When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Thieves at Royal Mail?

Genrep

i have lost items valued at 5000$ at least in post transit since 2005.

sucks they are [censored] thiefs, one got caught in the US SF area he faces hard time and federal prison time and i em enjoying every update i get from the US department of Justice

@genrep,

If this thread has reference to Dr Tub's thread re a PP dispute-

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?s=&amp...st&p=575469

I think you are WAY out of line.

On one hand you acknowledge that the loss has come from a potential mail theft, and then you transfer the loss to the seller, by lodging a PP dispute!

If this is not the case, and I am reading things wrongly here, my apologies.

We as a community, acknowledge that PP disputes in the long term do no one any good. They are seen as a weapon of last choice in recovering goods.

In this case, it would appear that you have had a watch stolen, and without even entering into discussions with the seller, have just lodged a dispute to reclaim your funds. Surely a discussion with the seller, and attempts to reach an amicable conclusion, are better methods to treat happenings such as these?

So, IMHO, you sir, are way,way out of line!

You haven't even had the decency to reply to Dr Tub, in his thread, even though you have been alerted to it!

Sorry, but this is not the way we try to conduct business in our hobby, here at RWG!

Offshore

I have never lost an item through Fedex - and I use them lots......

Many other people have had rep goods seized by customs which were shipped via FedEx, particularly watches shipped from Asia. Just because you have been lucky in that regard, you can't discount the numerous other incidents where goods have been seized, where some dealers refuse to use FedEx because of the potential for goods to be seized, and where clients have insisted that a dealer not use FedEx because they didn't want to run the risk of having their goods seized.

• 4 weeks later...

Just through i would let you all know it is not only in britan. here in the US I have a watch sent by Joshua that made it to Melville NY post office and now for 9 days has said is has been processed out to my Post office who have never received it. (mind you Melville is on 30 miles ways from my PO). Now i file complaints to USPS and to Post master. USPS send me a message telling me exactly wha tthe tracking says and offers nothing else. i send back a note that tells them to basically get thier head out of A** and realize it doesn't take 9 days to drive 30 miles. Still no word and best quirk of it is that i cannot have Joshua send in for insurance until they admit it is lost. So USPS isn't a whole lot better, in fact the same mail bag apparrently has 2 other packages from china to my PO that are also "missing". Thieves are having fun

Cheers

S Sadove