAM 111H

IWC 3717

PAM Arktos

Black dial 6263 (needs a new dial since the existing one flaked off somehow)

Breguet Tourbillon (non-skeleton)

Breitling Ti Avenger Chrono

Breitling Chrono Evo (White dial)

Patek Nautillus

PVD PAM (not sure of the model)

Patek chrono (SS... not pictured... 38mm)... I bought the gold one which is pictured but it's 40mm and way too big for what I wanted so I rarely wear it. What's funny is that it's much better quality than the SS version I have... typical Rep frustration

Rolex GMTIIC

Rolex datejust SS with havana dial and arabics (I first saw this watch at the atlantis hotel in WG and LOVED it... $18k discounted... had to pass... the SS rep is such high quality I can't believe it- it's perhaps my most convincing and satisfying reps)

Rolex daytona (White dial)

The rest I wear when I see one on tv, in print or in a movie... my wife calls it playing dress up... she's right... it's harmless fun- at least I don't abuse drugs or chase other women...

Wow a Langematik -missed that one. Nice piece. You have impeccable tastes my freind. Oh no but after all my praise of the 1846 it didn't make the list. LOL...

Again, congrats on an impressive collection.

LOL... sorry... that one is definitely on the list. I also have the bracelet for it. I usually wear it on a rubber strap. It's truly an unbelievable watch. It's super good looking, very legible- even at night because of the tritium on the hands and hours. It's waterproof to 200 meters (has a screw down crown, of course). It has a titanium back to be hypoallergenic. A sapphire crystal so it doesn't get scratched. I swear, it's as versatile as a Rolex but you won't see one on everyone's wrist. Good ol' UN comes up with a superior design and then discontinues it... brilliance in a bottle.

Speaking of which, look at the Chopard LUC. They only made 1860 of those in WG and another 1860 in YG. I think it retailed for $8k and I bought it new for $5k. Another watch that's a huge value yet inappropriately rare.

IMG_0653.JPG

IMG_0658.JPG

IMG_0660.JPG

the omega's are in the other room ;)

Seriously... where ARE all the omegas? I've owned 2 gens and they're both gone now. Great watches but I guess they don't do anything for me. I have 3 omegas and all are gens and all are vintage. Weird. I saw a RG planet ocean a year or so ago and really liked it but wouldn't want to spend so much on such a pedestrian movement. I guess their overuse of ETA movements got to me. I like the PO but 45mm seems too big for that watch. Of course, wtf do i know anyway.

Really nice. And a very Lange-esq mini rotor. Love that look!

LOL... sorry... that one is definitely on the list. I also have the bracelet for it. I usually wear it on a rubber strap. It's truly an unbelievable watch. It's super good looking, very legible- even at night because of the tritium on the hands and hours. It's waterproof to 200 meters (has a screw down crown, of course). It has a titanium back to be hypoallergenic. A sapphire crystal so it doesn't get scratched. I swear, it's as versatile as a Rolex but you won't see one on everyone's wrist. Good ol' UN comes up with a superior design and then discontinues it... brilliance in a bottle.

Speaking of which, look at the Chopard LUC. They only made 1860 of those in WG and another 1860 in YG. I think it retailed for $8k and I bought it new for $5k. Another watch that's a huge value yet inappropriately rare.

IMG_0653.JPG

IMG_0658.JPG

IMG_0660.JPG

Really nice. And a very Lange-esq mini rotor. Love that look!

I've always thought of it as being patekesque since the first micro-rotor I saw was on a patek. I've always been a fan since you get an automatic watch where you can actually see the movement. I traded my GO Panomaticlunar for the Langematik btw and it too had a microrotor. I like micro-rotor watches for the added benefit of knowing they're not reps... not yet anyway. Once they start repping quality micro-rotors, I'll be a buyer.

WOW wombat ... I have no other expletives. I'm also a newbie, but I'm not afraid to have a similar collection years from now! I'd love a collection like that! Anyways, for the time being, I might use some of your pictures to show my wife that I don't really have a bad habit with the watch buying ;)