When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

'Official Hello'..................

Demsey

...........................is how I started it, November 1, 2004 on the original RWG.

And now reset the 'post' count to "1". B)

There are many familiar screen names here to me, and to those perhaps no introduction necessary but; a fond flood of memories discovering 'replica' and 'watches' together and from the diverse multi-cultural, multi-demographic membership, so much more. Good to see you all again, and to be back in the ranks.

To those I am unfamiliar, how do you do. As you have attached yourself in one way or another to this group, you obviously are doing well with regard.

A certified Rolex head, at one point owning upward of twenty five 'sport' models in 'replica', but now pared down to seven 'keepers', I have learned to appreciate some other brands and genre. Having been 'out of the loop' for quite a while I know I have scant input on the latest developements, which by the '04 standard of the day, are just amazing. Pieces that would never pass the scrutiny of the WIS now, were once coveted, 'megalodon' crown guards on Taiwan Best cases be darned. As a point of reference; dealer TTK broke news that, dare we dream? The NEW Submariner Lunette Verde would soon be available! Say it's true! Will Eddie Lee have them too! :D

Regardless, the new RWG, as I explore it, is an achievement that now stands, obviously, as the new 'standard' since the closing of TRC's doors. I couldn't be more impressed, or more overwhelmed with the resources. This all is a 'redesigned wheel' certainly. I had no idea. Congratulations.

As a self engraciating side note, to all those members here who stopped by periodically these years to make a deck call on the "Flying Dutchman"; 'Omini', 'Two-Tone', 'Offshore', 'Nanuq', 'Kenberg', others, a special thank you to 'By-Tor' for posting his amazing reviews, and certainly to mention 'Ryyannon' who flew as my wingman for as long as he could stand it, your appearances were not wasted, but much appreciated. Towit; if anyone were puzzling over the fact; "Demsey @ RWG1, I just don't get it..........." Neither did I. Really. It was merely a social science experiment that drew discovery, and data, but in the end, no real conclusion. "fascinating..................." rya once posted. Enough said. And well, here we all are.

Looking forward, more than I thought, to the company and contributing good input. Uh, maybe more the 'company' side of the equation. Thanks 'Kenberg' and 'Two-Tone' for the welcome and gestures.

Cheers!

Demsey

Welcome aboard. I remember reading much of your stuff on the other sites over the while. I was logged on purely as a lurker under another username for awhile. I didn't think I had anything to contribute until I came here. RWG 2 is really a work of art in terms of community and knowledge...I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Welcome Dems! :tu: So when are you coming back to Alaska? We still gotta have that beer down at Tern Lake.

Lots has changed... PAMs are thick here (but we have plenty of disinfectant). Other dive watch brands have crept into certain members' watch boxes (cough) and as you said, the standards for the biz are higher than ever.

Omni drops by once in awhile, other (in)famous names have moved on to other gigs. Do some reading and you'll track 'em down.

Welcome aboard!

Thanks all, very enthusiastic and comfortable already.

Was thinking of you the other day 'Nanuq', rebuilding my photo album on drive from a disc; "Watch stuff/RWG" in preparation for some posts and came across this;

DINNER.jpg

I remember posting; "OK, Nanuq, Where, When, Why?............"

You; "Russian River, Kenai Peninsula, a half mile East of the confluence, site 62, late September, Second Silver run". I fell out of my chair. But, to be honest it was site 64, tents, no hook ups............... B)

You too T'J;

16613III.jpg

16613IV.jpg

16613II.jpg

This combination was born from your suggestion, against my collection. Was a fav pseudo-formal, but have since gifted off the watch as I can not reasonably pull off TT, saved the Croc of course -_- and it's back on the GMTII black bezel...............

Cheers Stephane!

Edited by Demsey

You too T'J;

16613III.jpg

16613IV.jpg

16613II.jpg

This combination was born from your suggestion, against my collection. Was a fav pseudo-formal, but have since gifted off the watch as I can not reasonably pull off TT, saved the Croc of course -_- and it's back on the GMTII black bezel...............

Those photos bring back some memories ^_^ I still have the Daytona which I tried strap swapping with, but it hasn't seen wrist time in over a year. I think in the end, the hands just weren't really clear enough for my preference. I'm sure the watch was well received :)

Hey RG. Too long. Looking forward to your recent contributions. Glad to see you are still one of the cornerstones.

@ Bll,

Yeah, 'clivecliff'. What was up with that guy? Funny mans. Good times. Thanks for the welcome!

I dont know....is he still on RWG1?......I barely go to that forum anymore....saw him one or two times on the darkside or geek....that;s it...does he still hate rolex and love his pams?? B)

does he still hate rolex and love his pams?? B)

You can rest assured; whatever rock he is hiding under, it is dimly lit, by the lume, of a cheap Kowloon open market Panerai. That horrid 'California dial' on Burgundy Croc. No doubt.

RWG1 is into the ethernet, archived in some .gov mainframe, somewhere between the wire taps of the Patriot Act, and a GAF "Bloopers" microfiche.

R.I.P

:)

Hey! I didn't vote for Obama (familial predisposition to the military) but am now a staunch supporter of the Democrat party. Who knew? Like there's a choice? :lol:

Godspeed President Obama. And for the love of God and Country stay away from any grassy knolls. I lived through that last one. Once in a lifetime is one too many.

Good to see you.

You can rest assured; whatever rock he is hiding under, it is dimly lit, by the lume, of a cheap Kowloon open market Panerai. That horrid 'California dial' on Burgundy Croc. No doubt.

RWG1 is into the ethernet, archived in some .gov mainframe, somewhere between the wire taps of the Patriot Act, and a GAF "Bloopers" microfiche.

R.I.P

hahahha....just becuz u said this...he is gonna jump out and attack u again...on this forum....lol :p

What... you didn't think things like this really exist? B)

http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.re...tches-guide.com

That is just plain frightening. Is this one of [censored] Chaney's side projects? Orwell was right.

lol "Richard", [censored]. Everyone loves irony, but no one want's to pay for it.........................

Edited by Demsey